Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-21-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm heading down to the Outer Banks in North Carolina for a week starting Saturday morning. I plan on bringing down a case of Leine's Sunset Wheat with me because I'm guessing they don't have it there. I'm officially addicted.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pabst is awesome
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
wait, i'm lost. i know my favorite brewery that very few people outside of wisconsin know of (lakefront) just got brought up. but, what are you saying about it?
beerline is a barleywine from lakefront? i'm from chicago. i've gone to milwaukee and had a few brews in my time. i'm not a huge fan of beerline, but their other things are mighty tasty.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Its all about The U
Rookie

Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.Its all about The U could make a wolverine purr.

mmmmmm beer

i once had a couch made out of beer
Its all about The U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's never too early in the week to talk about beer. If this was football season it would be a huge beer night.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm playing softball tonight. Ordinarily, it would be a big beer night, but I'm going right from softball to hockey. If I wanted to puke Miller Lite, I'd drink it.

Note: I just mention Miller Lite because it's cheap, and it's what we drink on the softball field.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I'm playing softball tonight. Ordinarily, it would be a big beer night, but I'm going right from softball to hockey. If I wanted to puke Miller Lite, I'd drink it.

Note: I just mention Miller Lite because it's cheap, and it's what we drink on the softball field.
My cousin used to run the WAKA kickball league in DC. That used to be a big drinking event although I don't think they can anymore. So the chicks on the team make a crap load of Jello Shots and they try to gets as smashed as possible by eating them throughout the game.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
beerline is a barleywine from lakefront? i'm from chicago. i've gone to milwaukee and had a few brews in my time. i'm not a huge fan of beerline, but their other things are mighty tasty.
hmm...haven't been on the tour in over a year, and they only sell a few types up in green bay, so i've never heard of the barleywine. never a big barleywine fan in general anyway. new glaurus has a pretty good one. either way, you're getting +rep for knowing Lakefront.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

has anyone else tried making their own beer?

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I haven't. It seems like too much work for what most likely would be a terrible outcome.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can go to a place and have it made, at least we have one like 30 minutes away in Peoria, IL.

My grandpa made his own wine though, it was damn good too.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have a few friends who run breweries out of their respective basements. Once I actually get a place where that would be possible I plan on doing so, but I think my landlord my take issue with sticking some barrels and a pressure cooker in my closet or bathroom.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
A bunch of years ago my father got one those make your own kits for a gift. The ones where you make it in what seems like a burlap sack. It was gross. I haven't checked it out but I know there is a serious brewing store in Princeton, NJ. All sorts of flavored hops you can buy to make your own beer.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have this stuff from Toronto called Steam Whistle once every couple of months probably. It is pretty good too, and apparently stays carbonated over night which is a huge plus for all those alcoholics who drink all the day and all night and want to keep going after they wake up in their own vomit. I don't really like drinking as soon as I wake up though and have never tested the truth behind this. Maybe one day I'll try it out. It has gotten pretty big though, it is relatively new, the brewery opened in 2000. People from the GTA have probably heard the Steam Whistle adds on the radio. I don't know if they sell outside of the GTA.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Brick Brewery is my home brewery.

For financial reasons, I have to Make 'Er A Laker.

Laker is possibly the worst beer I have ever tasted. It is honestly the worst beer ever known to man. If you go for a buck a beer get Lakeport, at least it isn't as ****** as Laker. God dammit dude, never make er a laker. The jingle is catchy though, make er a laker, just a buck a beer! haha.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost View Post
Laker is possibly the worst beer I have ever tasted. It is honestly the worst beer ever known to man. If you go for a buck a beer get Lakeport, at least it isn't as ****** as Laker. God dammit dude, never make er a laker. The jingle is catchy though, make er a laker, just a buck a beer! haha.
Laker is my 2nd favourite value-brand. I hate Lakeport, almost as much as I hate Carling. Worst beer is probably Bavaria though.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost View Post
I have this stuff from Toronto called Steam Whistle once every couple of months probably. It is pretty good too, and apparently stays carbonated over night which is a huge plus for all those alcoholics who drink all the day and all night and want to keep going after they wake up in their own vomit. I don't really like drinking as soon as I wake up though and have never tested the truth behind this. Maybe one day I'll try it out. It has gotten pretty big though, it is relatively new, the brewery opened in 2000. People from the GTA have probably heard the Steam Whistle adds on the radio. I don't know if they sell outside of the GTA.
I know of Steam Whistle. Not a big fan. We actually did a case study in my business class about the business.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Eh. The only reason I say lakeport is better than laker is because it is the first beer I ever had and it went down fine. the honey is way better than the pilsner for me. the pilsner is basically water. I just hate laker for some reason.

Steam whistle is probably the only microbrew I've had understanding that it was infact from a microbrewery. I didn't even realize that Laker was a microbrew until I opened this thread.

In a year and a bit I'll probably try some more brews when I'm legal. For now I'll stick to what I know I like which is pretty much MGD, Kahlua and Captain Morgans + Coke usually. Then if I want to get wasted, whatever there is available.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've officially found my new favorite IPA.

Simply incredible. It's got a slight spiciness to it that is just wonderful.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
image/url won't load for me (not incorrect, my network sucks). what is the beer?
Speakeasy's Imperial IPA.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:24 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:39 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
hmmm. i need to find a better liqour store after this thread.

does anyone know a good place to order online? i've bought scotch online, but only because i know the bottles i want. beer seems sketchier, since so many things could affect its quality during shipment.
I've never ordered from them myself, but Liquid Solutions is very reputable among beer enthusiasts. I've heard nothing but good things about the guy who runs it. I'd imagine that the beer wouldn't suffer any more harm than it does on it's way to your local monger. Most stores don't even treat beer with due respect. It always angers me when I walk into a store to find a big display of quality craft beer sitting on an endcap underneath the fluorescent lighting, while BMC enjoys a comfy spot in the cooler. To find out that most all stores don't keep their back stock refrigerated is equally aggravating. To pick up a bottle of beer and realize it's shelf life ended a month ago is another all too common occurrence. I've considered printing up a newsletter outlining proper beer handling, and sending it to all the stores in my area.

Anyway, I guess my point is that the beer lover who runs LS knows how to handle beer, so you'll likely receive a better product than you would at your average grocer. The temporary time spent at higher than ideal temperature during the beer's rocky journey won't have a significant impact on it's quality. They use styro-shippers, so you don't have to worry about breakage. The other great thing about LS is that they carry a ton of great beers. If it's an awesome beer, and they can get their hands on it, they get it. Just be prepared to pay a little extra for shipping, and I hear the wait could be as long as 2 weeks. Might be a good idea to call and make sure they have all the beers you want. The guy's name is Matt Maples.

http://www.liquidsolutions.biz/main/
Old 05-22-2007, 03:47 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For all you Imperial IPA lovers, be sure to try the Yulesmith Holiday Ale from Alesmith. It will be on shelves July 4th. This beer comes out twice a year (christmas as well) and is highly coveted among beer geeks. So it won't last long. I plan to get a case and drink it over the summer. Well worth it for sure. Kinda sucks though because it comes out 3 days before the vertical epic, and I need a case of that too. Anybody have a fridge for sale? Anyway it's an excellent beer, and the summer variation is slightly better than the winter, IMO. Just thought I'd give the early heads up.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:56 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hey Duckseason, you at all familiar with Sudwerk's Dopple Bock?
Old 05-22-2007, 04:07 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Hey Duckseason, you at all familiar with Sudwerk's Dopple Bock?
Nope, haven't seen that up here. But I just looked it up and it sounds like something I'd love to try. Says it's a winter release. I'll keep my eye out for it, assuming you're recommending it right now. Haven't tried a ton of doppelbocks, but I love the style. My favorite is still the classic Celebrator from Ayinger. We need more German beers on the shelves. All the breweries seem to be big into Belgian's right now. I want more Rauchbier and Doppelbocks damnit!