Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-17-2006, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

That same friend just recently contacted me by telegraph and he told me to pass the word around about the company. Z-Life Brotherhood based in Eureka, California is on the forefront of extending lives. It was founded by Y. Tad Prowe M.D

The special offer is:

$ 8,500 which is paid by cash, check, insurance

Pre-Op rebate of 1,500
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
That same friend just recently contacted me by telegraph and he told me to pass the word around about the company. Z-Life Brotherhood based in Eureka, California is on the forefront of extending lives. It was founded by Y. Tad Prowe M.D

The special offer is:

Pre-Op rebate of 1,500
Will Dr. Marvin Candle be performing the procedure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno

The special offer is:

Pre-Op rebate of 1,500
Will Dr. Marvin Candle be performing the procedure?

Dr. Candle does not practice in this field. However I can refer you to Dr. Laa Naus of the Z-Life Brotherhood.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:04 AM    (permalink
snuff

Get out of my thread jerk.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Get out of my thread jerk.

Your in the wrong neck of the woods, i reckon. This is a free world man, FREE WORLD. This show 'round here is belief and belief is one.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:15 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, what we learned in health class is that personality traits are inherited by the child of the parents. Thats one factor, so going along saying self discipline and all, maybe the parents had none and the child inherited those traits.

And since we are mainly HS kids here, I think the parents are somewhat to blame too if their kid has no self discipline and was raised in an enviorment that subjected them to becoming obese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:55 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i find it absolutely hilarious that a bunch of 14-18 year olds are commenting on obesity, as if they've got the faintest clue what's going to happen to them when their metabolism suddenly grinds to a halt somewhere between 20 and 30.

i also find it slightly disturbing that no one has commented on the fact that one of the biggest factors in obesity is income. poor people cannot afford the luxury time to go workout. nor can they typically afford food that is actually healthy (is it any coincidence that all fast food restaurants have a dollar menu?). there's a good reason why obesity was never a major problem in history: people couldn't afford enough food to get fat unless they were in a serious minority (rich, elite). now the demographics have almost compeltely reversed. but hey, they probably haven't covered this in history class yet, so feel free to make a bunch of blanket statements about those dang fat people who just won't go for a run.

it just feels good to be baselessly self-righteous sometimes. :roll:
Old 11-17-2006, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Saying obesity is genetic is an excuse for fat people to blame it on other people and attempt to stop themselves from being blamed. Being fat is your fault, stop eating pop tarts and exercise.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:27 AM    (permalink
therock6000
Veteran

therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.

i believe it can be genetics...up to a certain point. some people do have thyroid conditions or slower metabolisms...but that doesn't mean that gives them an excuse to weigh 300 pounds. but for the most part i believe its just laziness and crappy eating habits.

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre
therock6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It could also be there parents fault, i kno this one guy his mom loves to cook and feed ppl and hes as fat as hell, but his parents are both like 5 feet nothing and 100 pounds
Old 11-17-2006, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think njx has a very big point, but I will elaborate. American society has become the "I want it now" society. Most people don't want to put forth the effort of cooking and don't want to wait for it to happen. The result? They will eat fast food instead of cooking a meal at home. The socioeconomic factors with fast food is also a consideration, but I think that point is counterfeit. You can feed a family of 4 for dinner for under $5 if you make pasta with tomato sauce or if you make tuna salad. Veggies obviously cost a little bit, but they also go bad and such. I think it's more a function of wanting something fast and easy than anything else. After all, most obese people without a medical condition get that way because they are lazy.

I will give an example of a genetics vs. environment situation. I have 2 friend from HS whose parents are very heavy. Probably medically obese, but they are not bed-ridden and such. Just fat. They have 2 sons, one is 28, the other 26. In HS, they were both heavy. Since HS, the older son has moved to Las Vegas and is about the same weight as he was back then. The younger son moved out to go to college and started running every day and now weighs 180 lbs. It's a matter of lifestyle and choices in most cases.

We are living in a society with a lot of fat people, particularly fat kids. This is not just poor people. It's a group of parents who would rather give their kids McDonalds and have them keep quiet with video games and TV than make their kids exercise and be active. I was at a pizza buffet the other day in a suburban neighborhood, and I saw a 10 year old white kid wearing brand new sneakers there. He was so freakin' fat that he had to arch his back just to walk. I was pretty sure he ate more than I did at the buffet. Of course, I try to watch what I eat, and I work out. This kid was probably about 30-40 lbs overweight at age 10. It was sickening.

I say there is a genetic disposition towards body type and metabolism, but probably 2/3 of truly obese people are products of their environment.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
i find it absolutely hilarious that a bunch of 14-18 year olds are commenting on obesity, as if they've got the faintest clue what's going to happen to them when their metabolism suddenly grinds to a halt somewhere between 20 and 30.

i also find it slightly disturbing that no one has commented on the fact that one of the biggest factors in obesity is income. poor people cannot afford the luxury time to go workout. nor can they typically afford food that is actually healthy (is it any coincidence that all fast food restaurants have a dollar menu?). there's a good reason why obesity was never a major problem in history: people couldn't afford enough food to get fat unless they were in a serious minority (rich, elite). now the demographics have almost compeltely reversed. but hey, they probably haven't covered this in history class yet, so feel free to make a bunch of blanket statements about those dang fat people who just won't go for a run.

it just feels good to be baselessly self-righteous sometimes. :roll:
Yes, there is an inverse relationship between income and obesity levels. However, I don't see that as an excuse for people who are obese. It would be cheaper to eat healthy foods purchased from a grocery store than to go eat at a fast food restaurant every day.

