Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Phrost
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
lol of course u cant respond
As usual, the more you post on here the more you realize these things.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In the sea of waking dreams...
Posts: 7,230
Reputation: 48966
Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm going with Thomas because he's a TTU alum... and it gets under bf's skin even though I know that #54 is the superior player.
__________________
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,268
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
So Manning decided not to be a leader until last year? Thats basically what you are saying

If you don't understand what "heart" has to do with sports then you should watch some more.
So what has Zach Thomas' "heart" gotten him to make him a better player than Urlacher? It's just a nice thing people say to tell a good story.

Rudy had a lot of heart. That didn't make him a good player. Again, this is the Doug Flutie factor, and it really has no basis in player comparisons. There's no way to judge that he has more heart than Urlacher simply because he's shorter. None.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Phrost
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
You can't measure heart, that's just ridiculous. Ok then, Urlacher wins in determination and intensity. I don't know why he does, but he does.

Mobility/Pursuit - Urlacher
Speed - Urlacher
Coverage - Urlacher
Blitzing - Urlacher
Hitting - Same
Tackling - Thomas
Playmaking - Urlacher

Those are things you can measure and point out. Thomas is a very good player, but he's not as good as Urlacher. And that's a fact.
As I stated earlier, I don't think Thomas is the better player, but give credit where credit is due.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Phrost
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
So what has Zach Thomas' "heart" gotten him to make him a better player than Urlacher? It's just a nice thing people say to tell a good story.

Rudy had a lot of heart. That didn't make him a good player. Again, this is the Doug Flutie factor, and it really has no basis in player comparisons. There's no way to judge that he has more heart than Urlacher simply because he's shorter. None.
For the third time I never said Thomas was a better player.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,268
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

He did. Thomas is a good, solid, player. That has nothing to do with the thread though.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Soldier Field
Posts: 19,366
Reputation: 71208
sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
So Manning decided not to be a leader until last year? Thats basically what you are saying

If you don't understand what "heart" has to do with sports then you should watch some more.
Wow, just wow. No one here said heart didn't matter, but you can't measure it and say well Thomas has more heart than Urlacher. Because both play with passion and determination. Trying to argue this is just stupid and pointless.
__________________


Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Soldier Field
Posts: 19,366
Reputation: 71208
sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
As I stated earlier, I don't think Thomas is the better player, but give credit where credit is due.
And I did, read my post. And I never said you thought Thomas was the better player, reese asked me to rebuttal his point and I did.
__________________


Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
reese
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
You can't measure heart, that's just ridiculous. Ok then, Urlacher wins in determination and intensity. I don't know why he does, but he does.

Mobility/Pursuit - Urlacher
Speed - Urlacher
Coverage - Urlacher
Blitzing - Urlacher
Hitting - Same
Tackling - Thomas
Playmaking - Urlacher

Those are things you can measure and point out. Thomas is a very good player, but he's not as good as Urlacher. And that's a fact.

so depsite the fact that according to you BU is better in all that stuff...he still cant seem to get to the ball like ZT does
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Phrost
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Wow, just wow. No one here said heart didn't matter, but you can't measure it and say well Thomas has more heart than Urlacher. Because both play with passion and determination. Trying to argue this is just stupid and pointless.
That is where we differ, and continuing to argue about it is stupid, which is why we will stop now unless you would rather continue.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,268
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
so depsite the fact that according to you BU is better in all that stuff...he still cant seem to get to the ball like ZT does
He's not asked to get to the ball everytime like ZT is. If you watched football and understood schemes you would figure that out. Thomas is a tackling machine. Urlacher is an everything machine. That's why your comparison is stupid.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Phrost
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
He's not asked to get to the ball everytime like ZT is. If you watched football and understood schemes you would figure that out. Thomas is a tackling machine. Urlacher is an everything machine. That's why your comparison is stupid.
Your sig is confusing, I am gonna have a sandwich.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
reese
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
He's not asked to get to the ball everytime like ZT is. If you watched football and understood schemes you would figure that out. Thomas is a tackling machine. Urlacher is an everything machine. That's why your comparison is stupid.


i played organized football from age 5 through high school and college so i doubt i have trouble understanding football and its different schemes and stratagies
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Soldier Field
Posts: 19,366
Reputation: 71208
sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
That is where we differ, and continuing to argue about it is stupid, which is why we will stop now unless you would rather continue.
You're the one who kept arguing about it. I'm going to make my point and say you're wrong, well because you are. Don't bring this up if you don't want to discuss it.

