Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
RonMexico

Default FanNation ranks the 32 starting QB's

I saw this

http://fannation.com/blogs/post/14552?cnn=yes

and it was a terrible list imo. I cant believe that Vick and Romo are so high.

Also how can they possibly say that Jon Kitna and Alex Smith are better then Eli Manning. People really underrate Eli Manning. Trent Green also got disrespected pretty bad. he was very good outside last year. Here's my list

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Carson Palmer
5. Donovan McNabb
6. Marc Bulger
7. Matt Hasselbeck
8. Ben Roethlisberger
9. Jay Cutler
10. Brett Favre
11. Eli Manning
12. Philip Rivers
13. Chad Pennington
14. Vince Young
15. Matt Leinart
16. Michael Vick
17. Tony Romo
18. Trent Green (assuming he's a Dolphin)
19. Steve McNair
20. Alex Smith
21. Jason Campbell
22. Jake Delhomme
23. Jeff Garcia
24. J.P. Losman
25. Byron Leftwich
26. Rex Grossman
27. Jon Kitna
28. Matt Schaub
29. Damon Huard
30. Charlie Frye
31. Tarvaris Jackson
32. Josh McCown

what do you think?
Old 05-18-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first seven of your list are fine, the rest of it is weak. His list is much better, in my opinion.

Last edited by Shiver : 05-18-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli Manning shouldn't be that high on the list.

The whole list is bad overall

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
Eli Manning shouldn't be on the list.

fixed it for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
RonMexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
Eli Manning shouldn't be that high on the list.

on mine or his?

he's a young but proven QB who made the postseason 2 years in a row. And he actually throws the ball a lot and produces. Thats why I have him where I do.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DAMON HUARD #29 WTFFFFFFFFFFFF.

If he isin't top 10 then I don't know who is certainly not that bummm Carson Palmer! Switch Eli Manning and Damon Huard then it is a perfect list. lol
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can Jay Cutler be ranked Higher than Favre. And Call me a Homer But Tarvaris Jackson is better than Fyre.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both lists are pretty bad to me, i just dont like either one of them once you get into the middle numbers.
21ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losman a bottom 5 starter in the league? That seems a little ridiculous to me.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
DAMON HUARD #29 WTFFFFFFFFFFFF.

If he isin't top 10 then I don't know who is certainly not that bummm Carson Palmer! Switch Eli Manning and Damon Huard then it is a perfect list. lol
I'm a huge Chiefs fan but Huard is not a top ten QB not even close and Palmer is the 3rd best QB in the NFL right now take your pick Brady or Peyton first but I have Palmer 3rd.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I'm a huge Chiefs fan but Huard is not a top ten QB not even close and Palmer is the 3rd best QB in the NFL right now take your pick Brady or Peyton first but I have Palmer 3rd.
im 100 percent sure that was sarcasm, Splat.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 05-18-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
im 100 percent sure that was sarcasm, Splat.
It would not be the first time a Chiefs fan said something like that and meant it we have some of the biggest homer fans in the NFL.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
It would not be the first time a Chiefs fan said something like that and meant it we have some of the biggest homer fans in the NFL.
your right. youre right underneath NFC East fans.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 05-18-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how are Leinart, Cutler and VY ranked so high ? I mean come on they havent even started a full season yet

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like either list so I figured I'd give this a crack.

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Carson Palmer
4. Drew Brees
5. Donovan McNabb
6. Marc Bulger
7. Matt Hasselbeck
8. Philip Rivers
9. Ben Roethlisberger
10. Steve McNair
11. Jake Delhomme
12. Jay Cutler
13. Michael Vick
14. Alex Smith
15. Tony Romo
16. Brett Favre
17. Trent Green (again, assuming he ends up starting for Miami)
18. JP Losman
19. Vince Young
20. Chad Pennington
21. Damon Huard
22. Jeff Garcia
23. Matt Leinart
24. Eli Manning
25. Jon Kitna
26. Jason Campbell
27. Byron Leftwich
28. Rex Grossman
29. Josh McCown
30. Matt Schaub
31. Tavaris Jackson
32. Charlie Frye
Old 05-18-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright why doesnt someone explain to me how Alex Smith is better then Eli Manning?

Its ridiculous to say that, yet you clowns truly think that is true.

Eli Manning should in no way be below #20 on anyones list.... thats proposturious
Old 05-18-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Alright why doesnt someone explain to me how Alex Smith is better then Eli Manning?

Eli Manning should in no way be below #20 on anyones list.... thats proposturious
I just like Smith more. He did just as well with far less last year than Eli.
Bengals1690
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post

where would you rank him, GRF?

Quote:
who dey?
Phrost

I think Big Ben is overrated. It will become evident that he depends on a GREAT running game and supporting cast.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cutler definatly doesnt deserve #9 yet
funny list
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
cutler definatly doesnt deserve #9 yet
funny list
INSAINEITY!!(In connection to your sig, I am from C-Bus and my HS played Brandon...he raped us)

Anyways about Cutler. WAY too high, it is funny though.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clearly the top 3 are no brainers - Manning, Brady and Palmer, Brees is probably a clear no.4 so the real question is who is 5-10 ?

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan View Post
Clearly the top 3 are no brainers - Manning, Brady and Palmer, Brees is probably a clear no.4 so the real question is who is 5-10 ?
I agree, Palmer>Brees, for now.

As for 5-10

McNabb
Bulger
Wow the QB talent depth in the NFL is garbage!
Old 05-18-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Eli Manning at #11 and above Rivers. :)

Very nice, happy times.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Eli Manning at #11 and above Rivers. :)

Very nice, happy times.
TRON GUY!!!!1!

LMAO!

http://www.tronguy.net/