Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-19-2006, 11:54 AM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland31
We beat Michigan.....give me a new team to beat.

Michigans just lucky there was 3 turnovers giving them great field position or this game would have been won by 3 TD's.
And thats OSU's fault. You messed up, thats why the games are played. How do you know it wouldn't happen again. Don't make excuses, Mental mistakes are part of the game

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:15 PM    (permalink
ChazMonk
Rookie

ChazMonk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Arkansas can hang with the Buckeyes, and maybe even beat them.

The rest of that list, I'm not as sure (yesterday's UM-tOSU game wasn't as close as the 3-pt margin would indicate).
No offense, and I don't mean to come off as some arrogant OSU fan (I know, too late right?), and not just to pick on Arkansas, but who has the defense to actually hang with OSU? That would be no one. UM is clearly the #2 team in the country, with an outstanding D, but we scored 42 on them, even with 3 turnovers.

So, quite honestly, I don't see anyone outside of USC hanging with them. (and no, I don't think UM should be in the championship game, they didn't win their conf.) And, Arkansas would get killed. Yes, anything can happen on any day, but let's be realistic, we will not get a USC/TEXAS match-up like last year. So, I say USC.
ChazMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:21 PM    (permalink

Michigan had their chance at the #1 team in the country, and failed, now give another team a shot to try and prove themselves!

USC is that team IMO.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:26 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Michigan had their chance at the #1 team in the country, and failed, now give another team a shot to try and prove themselves!

USC is that team IMO.
I'll say it again, you're just scared of Michigan because you know that they could very easily beat you.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink

Quote:
I'll say it again, you're just scared of Michigan because you know that they could very easily beat you.
Why am I scared of UM???? Im just a poster, the OSU players allready proved there not scared and that there better so give them a new challenge.

PS - in major league baseball you get another chance, not college football.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:30 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Why am I scared of UM???? Im just a poster, the OSU players allready proved there not scared and that there better so give them a new challenge.

PS - in major league baseball you get another chance, not college football.
Are you illiterate? Beating a team in one game does not necesarily mean you are the better team or even that you played better in that game.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:33 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Are you illiterate? Beating a team in one game does not necesarily mean you are the better team or even that you played better in that game.
What are you saying then? Michigan is better? i thought we solved this Saturday. You might have missed it, but the Bucks won. And after a win you play the next team, not the same one!

I cant help you not being able to understand this concept.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:36 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
What are you saying then? Michigan is better? i thought we solved this Saturday. You might have missed it, but the Bucks won. And after a win you play the next team, not the same one!

I cant help you not being able to understand this concept.
Did I say that? No. Last time I checked, the Michigan/OSU game wasn't part of a tournament, so no you don't just "move on." Michigan and OSU are the two best teams in the NCAA and the two best teams should play for the title. Plain and simple.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:38 PM    (permalink

Quote:
the two best teams should play for the title. Plain and simple.
Before the game you could make that case, but after Michigan lost, where is the proof that they are better than USC??? You can assume, but you know what that means!!!

USC has beaten Arkansas, a top 5 team, and get to play ND just like scUM did. If they win out its a done deal who OSU gets to play, so why argue?
Old 11-21-2006, 05:39 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
the two best teams should play for the title. Plain and simple.
Before the game you could make that case, but after Michigan lost, where is the proof that they are better than USC??? You can assume, but you know what that means!!!

USC has beaten Arkansas, a top 5 team, and get to play ND just like scUM did. If they win out its a done deal who OSU gets to play, so why argue?
When USC beat Arkansas they were a completely different team. They weren't nearly as good as they are now and Darren McFadden, the most important player to the team, played at less than 50% health. It's not like they just beat them last week.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:40 PM    (permalink

I can gaurantee ND is alot better now, then at the beginning of the season, but does it matter? NO
Old 11-21-2006, 05:43 PM    (permalink

Quote:
I can gaurantee ND is alot better now, then at the beginning of the season, but does it matter? NO
Actually, no they're not. They're pretty much the same, they just look better because they've been playing crap teams. Also, UM didn't play them without Brady Quinn.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:44 PM    (permalink

Can we agree that if USC wins out, they get to play OSU, cause its basically a fact by now, and if you have a hard time coping with it im sorry.

You cant say Michigan didnt have their chance cause they did.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:45 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Can we agree that if USC wins out, they get to play OSU, cause its basically a fact by now, and if you have a hard time coping with it im sorry.

You cant say Michigan didnt have their chance cause they did.
That's how it is but I don't agree with it. I guarantee you that if the situation was reversed, you would be bitching and begging for a rematch.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:47 PM    (permalink

Quote:
That's how it is but I don't agree with it. I guarantee you that if the situation was reversed, you would be bitching and begging for a rematch.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:49 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Again, beating a team in one game doesn't necessarily make you the better team. I think that UM and OSU are on the same level and it is completely logical to believe that one is better than the other. But you find it hard to believe this since you think this OSU team is the best team ever!!!1!!!1
Old 11-21-2006, 05:50 PM    (permalink
MagnumGator
Veteran

MagnumGator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Actually, no they're not. They're pretty much the same, they just look better because they've been playing crap teams. Also, UM didn't play them without Brady Quinn.
Yeah. Notre Dame is still the same team.
MagnumGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:52 PM    (permalink

Quote:
But you find it hard to believe this since you think this OSU team is the best team ever!!!1!!!1
Please only use quotes from me and not insinuations. I never said that.

What if Michigan wins, what does it prove then? That makes things an even bigger and uncontrolable mess. USC deserves a shot now if they win out. I love this years Michigan team, they are great, but they lost, and its only fair to other teams that hey get a chance now.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:53 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
But you find it hard to believe this since you think this OSU team is the best team ever!!!1!!!1
Please only use quotes from me and not insinuations. I never said that.

What if Michigan wins, what does it prove then? That makes things an even bigger and uncontrolable mess. USC deserves a shot now if they win out. I love this years Michigan team, they are great, but they lost, and its only fair to other teams that hey get a chance now.
If Michigan had won it doesn't prove anything, except to OSU fans like yourself that they're not miles ahead of Michigan.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:55 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC lost to an unranked team, Michigan lost to the #1 team by 3 points. I understand where you are coming from, but Michigan deserves to stay at number 2. The timing of the loss shouldnt matter. Of all the one loss teams, Michigans loss was:
1. To the best team
2. They looked the most impressive.

Personally, I think Wisconsin could beat them, now hear me out. Obviously they don't deserve a shot, but OSU/Wisconsin is always a good game(at least since Alverez got there.)
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:56 PM    (permalink

Quote:
If Michigan had won it doesn't prove anything, except to OSU fans like yourself that they're not miles ahead of Michigan.
Thats not why the national championship is played. It is played to find the best team in the country. if UM wins then it doesnt prove who is best in the country. Therefore we cannot play them. We WILL play USC, mark it down.
JDRaymond

Razorbacks deserve more respect, i think they will win out and if they do they deserve a shot at OSU for the national title. It would be sweet to see the razorbacks win a title and upset OSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
USC lost to an unranked team, Michigan lost to the #1 team by 3 points. I understand where you are coming from, but Michigan deserves to stay at number 2. The timing of the loss shouldnt matter. Of all the one loss teams, Michigans loss was:
1. To the best team
2. They looked the most impressive.

Personally, I think Wisconsin could beat them, now hear me out. Obviously they don't deserve a shot, but OSU/Wisconsin is always a good game(at least since Alverez got there.)
I think that every team in the top 10 could beat OSU. Michigan is the team that has the best shot and I never really thought about OSU/Wisconsin but you're right, that would be a very good game.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:57 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Thats not why the national championship is played. It is played to find the best team in the country. if UM wins then it doesnt prove who is best in the country. Therefore we cannot play them. We WILL play USC, mark it down.
How would Michigan winning not prove them as the best team in the NCAA? Because OSU can't beat them away from home?
Old 11-21-2006, 05:57 PM    (permalink

Quote:
I think that every team in the top 10 could beat OSU
Now you just seem like you have a jealous grudge against tOSU. I cant argue with a guy that honestly thinks this.