Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-18-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Now that I am 21, I finally get to drink beer. Yvengling has been my best experience so far
Yuengling is a great standby. You need to drink plenty of other stuff. I recommend going to a taphouse or brewery and having some microbrews.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm more of a hard alcohol guy personally. Beer is alright once in a while but I like hard better. Although I don't drink that much. I do really like Sam Adams though. Not a big fan of the domestics because they all taste like cat piss.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
It's called moderation and responsibility. Would you not drive a car because some people are idiots and get into car crashes?

pretty bad contrast comparing a drug to driving. I wont drink because first off im under age (lol im not 21) but even then (im sure most of you drank before 21) i have seen it change peoples behavior, personality, and character first hand. Thats something I dont want to play with. I see zero benefits from drinking......zero. Its a drug to me (which was once banned) and i could care less if its socially acceptable. So is selling drugs, smoking weed, and jacking cars where im from. Just doesnt mean its acceptable for me. If you feel you can handle it or it doesnt effect you (which is what every drinker says, regardless of if their dependant or not) then fine by me....have drinking games, drink when your depressed, and have a beer everyday. It is what it is

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
heh, i just went for some quick ones. single track is also absolutely terrific.

i like a lot of california brews, and maybe i just haven't had enough, but i've found ours tend to taste better. *shrug* that said, i love anchor steam.
Yeah, Anchor Steam is a classic. Love their porter as well, and Old Foghorn is an underrated barley wine. Other great California breweries include- Russian River, Stone, Alesmith, Port, Bear Republic, Sierra Nevada, North Coast, Green Flash, Anderson Valley, Lagunitas etc... Damn there's too many. Bunch of ones I haven't even tried yet. I recommend all the ones I listed though.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
all right, i have to ask. what the hell do you people see in sam adams? i'd rather drink key light. clearly i'm biased, but i've always wondered why people under 40 like it.
Dave Chappelle? haha. Yeah, I dunno. They are certainly the best macrobrewery we have (unless you include Sierra Nevada in that), but I don't see much but mediocrity coming from them.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Yeah, hey black, just because you drink beer doesn't mean you have to get drunk. I usually just enjoy a beer after dinner. It's actually quite healthy for you when consumed in moderation.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
caffeine is a drug that alters people's behaviour and that they use when depressed. can i safely assume you also don't drink soda, coffee or most teas?
so can prescription medecines. Still not comparable to alcohol

lol @ a father beating his children because he drank 1 too many sprites

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-18-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
so can prescription medecines. Still not comparable to alcohol

lol @ a father beating his children because he drank 1 too many sprites
Don't blame beer for dumbasses. Beer is a great thing, and it demands respect.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Cool. What all have you tried? I mean, style-wise?

edit- Dude I love that sig. Been meaning to compliment you on that for awhile.
ha thanks, ive tried everything from Sam Adams lagers to homemade stuff friends made but i have only had light beer once in my life
Old 05-18-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

lol its cool. Just not something for me. Seen it hurt too many innocent people for my liking

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-18-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
all right, i have to ask. what the hell do you people see in sam adams? i'd rather drink key light. clearly i'm biased, but i've always wondered why people under 40 like it.
I enjoy Sams in certain situations. It is not my go to, but it is enerally consistent, takes a long time to skunkify, and there is a lot of variety there. It is a solid performer and has a solid overall body and taste. Never an all-star, but never a disappointment.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-18-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
ha thanks, ive tried everything from Sam Adams lagers to homemade stuff friends made but i have only had light beer once in my life
Which was the heineken, correct?
Old 05-18-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
lol its cool. Just not something for me. Seen it hurt too many innocent people for my liking
Yeah, alcohol has greatly affected my family as well. My real dad chose it over me and my brothers. Recently died. But ignorance is to blame. Not the beer.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I like certain Sam Adams beer, and I will drink it if it's on special or offered to me at a party. It's not my favorite, but it is a solid option that never disappoints me.

Old 05-18-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Which was the heineken, correct?
god no, im sure heine light is gross i had light beer once in college and never went back again
Old 05-18-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three points. 1. I have 12 Leinenkugel Sunset Wheats in my fridge. I'm pumped.

2. Duckseason, I went to San Diego for a long weekend two years ago. Maybe I missed out their good microbrews, which ones were you referring to.

