Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-17-2014, 10:04 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I think the link he posted about academic yield was the best rebuttal he could come up with after researching for 2 days.
LOL! I think you are correct, and it is so so so sad for multiple reasons.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see that ph is able to speak about UNLV again. The last page of this thread was glorious.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:27 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
How long is coach Clap Clap going to last at Indiana? Didn't even make the NIT!
Wow, I wasn't really paying attention to the NIT bids so this is a shock. I understand it, but I guess always just assumed they weren't as bad as they really were.

I love the name Clap Clap, though. My other friend calls him the Peacock because he struts in front of the bench, back and forth, with hands behind his back.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:23 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Wow, I wasn't really paying attention to the NIT bids so this is a shock. I understand it, but I guess always just assumed they weren't as bad as they really were.

I love the name Clap Clap, though. My other friend calls him the Peacock because he struts in front of the bench, back and forth, with hands behind his back.
The name Coach Clap Clap is from an OSU site. OSU fans on the whole despise him since he whines a bunch and was overall a complete ***** towards Thad Matta several times. And Thad is not very easy to hate (as contrast towards the easy to hate Urban Meyer).
Old 03-17-2014, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
Prove it.........................
He's definitely a college professor. Also, UNLV not even selected for the NIT. Tisk tisk.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:14 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Me and my friend were planning on going....yeah, no thanks. I don't think my Maize jersey would be welcomed by OSU.
You could come anyway

SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:17 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Me and my friend were planning on going....yeah, no thanks. I don't think my Maize jersey would be welcomed by OSU.
I doubt OSU even beats Dayton. If so, they will be destroyed by Cuse.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:21 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, no postseason for Buffalo is a bit disappointing after the division title. I get it, they won 2/3 of their games but still played under 30 with no great wins. A good enough debut season for Bobby Hurley. Going to suck to lose MAC POY McCrea, I'm guessing he shifts the focus to the guards more moving forward.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I doubt OSU even beats Dayton. If so, they will be destroyed by Cuse.
I have you in the sweet 16, but not because I like your team that much. Cuse isn't really that good.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't have been invited by Rufus...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-17-2014, 12:34 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
You could come anyway

So...you want me to be part of your...World?
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:39 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I wouldn't have been invited by Rufus...

I was in Auburn Hills last year. You refused to come...I took it personally.

This love triangle is going to be the death of me.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I was in Auburn Hills last year. You refused to come...I took it personally.

This love triangle is going to be the death of me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-17-2014, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
I see that ph is able to speak about UNLV again. The last page of this thread was glorious.
My favorite is his attempt to make us root for them by not posting until they lose.

Problem is, unless he posts about them, or someone posts about him, I forget both he and UNLV even exist.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I have you in the sweet 16, but not because I like your team that much. Cuse isn't really that good.
OSU is not good either.

I'm expecting them to beat Dayton. But when they meet Syracuse for what should be nice crowd for the in Buffalo, they're going to lose bad.

But still, I think I'm gonna make the drive across the state and see them as long as they make it to the weekend. Never been to a tournament game my team was in before, and its finally close enough to make it reasonable.

So if they do lose Thursday, sorry Buckeyes fans its my fault. The basketball gods won't let me see them in the tournament.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:33 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSU can't shoot from outside and they don't have an active big man to play the middle of the zone. For a team that already struggles offensively, I'm not sure how they would succeed against Cuse.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
OSU can't shoot from outside and they don't have an active big man to play the middle of the zone. For a team that already struggles offensively, I'm not sure how they would succeed against Cuse.
doesn't necessarily have to be a big in the middle of the zone. Laquinton Ross is a good for for that spot, we'll see if Matta is smart enough to put him there.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all about Mercer beating Texas to get to the Elite 8 against Wichita.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:02 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't find any upsets. figures Tennessee gets ****** and draws a round of 32 game against Duke (assuming they win the play-in and beat UMass, which I do). I'd have taken them over Cuse or Creighton if they were in either bracket.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

North Dakota State is a really good team with lots of experience and scoring balance, I like them in the sweet 16.

Harvard too, I dont trust Cincy to be able to score consistently. Everyone is picking Harvard though so I'm not even sure how much of an upset that is.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:25 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
North Dakota State is a really good team with lots of experience and scoring balance, I like them in the sweet 16.

Harvard too, I dont trust Cincy to be able to score consistently. Everyone is picking Harvard though so I'm not even sure how much of an upset that is.
harvard is the most likely upset by just about every statistical model i've seen, so that's what i had. i really like xavier to beat st. louis if that matchup happens. st. louis seems drastically overseeded
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a huge upset, maybe not even an upset at all, but I like St. Joe's over UCONN. I think St. Joe's would give Nova a game, too, in the round of 32.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:50 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Not a huge upset, maybe not even an upset at all, but I like St. Joe's over UCONN. I think St. Joe's would give Nova a game, too, in the round of 32.
I picked St. Joe's to beat both.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Shabazz Napier is a top 5 player in the entire tournament. He's not losing to St. Joe's.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:23 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

St. Joe's seems primed for a letdown, that A-10 tourney win was their season.

They'd also need 'Nova to shoot as terribly as they did against SHU for that to even be a game. It was an absolute blowout at St. Joe's earlier this year.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote