Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-21-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Nintendo Wii Thread

I got a Wii in February, and I think it's a fantastic game system. I really like the games I've gotten. Are there any other users out there? Let's discuss games that our out, must-buys, must-rents, etc. Proceed!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...i want one
Old 05-21-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all they have for games is like pokemon and mario right? (excuse the ignorance if not so)....does it have any real games? (sports..)

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, that's not the case. They have plenty of kiddy games, but they also have more adult themed games (Godfather, Splinter Cell, etc.). They're working hard on sports stuff. The system has natural appeal to baseball, fighting, golf, shooting, and tennis sports games. The game developers have done a great job using the controllers, in most cases. I would argue that the system has something for everyone. I'm 27, and I have a ton of fun with all of the games that I have tried.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-21-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im still savin up for my ps3.....but i'd def like to hear more bout it (in case i wanted to get 1 later)

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-21-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
im still savin up for my ps3.....but i'd def like to hear more bout it (in case i wanted to get 1 later)
Never buy a PS3, it's not worth the money at all. Where's frogstomp when you need him?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

PS3 and XBox 360 have a lot of great games. They are traditional style games with the usual controls and such. Nintendo decided to do something completely different with the Wii. You use your own motions and such to control the action in these games. In some cases, you actually break a sweat playing. It is a unique experience. Takes some getting used to, but I can't go back to regular video games now. I find the Wii much more stimulating.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Yes, PS3 costs twice what the Wii does, but you also get a Blue Ray DVD player along with it. The graphics are much better, and I'm sure the games will be fantastic. You do have to lay out a chunk of change to get the system.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Yes, PS3 costs twice what the Wii does, but you also get a Blue Ray DVD player along with it. The graphics are much better, and I'm sure the games will be fantastic. You do have to lay out a chunk of change to get the system.
Blu Ray might not even last, it's not worth the investment.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-21-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I cannot argue with it, but I'm not going to bash PS3 in the Wii thread. Let's keep on target here because I really would like to get feedback on new games to buy.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Never buy a PS3, it's not worth the money at all. Where's frogstomp when you need him?
been a Sony dude since i was knee high. I gots to continue with it, although im sure i wont be buying one till next summer. I got bills and stuff so my ps2 will do for now. But when i do step up to the next Gen, it will be for a ps3. By then im sure the games will be mathing the graphics. Im sure ps3 is gettin a bad rep now, but its been less than a year. The games will get better, the deveopers will do a better job, and it will be worth the purchase IMHO.Im hopinh the price does drop by next summer though

i wanna see before i put it on laleway (sp?) lol

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-21-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I cannot argue with it, but I'm not going to bash PS3 in the Wii thread. Let's keep on target here because I really would like to get feedback on new games to buy.
yeah i wana hearr more abouyt the wii. What games do u currelty have?

oh and exucse all spelling mistakes, grammar and my shorthand way of typin rite now, i got a baby in my lap si im tyipin with 1 hand basically :(

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-21-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

The best Wii games are all the classic series' from past generations:

Zelda, Pokemon, Wario, Mario Party, Animal Crossing, Super Smash Bros, etc.

There will be/were new and creative extensions to all of those games on the Wii. I'm tempted to buy one because Nintendo games are my favourite and the sports games would be intriguing as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-21-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

can someone post a pciture of the controller and explain it? like its motion sensored right? that whole concept is intriguing but still kind of mind boguling...

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 05-21-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bought a Wii as soon as they came out and the luster it had the first few months has worn off, however that can be attributed to my lack of money to buy new games. (stupid gas) I have Madden and Zelda, both of which I enjoyed a lot. Madden became boring after a while though, however I still play Zelda quite often although I've beat the game. It is simply the best game I have ever played. Bsaza, if you don't have it yet, you need to get it. It will take about 50 hours to complete, but I wish it was even longer.

Also, has anyone heard of Guitar Hero 3 coming out for the Wii?
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
yeah i wana hearr more abouyt the wii. What games do u currelty have?

oh and exucse all spelling mistakes, grammar and my shorthand way of typin rite now, i got a baby in my lap si im tyipin with 1 hand basically :(
Hello, -black jr! haha.

I have Zelda, Godfather, the Wii Sports game (came with the system), Wii Play (mini game game), and Rayman's Raving Rabids.

Zelda is amazing and fantastic. I'm presently obsessed with the Godfather game, which is a ton of fun. Lots of cursing and such. The mini games that come with the system are pretty fun. The graphics are poor, but they're amusing and get you off the couch.

Rayman has been around a bunch of other systems. This was one of the first games out there to really use the Wii controls to their fullest. One of the most fun games I've played. Basically, a bunch of evil bunnies take over his planet, and he has to do all kinds of silly little games in a gladiator-style arena to get free.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
bsaza: where'd you get yours? i've been looking forever. my house tends to be the pore/post-party house, and i've been figuring a Wii would be fairly entertaining when drinking. but no one here has any available.
My gf's mom called up all of the stores that carry it and found out when they were getting deliveries. On the day of the delivery, she showed up right as the store opened and made the buy.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
I bought a Wii as soon as they came out and the luster it had the first few months has worn off, however that can be attributed to my lack of money to buy new games. (stupid gas) I have Madden and Zelda, both of which I enjoyed a lot. Madden became boring after a while though, however I still play Zelda quite often although I've beat the game. It is simply the best game I have ever played. Bsaza, if you don't have it yet, you need to get it. It will take about 50 hours to complete, but I wish it was even longer.

Also, has anyone heard of Guitar Hero 3 coming out for the Wii?
Zelda is awesome. I love the Godfather, though. You can do things in whatever order you want in that game. Everything is interactive. I recommend it highly. I've played it for 26 hours, and I'm only 40% through the game.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Games coming out for the Wii that I really want:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The new Mario (not close to release yet)
Mario Tennis (not announced)
MarioKart (not announced)

I'm going to keep an open mind and rent games to make sure they're good before I invest the $50. I'd much rather rent than get a big dud.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ok, so same stuff i'd have to do here. dang, i keep hoping i'll be able to pre-order something off best buy.
Not worth it. I recommend going to the Wal-Mart, K-Mart, or Target and finding out when they get their shipments in, then showing up. I think the prices are also going down on ebay.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Games coming out for the Wii that I really want:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
The new Mario (not close to release yet)
Mario Tennis (not announced)
MarioKart (not announced)

I'm going to keep an open mind and rent games to make sure they're good before I invest the $50. I'd much rather rent than get a big dud.
Super Smash Bros definitely, along with Super Mario Galaxy. I didn't really like tennis in wii sports so ill pass on mario tennis but there's no way I'm not getting MarioKart. Also, I think RE4 is coming out for Wii, which I will have to get. Man, I am going to be broke.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Ha. I agree. They're doing a really good job of releasing a limited number of games, but each one works will with the system.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ha. I agree. They're doing a really good job of releasing a limited number of games, but each one works will with the system.
How long did it take you to beat Zelda? Also, how big did you get your wallet to be? Because I only got mine to 600 and I don't know how to make it bigger...
Old 05-21-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/s...usives;title;1

Preview of Super Mario Galaxy (very tentative info).

Old 05-21-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
How long did it take you to beat Zelda? Also, how big did you get your wallet to be? Because I only got mine to 600 and I don't know how to make it bigger...
I'm on Zelda hiatus about 12 hours in. My housemate beat the game in 54 hours.