Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-18-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a big Corona drinker, but there are some days and atmospheres where it just feels right.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm not a big Corona drinker, but there are some days and atmospheres where it just feels right.
not a big fan of corona, but felt it neccasary to drink it on cinco de mayo, besides that, you'll rarley see me drinking it
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
not a big fan of corona, but felt it neccasary to drink it on cinco de mayo, besides that, you'll rarley see me drinking it
I hear ya. I had it on cinco de mayo as well. I'd never bring Corona to a party or get one at a bar. But if I show up somewhere (especially if it is outside), and everyone else is drinking a corona, I'll have a few as well.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a bar in DC called The Brickskellar. It is noted in the Guiness Book of World Records as the bar with the most different types of beer in stock and available. Here is their beer list:

http://www.thebrickskeller.net/_wsn/page3.html

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

never a corona fan myself. it's allright when it's really hot out, but even in that situation, i'd rather have a wheat beer.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corona is readily available, so I'll drink it if it's on a significant special. My standard bar in DC has $3 Corona bottles on Wednesday nights. I'll drink $3 Coronas. No problems there.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-18-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I hear ya. I had it on cinco de mayo as well. I'd never bring Corona to a party or get one at a bar. But if I show up somewhere (especially if it is outside), and everyone else is drinking a corona, I'll have a few as well.
thats probaly the best summary of what corona is.
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
There's a bar in DC called The Brickskellar. It is noted in the Guiness Book of World Records as the bar with the most different types of beer in stock and available. Here is their beer list:

http://www.thebrickskeller.net/_wsn/page3.html
Awesome thread. Lotta great beers mentioned so far. The only thing that concerns me when I see a beer list like that is freshness. Hopefully they are conscious of it and pull the weaker stuff before it goes south. Actually, hopefully they're just really busy and all of it gets consumed fresh. Looks like they carry a fair amount of stuff that will age well though. That guy in the picture owes me a beer. I bought a delirium tremens a few weeks ago and it turned out to be chock full of floaties. I was pretty pissed. Damn thing was 3 bucks for an 11.2 ouncer. So now I have to purchase another to discover the beer's true character. Although it didn't seem to be on par with Duvel from what I can tell, I'll give it one more chance.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
they're liars. they're consistently out of 90% of the beers they say they "have".
Well, at least that solves the freshness concern. haha.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

It is a really cool bar, but it is also pricy. Some of the beers on that list cost $40 apiece. They do a great job of having the beers in stock. I did a business school report on inventory systems. They have an elaborate system that tracks the more popular beers. Every 3 days, the owner runs a report about what's running low and what is selling, then he orders new stock based on the freshness, availability, and popularity of the beers. Essentially, it saves storage space and gives the customers what they need. Brilliant stuff. Huge cost saver, too.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
they're liars. they're consistently out of 90% of the beers they say they "have".
I would say they have 60-65% of the beers on their list. They do update the list now and again. Generally, they have the ones that I like to drink. All of the domestics and most of the English, Belgian, and German beers are there. That's what really matters to me.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
It is a really cool bar, but it is also pricy. Some of the beers on that list cost $40 apiece. They do a great job of having the beers in stock. I did a business school report on inventory systems. They have an elaborate system that tracks the more popular beers. Every 3 days, the owner runs a report about what's running low and what is selling, then he orders new stock based on the freshness, availability, and popularity of the beers. Essentially, it saves storage space and gives the customers what they need. Brilliant stuff. Huge cost saver, too.
Very nice. Yeah, if they've got a beer list like that it would be reasonable to assume they know how to take care of the stuff properly.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Corona is good too.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post

Corona is good too.
Every Heineken I've ever had was skunked from the light. They should use brown bottles.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, i've always disliked Heineken. maybe it tastes better outa those keg cans they have.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Talk about small independent brewers, imports, etc. Talk about major domestic breweries is unacceptable!
Just thought I'd reiterate that. Somebody can start a bmc thread if they want, but this thread is for real beer. Cheers.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

I never use the bottle, i always use the can but its may favorite
Old 05-18-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
I never use the bottle, i always use the can but its may favorite
Cool. What all have you tried? I mean, style-wise?

edit- Dude I love that sig. Been meaning to compliment you on that for awhile.

Last edited by duckseason : 05-18-2007 at 03:10 PM.
duckseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
the last time i was there (~6 months ago), me and a buddy were going down the list ordering things. every time the waitress said they didn't have it. eventually, we were just point to a page and saying, "if you have anything on this page, i'll take it." they were still missing it most of the time.

they did have most of the american stuff they said they had, but realistically, if i'm going to a place with the biggest beer selection in the world, i want to try some stuff i won't be able to get elsewhere. they failed miserably in that regard.
You know what? About 6 months ago, I did have an issue like that. They had a problem with one of their major European suppliers, who lost its license. I guess it takes a lot of time to find a distributor that can get you vastly different brands and such, so they were running low. I was there a few weeks back, and their stocks appear to have been replenished.

Old 05-18-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
I don't care if I get flamed for not drinking independent brewery ****, these are a few of my favorite beers:

...Suck it.
Blue Moon is the ****, one of my favs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not my personal favorite but really good and definately in my top 5 and only one of my favs that i didnt see mentioned so far.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that I am 21, I finally get to drink beer. Yvengling has been my best experience so far

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post

Not my personal favorite but really good and definately in my top 5 and only one of my favs that i didnt see mentioned so far.
Nice. I've never had the chance to try anything from them, but I hear a lot about them. Have you ever tried their Raspberry Tart? That seems to be the one I hear about most. Haven't really got into fruit beer/lambics yet, but I want to try that Raspberry Tart.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
i still think the best microbrews in the US are in colorado. flying dog breweries makes an EXCELLENT golden ale and a superb IPA. tommyknocker is fantastic (just about any variety). new belgium's blue paddle is one of the best pilsener's i've had. anything at breckenridge brewery is terrific, though avalanche is my favorite.
Dude. You forgot to mention Great Divide. Have you tried the Yeti or Hercules? They make an excellent barley wine as well. Old Ruffian. One of my favorite breweries. But I think San Diego takes the cake as far as best microbreweries in one area. As a state, it's gotta be California for sure. Just my opinion though.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

I agree though, njx. Colorado kills it. I hear they have a lot of great brew pubs down there too. I want to visit.