Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2007, 03:42 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,643
Reputation: 208
TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

In the cover 2 its possible Webster could be a solid CB. He cant cover worth a damn but hes a good tackler and am experienced player.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:17 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Buttermilk Nebula
Posts: 23,570
Reputation: 4763471
SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I don't care, doesn't make me afraid of them. Ko is overrated imo, I was just praying we didn't pick him with our first round pick.

I am not anti-Bills at all, they just aren't a team that strikes fear into me =/
Some people do overrate Ko, already expecting him and Whitner to be this great tandem, but he's still maturing and is getting better. He may have been our worst secondary starter last year on the whole (our corners didn't start out too well) but he has the upside and steadily showed improvement. We had one of the better pass defenses last year, and that wasn't all Nate, so we could be better than you think. Of course I still have worries myself.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,776
Reputation: 460
iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Some people do overrate Ko, already expecting him and Whitner to be this great tandem, but he's still maturing and is getting better. He may have been our worst secondary starter last year on the whole (our corners didn't start out too well) but he has the upside and steadily showed improvement. We had one of the better pass defenses last year, and that wasn't all Nate, so we could be better than you think. Of course I still have worries myself.
No doubt you have the ability to get there, but young guys like that in the secondary don't scare me is what I was saying. I remember last year when Ko was a LOCK for first round on this site. It's just certain players certain places catch hype for no REAL reason. Heck I was trying to hype Patrick Watkins, who ended up being a starter in Dallas and having a very solid season. But Yeah, Ko can be fine, he's SUUUUPER young, that's the biggest reason I didn't want the Falcons to get him. At the end of his Rookie contract I expect him to finally start playing at his potential, but I am afraid it won't come until after he is re-signed or after he goes somewhere else.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
WooWoo21
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lyndonville,Ny
Posts: 102
Reputation: 7
WooWoo21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
No doubt you have the ability to get there, but young guys like that in the secondary don't scare me is what I was saying. I remember last year when Ko was a LOCK for first round on this site. It's just certain players certain places catch hype for no REAL reason. Heck I was trying to hype Patrick Watkins, who ended up being a starter in Dallas and having a very solid season. But Yeah, Ko can be fine, he's SUUUUPER young, that's the biggest reason I didn't want the Falcons to get him. At the end of his Rookie contract I expect him to finally start playing at his potential, but I am afraid it won't come until after he is re-signed or after he goes somewhere else.
Ok Ive sat back and watched your responses, but this one is just crazy. One, you should be scared of our pass rush because it is the strong point of our defense. Secondly you think Ko Simpson is underrated, but Patrick fricken Watkins had a decent season last year. Did you watch Watkins continually rubberneck while deep passes flew over his head? What you should be scared of is the fact that you have a glorified running back playing QB, and Schaub isnt there to bail his butt out if he continues playing like garbage. Before you throw the word overrated around maybe you should look at your team and realize that you have the most overrated, overhyped player in the history of the NFL on it. Im not trying to be a jerk here, but before you start telling us how you arent scared of our team, try to understand that the Falcons had the same exact record as the Bills last year. I cant sit here and predict the future, but unless Jamaal Anderson plays QB I dont see things getting any better for the Falcons in 2008.
__________________
Thats only in the morning, you should be up cooking breakfast or something. Its like an alarm clock. Woo Woo!!!

Here to convert the Bills Haters of the World.
WooWoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 564
Reputation: -4
bills_red needs more cowbell.
Default

some Bills fan.......
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Buttermilk Nebula
Posts: 23,570
Reputation: 4763471
SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
No doubt you have the ability to get there, but young guys like that in the secondary don't scare me is what I was saying. I remember last year when Ko was a LOCK for first round on this site. It's just certain players certain places catch hype for no REAL reason. Heck I was trying to hype Patrick Watkins, who ended up being a starter in Dallas and having a very solid season. But Yeah, Ko can be fine, he's SUUUUPER young, that's the biggest reason I didn't want the Falcons to get him. At the end of his Rookie contract I expect him to finally start playing at his potential, but I am afraid it won't come until after he is re-signed or after he goes somewhere else.
Whitner played great last year and McGee is a seasoned starter with good coverage skills. Ko wasn't as bad as you're insinuating (I apologize, as my post was also more putting him down while he actually did play well last year). He can be an impact player well before you're assuming him to be and I'd take him over Watkins any day. Youboty is the only big question but he seemed good for the defense. We actually get to see him in TC this year.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,728
Reputation: 56147
BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Webster's not a bad player by any stretch but don't expect probowl form, I used to love seeing him in Atlanta because it meant we always had a great matchup on that side regardless who was our second receiver/
__________________

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 26,529
Reputation: 1518509
princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The Bills would be better off inserting a young player and having him make mistakes than having this pile of garbage in there
__________________


Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,728
Reputation: 56147
BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

He's a decent nickel imo.
__________________

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,776
Reputation: 460
iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooWoo21 View Post
Ok Ive sat back and watched your responses, but this one is just crazy. One, you should be scared of our pass rush because it is the strong point of our defense. Secondly you think Ko Simpson is underrated, but Patrick fricken Watkins had a decent season last year. Did you watch Watkins continually rubberneck while deep passes flew over his head? What you should be scared of is the fact that you have a glorified running back playing QB, and Schaub isnt there to bail his butt out if he continues playing like garbage. Before you throw the word overrated around maybe you should look at your team and realize that you have the most overrated, overhyped player in the history of the NFL on it. Im not trying to be a jerk here, but before you start telling us how you arent scared of our team, try to understand that the Falcons had the same exact record as the Bills last year. I cant sit here and predict the future, but unless Jamaal Anderson plays QB I dont see things getting any better for the Falcons in 2008.
LMAO. I never said KO was UNDERrated...and Pat Watkins DID have a decent season...he got burned a couple times, I never said he had a GREAT season did I? You should read what I write not what you want it to say. You're right, we have a RB playing QB, a RB with one of the strongest arms in the league who had been playing behind one of the worst OLs in History. You don't try to turn this on me, because while my QB is going out doing EVERYTHING including running the ball to win our team games but getting trashed for it. Sorry that our WRs drop like 15% of passes thrown to them, and sorry that we threw the ball less than any team in the league. Forget the fact that Vick single handedly kept us in and won us a lot of games.

And for Vick to be called overrated you OBVIOUSLY don't listen to the media, because they say he has the ability, but no one is pulling for him hardly at all and NOONE is saying that he's a great QB yet...so you need to just get over yourself. He's one of the faces of the league because he's unique and draws SCORES of fans, but it's not because he's the greatest QB to ever play the game. He has the tools to be a Hall of Famer, but he's far from that at this point. However if he puts it together this year in this new system...look out...but that's the story of Vick at this point...can a coach finally harness all of his ability and get a team to come around him instead of leaving him on an island.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 3,892
Reputation: 2331
HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Not at all scared of Ko...not at ALL scared of ANY of your corners. DW is a baller though. Not to mention, I'm not scared of your pass rush, so your coverages will break down. I'm not so worried about beating you with the pass, it's not our strong suit.
If youboty had of stayed in college he would have been in contention with darrell revis for the #1 corner taken IMO
__________________

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,504
Reputation: 13627
BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

KO out played DW
DW missed way too many tackles and didnt have much impact in games

BTW the falcons are garbage....my brother is a huge fan...
you have NO recievers, and if u call that 36 year old a game changer.... then Lee Evans is a hall of famer

your QB is a runningback, and though he is an exciting player...... he brings fans, he doesnt produce...hes been sort of an underachiever these past few years

every year the falcons fall apart at the end of the year

c'mon losing to the Browns?....and Losing to Carolina when Weinke was QB>?
and they ran the ball like 96% of the time in that game
BufFan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 564
Reputation: -4
bills_red needs more cowbell.
Default

Bills fans again.... Let's not talk **** becuase last I look we were only 7-9
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,776
Reputation: 460
iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
KO out played DW
DW missed way too many tackles and didnt have much impact in games

BTW the falcons are garbage....my brother is a huge fan...
you have NO recievers, and if u call that 36 year old a game changer.... then Lee Evans is a hall of famer

your QB is a runningback, and though he is an exciting player...... he brings fans, he doesnt produce...hes been sort of an underachiever these past few years

every year the falcons fall apart at the end of the year

c'mon losing to the Browns?....and Losing to Carolina when Weinke was QB>?
and they ran the ball like 96% of the time in that game
Oh yeah...I said the Falcons were Super Bowl bound didn't I? Oh wait...NO I didn't. Give me a break. We had some of the worst coaching in the NFL, ask anyone, I NEVER supported Knapp he was a moron and wasted Vick's talent and pretty much everyone else's. Vick saves coaches jobs with his ability to take over and single handedly win a game with crap no one around him, aside from Alge. You saw the Falcons without Vick a few years ago with his broken leg...THAT'S how much of a difference he makes. He took the Falcons from cellar dwellers to beating playoff teams at the end of the season when he came back.

Don't talk to me about Vick under achieving, when he puts it on the line EVERY time out there and the team lays down on him.

I don't anticipate our coaching staff letting our players give up like we have in these past few seasons. Mora was too buddy buddy and couldn't get through the tough times, always had an excuse, I'm anxious to see how Bobby handles "adversity" I think he's not afraid to ring people up and send them packing, I'm excited to see it.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:48 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,504
Reputation: 13627
BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

yeah we were 7-9 last year....
so was ATL
in an Easier Division
BufFan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,776
Reputation: 460
iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Uh...Falcons are in the NFC South last time I checked...making them a member of arguably the toughest division in football...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
WooWoo21
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lyndonville,Ny
Posts: 102
Reputation: 7
WooWoo21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Oh yeah...I said the Falcons were Super Bowl bound didn't I? Oh wait...NO I didn't. Give me a break. We had some of the worst coaching in the NFL, ask anyone, I NEVER supported Knapp he was a moron and wasted Vick's talent and pretty much everyone else's. Vick saves coaches jobs with his ability to take over and single handedly win a game with crap no one around him, aside from Alge. You saw the Falcons without Vick a few years ago with his broken leg...THAT'S how much of a difference he makes. He took the Falcons from cellar dwellers to beating playoff teams at the end of the season when he came back.

Don't talk to me about Vick under achieving, when he puts it on the line EVERY time out there and the team lays down on him.

I don't anticipate our coaching staff letting our players give up like we have in these past few seasons. Mora was too buddy buddy and couldn't get through the tough times, always had an excuse, I'm anxious to see how Bobby handles "adversity" I think he's not afraid to ring people up and send them packing, I'm excited to see it.
No offense buddy, but you are blindly following Vick. At some point people need to stop blaming the line, wide outs, and coaches for Vicks problems. I suppose his o-line gave him the water bottle as well.
__________________
Thats only in the morning, you should be up cooking breakfast or something. Its like an alarm clock. Woo Woo!!!

Here to convert the Bills Haters of the World.
WooWoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,504
Reputation: 13627
BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

hardest division?
looks like PLaying Tampa twice a year is real tuff...
the only good team in that division is the Saints....
i think AFC east is tougher.

NE and NYJ.....both playoff teams

plus the NFC doesnt have nearly as many good teams.
BufFan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,776
Reputation: 460
iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Yeah, but the NFC South has been in the conference championship since it's inception not to mention the fact that, okay Tampa may not look tough, but no matter what they are going to beat your brains in with that defense, even if you win your team is going to take some shots and be reeling from them for a while...Carolina...with a good QB is a very dangerous team. Saints...nuff said. Falcons...well...we'll see what happens. We have the biggest weapon in all of football on the offensive side, no matter what ANY of you say. But we have shoddy WRs...offensive line looks to be changing from a weakness, but it's going to take time, and our defense, none of us really know what to expect. A healthy John Abraham makes this defense a TON better, but without him we'd be relying on too many young guys for a pass rush, and we have a young secondary as well, so it could be really good or really bad. Atlanta is one of the harder teams to predict right now, between not know if we'll have our QB or not, or how well Petrino's scheme will translate into the NFL game. But the NFC South is definitely in the running for toughest division in football. Especially in NFC South play, these teams are built to dominate in the division, whoever one team drafts another team drafts a counter...it's great football down here.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,319
Reputation: 1620321
CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Webster's just there to teach the young kids and play a little nickel, it's a good signing.
CC.SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Maddog4977
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 67
Reputation: 60
Maddog4977 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Uh...Falcons are in the NFC South last time I checked...making them a member of arguably the toughest division in football...
Uh.. last time I checked the NFC South was tied for the worst division in the NFL (with the NFC West).
__________________
Maddog4977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Santa barbara CA
Posts: 455
Reputation: 1482
ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Uh...Falcons are in the NFC South last time I checked...making them a member of arguably the toughest division in football...
Im sorry dude but your wrong about that. It WAS one of the toughest divisions in the NFL. You cant compare it to the AFC East, especially not with this Patriots team. I hate em but theyre probaly the best team right now.

I agree with you on all the Mike Vick arguments though. He willed that team to the Conference championship a couple years back
__________________
ruthlessrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.