Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-25-2007, 08:37 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I think I could kill 4 homeless people for a beer right now.
I see your 4 homeless people and i raise you 2 prostitutes and a Canadian.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
I see your 4 homeless people and i raise you 2 prostitutes and a Canadian.
Only if he is French Canadian and at least one of the prostitutes has to be diseased.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:47 AM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Only if he is French Canadian.
Either way, there all turkey bacon **** eh?

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got the email. Everyone's allowed to leave today at 1pm. That means the beer drinking starts earlier. I can almost taste it right now.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just got the email. Everyone's allowed to leave today at 1pm. That means the beer drinking starts earlier. I can almost taste it right now.
lucky bastard.
well, have a good weekend, filled with much good beer.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
lucky bastard.
well, have a good weekend, filled with much good beer.
I will. Moving into the shore house this afternoon. First have to run by Giantsfan1080's liquor store and pick up a case of Leinie's Sunset Wheat. I'll drink one for a certain Wisconsinite.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
I will. Moving into the shore house this afternoon. First have to run by Giantsfan1080's liquor store and pick up a case of Leinie's Sunset Wheat. I'll drink one for a certain Wisconsinite.
thanks...my first beer of the long weekend isn't too far off either. i'll probably get some leinenkugel's Summer Shandy (the lemonade beer) for this weekend. if ya see any at the liquor store you're going to, i'd recommend it.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
thanks...my first beer of the long weekend isn't too far off either. i'll probably get some leinenkugel's Summer Shandy (the lemonade beer) for this weekend. if ya see any at the liquor store you're going to, i'd recommend it.
One can only pray that they have it. But it is doubtful.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

also, while we're talking about summer beers, i would NOT recommend Sam Adam's Summer Ale. it's not bad, just not much too it.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I actually like Pete's Wicked Rally Cap Ale for some reason when it comes to summer beers.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

my favorite spring beer, by far is Red Hook's Copper Hook. don't even know what to classify it as, but it is freaking awesome.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i haven't liked much of red hook's beer, i absolutely dislike their ESB.
see, i'm the opposite, i've liked everything Red Hook has done. love their 4 seasonals. and i really like the ESB. my favorite domestic ESB out there. Fuller's ESB is my overall favorite.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:10 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

hi. i like beer.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:14 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

really, i had to go to the 3rd page to dig this thread up. c'mon people. holiday weekend...i KNOW y'all drank some good beer. personally, i sold out and drank miller high life. but, c'mon.

Jughead, you around, or are you too drunk from drowning your yankee sorrows to even type?

njx9, where you at? do i have to start acting like n00b to lure you out of your cave or is there a mod signal i need to flash in the sky?

awfully quiet, you're awfully quiet lately (sorry, couldn't resist)
Old 05-30-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Scar
Rookie

Scar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I got stuck at a party at a bar where all they had was Miller Piss Water on tap. I had no choice but drink it.
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
I got stuck at a party at a bar where all they had was Miller Piss Water on tap. I had no choice but drink it.
well, if you're gonna be drinking the mass produced stuff, at least it was the good Wisconsin stuff as opposed to that crap from Missouri.

but, enough talk about big beer. back to the micros.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, if only I lived up North. You guys seem to have all the good beer. We don't have many choices at the bars down here in the South.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn. Good save, Drowe. I think what I'll do to make sure I make a consistent contribution, is make a post each day about the beer I drank the night before. I've always got plenty to say about it, so why not post some comments here.