Btw tackles might be the most overrated defensive stat ever. Zach is a good player, he really is but he's not in Urlacher's class. He can't do some of the things Urlacher can.
__________________


Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 3,025
Reputation: 987
Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.
Default

Reese once you learn English your arguements and opinions might matter. Honestly, I can't understand what points you are trying to get across because your grammar is so horrible.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
reese
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Reese once you learn English your arguements and opinions might matter. Honestly, I can't understand what points you are trying to get across because your grammar is so horrible.

well the ppl that im arguin with can read them and i refuse to take the time to type everything out the right way so....
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Phrost
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Reese once you learn English your arguements and opinions might matter. Honestly, I can't understand what points you are trying to get across because your grammar is so horrible.
Truthfully.....Did you double check your this post before you posted it to make sure you didn't look like a fool when criticizing someone else for spelling.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,268
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
i played organized football from age 5 through high school and college so i doubt i have trouble understanding football and its different schemes and stratagies
You would think but no. By the way, I played just as much football (quit my sophmore year of college) so that doesn't really hold water. I know a lot of guys I played with in college that didn't understand a blitz package from their asshole.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: RAWR
Posts: 39,216
Reputation: 3772322
draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Who cares? Does that mean Marques Colsten has more heart than Marvin Harrison because he's done more than people expected him to.

It's a baseless comparison, it has no worth when comparing two players.

By the way I was wrong, the Dolphins have actually won two wild-card games but got smoked both times in the divisional round. And if you aren't judging leadership by playoff wins how are you judging it? Do you hang out in the lockeroom?
Lol, 100-10 in two years.

As for the Urlacher Thomas stuff, they are extremely different players even if they both play ILB. Thomas can stuff the run as good as if not better than any LB in the NFL. Urlacher's coverage ability is completely ridiculous though. There really isn't anything Thomas does in coverage better than Urlacher, but the only thing Urlacher might have on Thomas in the run game is sideline to sideline range, which is really a push. Block shedding, play recognition, tackling ability, all go to Thomas.

For the intangibles, I can't see how you can blame the Dolphins record on Thomas, or the defense in general. Since Thomas has been on the Dolphins the defense has been one of the best in the league. It's not his fault the offense is inept.
__________________

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,268
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
For the intangibles, I can't see how you can blame the Dolphins record on Thomas, or the defense in general. Since Thomas has been on the Dolphins the defense has been one of the best in the league. It's not his fault the offense is inept.
No it's not. But I don't see how Thomas is a better leader than Urlacher because he's shorter. If you are going to make an arbitrary judgement like that (which I don't since football is a team sport and usually people don't even know who the leader of each team really is) I would go to performance in the playoffs if nothing else.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Soldier Field
Posts: 19,366
Reputation: 71208
sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

So what are your thoughts on pass coverage, blitzing, pursuit, speed, and playmaking ability in this discussion reese?

Because it seems to me that your only argument is that Thomas had more tackles.
__________________


Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
reese
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
You're the one who kept arguing about it. I'm going to make my point and say you're wrong, well because you are. Don't bring this up if you don't want to discuss it.

Btw tackles might be the most overrated defensive stat ever. Zach is a good player, he really is but he's not in Urlacher's class. He can't do some of the things Urlacher can.

tkls is the most overrated stat ever? how can u say that? what is the defense out there to do if tackling is overrated?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Soldier Field
Posts: 19,366
Reputation: 71208
sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
tkls is the most overrated stat ever? how can u say that? what is the defense out there to do if tackling is overrated?
Because you're saying Thomas is better than Urlacher because he has more tackles. Like I said, is this your only argument? Or are you going to come up with something more.
__________________


Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
reese
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

well what else do u wanna kno...i said those other things count but makin tackles is the most important for a MLB...u keep bringing up pass coverage...ok mabe BU is a lil better then ZT in that...but thats not the most important thing for a LB...thats like sayin ud rather hav a CB that can tackle better then he can cover
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 3,025
Reputation: 987
Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
well the ppl that im arguin with can read them and i refuse to take the time to type everything out the right way so....
Nobody is going take the time to read your posts if they look like you just threw a rock at the keyboard and then clicked "Submit Reply".
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.