People need to stop blaming everything but themselves. Yes, it's harder than ever in today's world to stay fit but it is possible. Eat healthy and exercise. That's all it takes.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:40 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moses, you are a gentlemen and a scholar!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 11-17-2006, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So true. Your day is coming youngsters. You'll remember NJX's words when you're treadmill shopping.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is genetic in a sense that you are more likely to be obese if you have obese parents. You get genes from your parents naturally, if theyre both big heavy set people, youre more likely to be the same mold.

Now that doesn't mean that you're destined to be fat. You ultimately control your own foot intake and exercise regimen. But it is much easier for some to get fat compared to others because of the genetics. Metabolism, genes, lifestyle, it all effects your weight.

Having obese parents usually means that you grow up eating alot as well, so its a snowball effect.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think part of it is because of the culture?

In the 60's/70's everyone told their kids to go outside, play with the neighbors and run around, now everyone gets their PC/Xbox and does that,

But then again some people won't let their kids outside because it's dangerous..

But also a major thing is time. Back then it was .. do you 9-5, come home and eat, do stuff for 2-3 hours and go to bed.

Plus in this day and age, it's hard to find families that can constantly have a dinner/lunch around the same time.

When I was 13, we had 3 different dinner times and what i've been told from that is it keeps your metabolism guessing. Which since everyone is too busy to cook meals, we go the way of Microwaving and fast food.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was 5'10 and 300 lbs, after high school (From 5'9 230 my fr, so. years)

Now 2 years out of HS, i'm training at school and i'm 5'11 235 lbs and i'm faster than I was Running for Football at school.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
I was 5'10 and 300 lbs, after high school (From 5'9 230 my fr, so. years)

Now 2 years out of HS, i'm training at school and i'm 5'11 235 lbs and i'm faster than I was Running for Football at school.
What kind of regimen did you do to lose all that weight?

And do you have any suggestions for packing on muscle? I am 5 11' 175 now, I was 190 during my years of playing Safety, but Ive dropped in weight since then because of my high metabolism, but I want to reach about 220 of solid muscle since I have no need for the flexibility anymore since I don't play anymore.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:42 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ok...this is one point I'm going to make..a couple years ago I was obese...6'2 280 lbs...Both my parents were skinny and no one in my families history had a problem with obesity. Now I love my parents dearly, but my mother and father fed me whatever I wanted, and really never made e workout or exercise. I'd eat constatnly, and really was never disciplined about it until high school. Last year I noticed what a fat slob I was and I was disgusted with myself. After a Year, I now weigh 210 and have a much lower body fat percentage. An it was because I lifted, excercised and ate right and ate in moderation. THe point is my family had no history of obesity, an I was clearly obese. All it takes is elf determination and will power, thus I think parenting is one of the biggest influences on obesity, not genetics

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:25 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's more of a "monkey see, monkey do."

Young kids look up to their parents as role models, and try to emulate their personale. If their parents are obese, they see obesity as something that is OK. But when the parents are fit and thin, kids try themselves to be fit and lean.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:30 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

TIP, congrats on recognizing the situation and doing what you needed to do to lose that kind of weight. For some people, it is relatively easy to do, but others have more genetic and metabolism issues that affect their ability to make this stuff happen. The fact is, if you make an effort with your diet and excercise, you can lose weight. However, it is not necessarily a guarantee that you can lose 70 lbs or more safely and keep it off. Some people just have problems there.

I don't expect everyone to be rail thin and have washboard abs, but if someone is complaining about their body image and do nothing to safely improve their situation (as in not becoming anorexic, etc.), I have no pity for them. My father is obese, and he tried Atkins and South Beach. He didn't have the will power to make this happen, so he went to a dietician, who got him into a special hospital weight loss program. He goes to the facility at the hospital 3x a week, and he has to submit a food journal. He is limited on calories and also has to do an exercise log. He and my mom walk 2 miles after dinner each night, weather permitting, and he also does a weight lifting program at the facility. He has been doing this program for 6 weeks and has lost 20 lbs. Granted, he needs to lose another 30 at least, but he feels good and he is into the diet 100%. I am proud of him.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:04 PM    (permalink
snuff

Price of food? Come on NJX that is a lame excuse... nothing is cheaper than starving.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eating a lot makes you fat.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:47 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just did something on this in personal fitness and like 5 or 10% of people that or obese is because of genetic reasons, but the rest are just fat.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
I just did something on this in personal fitness and like 5 or 10% of people that or obese is because of genetic reasons, but the rest are just fat.
What's your reason?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote