Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.
Default Jason Webster signs with the Bills

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4796

Could help out in grooming Ashton Youboty, and add depth at the 3rd CB spot, maybe pushing Youboty for the 2nd CB spot. Will be interesting to see.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said in some other Bills forum...Lower your expectations NOW, and itll save you alot of dissapointment when the season comes.

He is nothing but a short, slow, and injury prone CB. No joke. I think he let the highest % of passes be completed on his guy in the league (as a starter).

At best, I think he could be a decent nickleback. You guys seriously dont want to see him starting.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.

Guy is not good/avg.
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Like I said in some other Bills forum...Lower your expectations NOW, and itll save you alot of dissapointment when the season comes.

He is nothing but a short, slow, and injury prone CB. No joke. I think he let the highest % of passes be completed on his guy in the league (as a starter).

At best, I think he could be a decent nickleback. You guys seriously dont want to see him starting.
Ya, like I said tho, I feel that Ashton Youboty will start, but Webster could put pressure on him, but probably not. I understand what you are saying. He's only 5'9 and isnt very quick.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sick, now I'm not so upset we didn't draft a corner!! Webster will be almost everything that Clements was for us, he is a good corner back!!

This was definitely not worthy of its own thread. Webster was absolutely terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible for the Falcons. Now, I do like the kid because he was once an Aggie, but damn, he is probably no better than Jabari Greer!

If I recall correctly he is a decent tackler for a corner though and if he can play zone defense at all he might be worth a roster spot on our team because of how insanely deep we are at corner. I don't think our defense will be too good at anything other than defending the deep ball, rushing the passer and stopping intermediate 5-10 yard passes. Everything between mid range to deep is going to be completed on us and we don't seem to have much of a run defense still. Going to be rough on defense for my Bills this year I think.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Webster was bad enough that for a short amount of time I considered him as possibly worse than Tory James. He wasn't, but the simple fact he earned consideration says how bad he really is.

Seriously, during the Falcons-Bengals game it was pretty obvious why all the Falcons fans said he was so terrible.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

He got picked on big time in Atlanta. Teams would throw against him all day and he couldn't do anything to stop it.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst corner in the NFL. I don't think he can even play on this level.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He will be fine as your Nickel Corner, he's a very solid tackler, but he couldn't cover anything...much like Rossum in Atlanta except he's really slow too =/

Do we play the Bills this year? LOL =)
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Webster was bad enough that for a short amount of time I considered him as possibly worse than Tory James. He wasn't, but the simple fact he earned consideration says how bad he really is.

Seriously, during the Falcons-Bengals game it was pretty obvious why all the Falcons fans said he was so terrible.
Oh god. Dont remind of that game. The way Webster was picked on over and over again...Forget Vick abusing dogs...what about Palmer abusing a human being?!

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 05-21-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Oh god. Dont remind of that game. The way Webster was picked on over and over again...Forget Vick abusing dogs...what about Palmer abusing a human being?!
HAHA I know, the whole 2nd half I was screaming for them to throw at Webster then towards the end they got him on that 60 something yard bomb to Henry when it was obvious we were going deep.

I honestly felt bad for you all that he had to start.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
He will be fine as your Nickel Corner, he's a very solid tackler, but he couldn't cover anything...much like Rossum in Atlanta except he's really slow too =/

Do we play the Bills this year? LOL =)
What do you mean? We still have Terrence Mcgee, Ashton Youboty and Jabari Greer for you to work. Theres no telling, that maybe Webster doesnt make the team, or is 4th CB at best. Not to mention that we got KO and DW over the top!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not at all scared of Ko...not at ALL scared of ANY of your corners. DW is a baller though. Not to mention, I'm not scared of your pass rush, so your coverages will break down. I'm not so worried about beating you with the pass, it's not our strong suit.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Considering we had 26.5 sacks from the DE spot on the team, Id they have a pretty good pass rush team, and many are aware of it.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Dude Ko Simpson is awesome. I wanted him so badly...

Old 05-21-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And this deserved it's own thread because????

If it was a player that was worth a salt, then ok, but this is why we have team threads fellas.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
And this deserved it's own thread because????

If it was a player that was worth a salt, then ok, but this is why we have team threads fellas.
Or the Free Agent thread.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take him for depth. We needed another corner in there somewhere, but he seems like he should be our #4, maybe nickel but I'd probably rather have Kiwaukee out there.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Jay on FirstTake said that they finally got a replacement for Nate Clements. I'm thinking "whuuu?" And "whyyyyy do I even watch this?"

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
I think Jay on FirstTake said that they finally got a replacement for Nate Clements. I'm thinking "whuuu?" And "whyyyyy do I even watch this?"
That's tremendous. I'm usually sleep when that show is on.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Or the Free Agent thread.
Yep, that too.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I don't care, doesn't make me afraid of them. Ko is overrated imo, I was just praying we didn't pick him with our first round pick.

I am not anti-Bills at all, they just aren't a team that strikes fear into me =/
Old 05-21-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who would u rather have (u can't say neither because its the obvious answer). Carroll or Webster??

thank god the Jets didn't sign him.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Carroll, cause if he's suspended he can't hurt my team, and if he's not, at least he's fast enough to keep up with someone.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
who would u rather have (u can't say neither because its the obvious answer). Carroll or Webster??

thank god the Jets didn't sign him.
Webster, you can try him at SS.