So it finally got up towards 90 out here yesterday, and I found myself in a bit of a quandary. Besides the beers I'm aging, all I had in the fridge for immediate consumption were big beers. In a moment of divine clarity, I realized I needed a beer that matched the weather. I'm a bit burnt out on the big chewy high abv brews right now, and I wanted something I could kick back with and drink a few with ease. I needed some good old fashioned IPA's. After much debate, I decided on Avery's offering. Realizing I had yet to try their IPA, it was a no brainer. The Maharaja ranks as one of my favorite DIPA's, and their Hog Heaven is one of my favorite Barley Wines. So why not try the IPA for once, jackass? So I got a 6er and the verdict is that it is very good. Reminded me of the offering from Bridgeport, only lighter in color and slightly stronger in abv. And they both have that hint of citrus character in there. Both are definitely hoppy up front, but it's not completely in your face. I'd say the Bridgeport is slightly maltier as well. Not a lot of malt in the Avery. But yeah, the first beer I thought of when I took that first sip, was the Bridgeport IPA. So in other words, the Avery IPA is recommended. I'm glad I finally tried it, and now I'll move on and try to find another brew that I've ignored in the past.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Man, if only I lived up North. You guys seem to have all the good beer. We don't have many choices at the bars down here in the South.
Yeah that sucks. I just did a search and all I came up with was a place called "Red White & Brew." Sounds like more of a wine shop, but apparently they have the best beer selection in Hammond. Is that true?
Old 05-30-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon (out of bottles no less, feels so weird) tonight during the game. I hate to bring up mass-produced buck-a-beers in this thread but this beer deserves some respect. It's not overly-carbonated like every other cheap beer and you can actually detect a tiny bit of flavour in it.

Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Haha. Yep, PBR is definitely better than any other macro swill I've tried. If I had to choose one non-craft brew to drink for the rest of my life, it would be PBR without hesitation.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

YES. PBR gets a bad rap. people always talk about it like it's piss water, but really, it has some flavor to it. and the can just looks so great.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

well, i'm going to the brewer game on sunday, and i got excited so, i decided to make my tailgate run early. went to the liquor store and seriously scratched my head for 10 minutes trying to decide:

here were the options:

a) Flying Dog Variety 12 Pack-Flying Dog was discussed a few pages back, and the few times i've had it, i've enjoyed it. had the amber, tire bite, ipa, and a couple others.

b)Samuel Adams Summer Variety 12 Pack-the Pale Ale sounded especially good, but it seemed like a great mix of summer beers...loved their winter pack.

c) get a 6 pack of Lagunitas IPA and a 6 pack of something else-Jughead was talking up the Lagunitas and they actually had it.

d) 2 6 packs-Bell's Two Hearted and Bell's Oberon

so, after much, much, much thought, i went with the Flying Dog. can't wait to try 'em.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:52 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
YES. PBR gets a bad rap. people always talk about it like it's piss water, but really, it has some flavor to it. and the can just looks so great.
pbr. old style (yes, i do mean the lacrosse lager by CBC).
either of them.

so went to a cubs game with my friends younger brother, well. maybe my friend.
went to d'augustenos on southport and addison.
and he bought me a beer.
i said how nice.
i asked what did he buy me. he said he wouldn't tell me because i'd get mad.
i only assumed it was miller.
and. it was. i think it's very funny if you give me a beer i can tell the difference between the two. i mean, it's not hard. it's like coke vs pepsi.

i actually haven't had a beer in like a week or two. it's been too hot. i've been drinking iced teas or lemonade.

as far as red hook. i'm gonna go with njx here and say, not such the fan of what they've done. i had a six of esb sometime over the winter, wasn't impressed.

i need to get more lagers. i think i'm in a lager mood this week.
any great suggestions?

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:08 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
pbr. old style (yes, i do mean the lacrosse lager by CBC).
either of them.

so went to a cubs game with my friends younger brother, well. maybe my friend.
went to d'augustenos on southport and addison.
and he bought me a beer.
i said how nice.
i asked what did he buy me. he said he wouldn't tell me because i'd get mad.
i only assumed it was miller.
and. it was. i think it's very funny if you give me a beer i can tell the difference between the two. i mean, it's not hard. it's like coke vs pepsi.

i actually haven't had a beer in like a week or two. it's been too hot. i've been drinking iced teas or lemonade.

as far as red hook. i'm gonna go with njx here and say, not such the fan of what they've done. i had a six of esb sometime over the winter, wasn't impressed.

i need to get more lagers. i think i'm in a lager mood this week.
any great suggestions?
Who the f buys somebody a beer with the mindset that it will make that person mad? Why not just buy them a good beer? Anyway, I'm not big on lagers, but some of my favorites are Ayinger Celebrator and Thomas Hooker Doppelbocks. Maybe you've already tried them. Also, I think some good pilsners have been mentioned in this thread. Prima and Morimoto are great ones. I'm assuming that's more of what you're looking for considering the weather. I'm not much help when it comes to lagers. I'd recommend looking up reviews for what's available to you right now. Always a good place to start.