Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-21-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I'm on Zelda hiatus about 12 hours in. My housemate beat the game in 54 hours.
Ah yes, the wall. I hit it about 20 hours in and didn't play for 2 months but when I started again the game was even better. Took me 56 hours to beat it, but I now have about 70 hours of playing time on it. I think I'm going to get the Godfather after reading what you said about it.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Godfather pros: Character customization (you design what your guy looks like), lots of weapons, free form world (do what you want and do missions in certain order), follows the plot of the movies very well.

Cons: Some repetition in terms of the racketeering, floor plans are similar, graphics can get a bit testy.

Overall, I consider it a lot of fun.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Its got to be hard to hold your head up high when your talking to someone and saying "I'm playing Twilight Princess on my Wii."

Last edited by AlexDown : 05-21-2007 at 12:49 PM.
AlexDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone played super paper mario? or is it even out yet

i had it on n64 and i really liked it, and from what i saw in the commercial it looked sweet

and how about metal of honor, how do you use the controller on it?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super Paper Mario is out, and it got great reviews. I think it actually got better reviews than Zelda did on Gamespot. I've heard good things, but it's a little kid-like for my tastes.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-21-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pfff mario is the ****, i got my snes hooked up and i've been playing that and nba jam te all the time

Old 05-21-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

You can actually download old NES, SNES, arcade, and N64 games right onto the Wii if you want. Part of the fun.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't played any wii games besides wii sports. Wii tennis pwns.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have one. It's a very nice game system. The Wii Sports is great for groups of people, and it's still fun playing the com. The games are pretty cool, especially the new Zelda game. Great system.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Its got to be hard to hold your head up high when your talking to someone and saying "I'm playing Twilight Princess on my Wii."
Lol, I don't care that game is fun as hell.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gots one. Very fun. I have Zelda and Madden, but I regretted the Madden buy because I had the Gamecube one and it was unnecessary to have the next edition.

I hit the Zelda wall, and for some reason waited nearly two months until I finally got the strategy guide and got through the wall. I admittedly use the strategy guide way too much for my liking, but the game is still fun. I'm something like a little more than half-way thru.

I want to the get Paper Mario eventually, as well as Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros. Yeah, I'm a Mario buff.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
I gots one. Very fun. I have Zelda and Madden, but I regretted the Madden buy because I had the Gamecube one and it was unnecessary to have the next edition.

I hit the Zelda wall, and for some reason waited nearly two months until I finally got the strategy guide and got through the wall. I admittedly use the strategy guide way too much for my liking, but the game is still fun. I'm something like a little more than half-way thru.

I want to the get Paper Mario eventually, as well as Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros. Yeah, I'm a Mario buff.
Galaxy and Smash Bros look ill, but whats so good about the zelda game?
jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a damn Wii, and I can't find one anywhere.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Galaxy and Smash Bros look ill, but whats so good about the zelda game?
Great depth, fun controls, good story, and it's Zelda.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-21-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I want a damn Wii, and I can't find one anywhere.
I had trouble finding it, too. I went to the local EB Games for about a month, and whenever they had it I guessed it missed it. Then the guy there said that since I was so persistent, he'd hold one for me (technically not allowed to) when they came it next.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-21-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I can find are a few bundles online that come to $500+ when it's all over with.. There are quite a few games I want to check out for the Wii.. and hopefully they release Animal Crossing for it sometime soon.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

I have Zelda, Madden, Wii Sports, NFS Carbon, Excite Truck Rampage and Tony Hawk. I ifnd the games like Excite Truck, Carbon and Tony Hawk can be tough at times because the turning is VERY sensitive. I loved Madden, and I hope they come out with Fight Night on Wii. I would love that. I could honestly play Wii Sports all the time. I actually never played Rampage. Zelda is a sick game, took me almost 60 hours to beat. I like the Wii.

Also, does anyone know of any new channels coming out, what they are and when they are coming out? I havent updated my Wii since the interent channel came out. I think the shopping channel is also up. Anything else?
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madden for Wii blows.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
Madden for Wii blows.
i want them to make it so you can hold it like a football near your ear and when you want to pass you throw your arm forward in a throwing motion, that'd be pretty cool.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fight night on wii would be insane, it would be a definite work out

Old 05-21-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

Super Paper Mario is badass.
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Belish
Rookie

Belish hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I got a Wii back in April. An EB near where my dad works was taking getting in 5 or so a day and if you called in early enough they put you on a waiting list (though they're not supposed to)

You absolutely HAVE to buy Wario Ware: Smooth Moves. It uses the Wii controller perfectly, and it's a simple pick up and play game. The game tells you how to hold the controller (i.e. it tells you to do 'the Janitor', you hold it like a broom. If it tells you to do 'the Dumbell', you hold it like a dumbell, etc.) and then there's a 5 second minigame. It gives you one or two word instructions and you just do what it tells you. If it tells you to 'the Janitor' for example, one of the games says 'Sweep' and there's a little guy with a broom with some leaves in front of him. You do a sweeping motion with the controller until you clear the leaves. There's about 200 minigames like that.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario Party 8 comes out in 8 days. Can I trade my 360 for a Wii?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anybody have Wii Play? And if so, how is it? Would you recommend buying it?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Mario Party 8 comes out in 8 days. Can I trade my 360 for a Wii?
Yeah, I'll do it.