Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-28-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belish View Post
I finally beat Twilight Princess after a 4-month hiatus. 33 hours. The final boss battle was crazy.

Problem is that I have nothing to play now until Super Smash Bros comes out.
Pick up a game tomorrow. Mario Party and Mortal Kombat come out.
jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap only 33 hours! Anyways, I have decided to buy Mario Party instead of Mortal Kombat tomorrow. They won't be sold out, willl they?
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Holy crap only 33 hours! Anyways, I have decided to buy Mario Party instead of Mortal Kombat tomorrow. They won't be sold out, willl they?
i dont know, more people are getting wii's but i dont think it will be sold out tomorrow. give a review if you get it tomorrow.
anyone play SSX Blur yet?
Old 05-28-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
No? I was just saying how great the last battle is. Not too easy, not too hard.
Actually, I had to repeat one dungoen. It was the one I had a problem with; I think you helped me with it.

Yeah, it was pretty good. But I kinda got stumped at the sword fight. At that point when it tells you "Chance (A)", and I pressed "A", I jumped instead of locking swords. 20+ hearts and minutes later, I realized that I had to be standing still when I pressed "A", because you will jump if you press "A" while moving.

Speaking of difficulty, I thought Zant was kinda easy, at least for being one of the main baddies. It was cool how you went "around the world," though.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Zant was kind of easy, I like how they brought in Ganondorf in the end, he was a cooler villain.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

i'm excited for Smackdown vs. Raw (ECW INVASION) 2008 on the wii.
completely different controls from the 360 version and potential to be legit for sure.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/777/777258p1.html
Old 05-29-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if someone has already posted that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV7IXrNwW-s

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:08 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
been a Sony dude since i was knee high. I gots to continue with it, although im sure i wont be buying one till next summer. I got bills and stuff so my ps2 will do for now. But when i do step up to the next Gen, it will be for a ps3. By then im sure the games will be mathing the graphics. Im sure ps3 is gettin a bad rep now, but its been less than a year. The games will get better, the deveopers will do a better job, and it will be worth the purchase IMHO.Im hopinh the price does drop by next summer though

i wanna see before i put it on laleway (sp?) lol
Yep. Everyone remember when XBox flopped with the last generation of consoles? It was PS2 followed closely by GameCube actually and XBox was far, far behind. It was dead. But a lone game kept it hanging around--Halo. For the first 2 years XBox was sustained solely on Halo until finally Microsoft got some more good games for the system and it shot up while GameCube mucked around in the mud.

Believe me, I am not an XBox or PS enthusiast, I don't have any real biases, but as a history lesson, the first year is not always indicative of the end result.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
i dont know, more people are getting wii's but i dont think it will be sold out tomorrow. give a review if you get it tomorrow.
anyone play SSX Blur yet?
I got it but only have played it a few hours so far and am not impressed. There is a ton of mini-games but so far only about 4 out of 10 or so that I've played have been fun. The ones that are fun are always the most simple ones, the difficult ones are unresponsive at times. From what I've seen so far the game isn't even close to taking full advantage of the wiimote. But I still love the game because I am a fan of Mario Party's, although I have had a few second thoughts about buying it...

Overall, if you're a Mario Party fan, get it, if not buy something else.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never done Mario Party. Is MP8 with the $50?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Godfather pros: Character customization (you design what your guy looks like), lots of weapons, free form world (do what you want and do missions in certain order),
This is what I was hoping for in Assassin. A free form world is all we got... Assassin looks like an amazing game, but it probably could be 10 times better if it had character customization (Make your own assassin--who doesn't want to be able to do that?) and a larger variety of weapons for your assassin to choose from.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Assassin the game where you have to sneak in and kill people in grizzly ways while avoiding being spotted and evading the police?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-31-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I've never done Mario Party. Is MP8 with the $50?
? Is MP8 with the $50? Its 50 bucks if thats what you mean.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I've never purchased Mario Party anything. Is it worth the money?

Old 05-31-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

njx, Mario Party 8 got an extremely high rating from IGN and Gamespot. Is it possible that the Wii version is much better than the prior releases?

Old 05-31-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i can't imagine how. the premise is just not entertaining (at least in the past). you go around a game board playing weak mini-games. it takes forever. everyone you're playing with tends to lose interest in half an hour at most. ugh.

i'll grant that the minigames themselves might be better on the wii, given that nearly everything seems more interesting. but i still can't imagine the game being worth more than a week of entertainment.

have you played the older versions?
I actually like Mario Party. It's way more fun if you just play the mini-games. You can just bypass the whole boardgame thing and play mini-games. Granted, it's not much fun unless you have 3 or 4 people, but it's always good for some laughs.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have yet to play one of these...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
i'd rather play mario kart or mario tennis (best game ever, i'm a bit scared one of my friends will get killed if it comes out for wii). the mini games always entertained me for like ten minutes. there was just never a massive amount of replayability to the game, imo. i guess if there was enough beer involved..
I also love Mario Kart and Mario Tennis. Both awesome games. I still play Mario Kart 64.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'd rather play mario kart or mario tennis (best game ever, i'm a bit scared one of my friends will get killed if it comes out for wii). the mini games always entertained me for like ten minutes. there was just never a massive amount of replayability to the game, imo. i guess if there was enough beer involved..
ah...the 64... i wasted a good portion of my life on...Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Madden 64, and Golden Eye.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
ah...the 64... i wasted a good portion of my life on...Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Madden 64, and Golden Eye.
O yes, Sweet sweet golden eye.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mario Tennis is awesome. It gets pretty intense when you're playing with or against friends. I probably like Gamecube's version better because it's updated, but I think of them as one. However, Mario Kart 64 is better than Double Dash because of it's sheer greatness. I have a hard time determining if I think either it or Super Mario 64 is the greatest game I've ever played.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

SSX Blur is legit. It takes a while to get teh hang of it, but after you figure it out, it is an adrenaline rush.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Anyone have any Virtual Console games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

It is hard to find the power cards in retail stores anymore. They all seem to be charging high markup. I also don't trust the wireless Wii console system to take my credit card and not share the info. Just seems shady to use the wireless network like that.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Mario Tennis is awesome. It gets pretty intense when you're playing with or against friends. I probably like Gamecube's version better because it's updated, but I think of them as one. However, Mario Kart 64 is better than Double Dash because of it's sheer greatness. I have a hard time determining if I think either it or Super Mario 64 is the greatest game I've ever played.
I think Double Dash and Kart 64 are both awesome in their own ways. I love both of them separately. I think Nintendo did a fantastic job on both of these games because they are playable even now.