3. Anchor Steam is very good. I have to drive to this liquor store pretty far away from my house every year just to get a case of their Christmas Ale which has become standard in my house on Christmas. I'd love to try their Summer Ale but have yet to.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
i just don't think i've ever liked any of their brews. the regular one is barely palatable. it seems like the kind of thing 40+'s drink because it's like coors but with a classier name. *shrug*
I agree. There is absolutely no reason to spend money on their beers when there are so many great ones available at the same price. I give them credit for at least being creative and actually caring about the beer though. At least they don't try to sell "cold" in there beers.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Try to Sam Adam's White Ale. Its not out anymore. In fact its only around for a short period of time every year. That is probably my favorite Sam option. Out probably from late Feb to mid April.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
god no, im sure heine light is gross i had light beer once in college and never went back again
Oh. I just assumed you were referring to the heineken because it is a very light lager. I don't even consider "light beer" to be beer at all. I meant style-wise. You know? There are hundreds of styles Ale, and hundreds of styles of lagers.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
pasted from the baseball thread
yeah, i like the leine's. not my favorite wisconsin micro (see Lakefront Brewery), but very good.
-Sunset Wheat is my favorite Leine's brew and my favorite Wheat beer of all time. they hit it right on the head for that one.
-But, they just put out a new summer beer called Summer Shandy. it is beer with a lot of lemon flavoring. it is waaaaaaaaay better than i thought it'd be when i heard about it. perfectly blended summer beer. tastes like the perfect combo of beer and lemonade.
-Leine's Honeyweiss is kinda their flagship. i think they kinda sold out on it recently and are using less honey. still decent though.
-Leine's Berryweiss is another fruity wheat beer. chicks love it.
-they are now marketing the idea of mixing leine's honey and leine's berry. calling it "Leinenkugel's Honeyberry" they don't sell it specifically. the drinker needs to buy 2 6-packs and mix it on their own. it is very good. i like the sum better than both of the parts.
-Leinies Creamy Dark is exactly what it sounds like. it's worth a try, but if you want a dark beer, you can do better.
-Leines Red-GREAT red beer. my second favorite in the Leine's line.
-then theirs original and light, which I'd never buy.
Drowe, I used to respect you. However, upon learign that you think lene's sunset wheat is their best beer I may have to rethink that. That crap tastes like my seven year old sister's room/ meets frutie pebbles with all that fruity crap. Anyways, Beer is for amatures/sundays/sporting events. DRINK WHISKEY!

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Quote:
*shrug* never heard of a father beating his children just because he had one beer. i know it's not for everyone, but the people who swear it off tend to have fairly condescending reasons that either make me an alcoholic because i like the way beer tastes, or make me an abusive father/husband because i like to get drunk on occasion.
Are you impying I sound like im pointing the finger or being houlier than thou? If yall can handle it then kudos to you. Im talking about strictly for me. I dont know if I could, I see the worse examples and it scares me away. I thought I could handle sex, and became DEPENDENT on it....i'm easily hooked. Now i got a lil 1 to look after at 18. Im not sure I personally could handle it, which is why I will never try. No benefits for me, just a possibility of big trouble in the future

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-18-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Three points. 1. I have 12 Leinenkugel Sunset Wheats in my fridge. I'm pumped.

2. Duckseason, I went to San Diego for a long weekend two years ago. Maybe I missed out their good microbrews, which ones were you referring to.

3. Anchor Steam is very good. I have to drive to this liquor store pretty far away from my house every year just to get a case of their Christmas Ale which has become standard in my house on Christmas. I'd love to try their Summer Ale but have yet to.
Dude. You gotta try Alesmith, Stone, Pizza Port, and Green Flash. Those are the ones that I've tried, and they are all regarded as some of the best breweries in the country. I've loved every beer I've had from those 4. There are many others, but I haven't yet had the opportunity of trying anything from them. Here's a link I just dug up.

http://www.sandiegobrewersguild.org/Breweries.html
Old 05-18-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

speaking of beers, im outro! 2.50 for 23.5 oz budweisers.
plus black diamond steak special for dinner awesome
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Dude. You gotta try Alesmith, Stone, Pizza Port, and Green Flash. Those are the ones that I've tried, and they are all regarded as some of the best breweries in the country. I've loved every beer I've had from those 4. There are many others, but I haven't yet had the opportunity of trying anything from them. Here's a link I just dug up.

http://www.sandiegobrewersguild.org/Breweries.html
All I had there that was native to San Diego was Carl Strauss, and it was very not special. Not bad but not special. Their brewery/restaurant was the next block over from my hotel. And they seemed to have it at every bar.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

alcohol is overrated

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote