Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 05-20-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.
Default Justin Miller in trouble

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2876896

this is our first major off the field issue of the Mangini era- I hope it's not too bad tho.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im not too concerned about the incident itself. sounds like a small scuffle gone a little bad. i want to know what the details are on the chase they mention though.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't seem like a huge deal but I do have some questions. First of all, why was he swinging at a guy? At least he wasn't swinging at the girl, but swinging itself would've gotten him in trouble anyway. And why was there the chase? Plus as much as this isn't a huge deal, you know Mangini will be really pissed, I hope he doesn't end up in the doghouse he's an amazing return man...
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Vilma the Animal
Veteran

Vilma the Animal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There may be a suspension coming from Goodell because of the new conduct policy. Do you think so, and if so how long do you think it might possibly be? And also who would take KR duties for him, did Revis KR or only PR?

DChess...youre the man!
Vilma the Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if there's a suspension it'll be really short. As far as the KR, maybe Stuckey can take over. It could be interesting to give Brad Smith a shot as well he can do some things with the ball. I don't think Revis was a KR in college though.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

considering chris henry got 8 games for give 17 year olds drinks and getting arrested 5 times Id say with no priors if they suspend him it will be one game.

It looks a lot worse than it is. He accidentally hit a woman after swinging at a man who insulted his mother (family) He could be reprimanded more because the police chased him down in a car (I think he was running) but they didnt charge him with resisting arrest so I dont know how this factors in. I'm going to say at most 2 reg season games if the chase was a big deal or a mistake on millers part. Realistically it'll be a couple of preseason games without poay or opening day along with a hefty fine.

He gets in a lot of scraps ont he field and talks a lot of ish to guys he's jams so I hope Goodell doesn't look at that and say he's a has a history of altercations. (He has one 15 yard penalty for game misconduct (fighting after a play and swinging at a WR but he has others he wasnt penalized on: under mangini's tenure)

It's okay for 2 games at most he's our KR and nickel back we did fine with #2 cb by commision last year so replacing him might not be too hard for 2 games (but we might need all the help we ca get in game 1 vs Pats and game 2 vs Ravens). Seeing as how Adrian Jones was retained by the Jets after a DUI a while back, I think the Jets will be willing to forgive once and forget if nothing happens with that player EVER AGAIN.

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

According to the Daily News the girl Justin Miller hit was an aid for Presidential Candidate, Barack Obama. Uh Oh. Does this have any bearing as to how he might be punished? Goodell said at the spring meeting a couple of days ago, if you tarnish the NFLs reputation I'm here to protect it, not the police, ME.
Thoughts?

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote