Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-04-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

i dont even think Quinn is all he's cracked up to be...i think he is a good QB but im not so sure i would pick him if i had the number one pick in the draft. I'd much rather have Leinart, Palmer and possibly even John David Booty over him too.

Granted he's playing on a weak team, I still think he is rather innconsistant for his hype

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

I agree Quinn is overrated, ND only got into a BCS game because their Notre Damn. They showed everyone that they are just another team. They might be good in the seasons to come but this year they were way overrated.

Yes, TIP, I do hate Michigan, Do you have a problem with that?

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

no matter wha the circumstances i HATE ND and Lou Holtz they annony the hell outta me and i dont think he should be a commentator in the beginning of the games cause hes wayyy too biased he was like ND will kill LSU i just dont want to hear him talk thas so typical of a ND homer and im gonna hate jimmy clausen forever

I cant say OHIO St. cause im actually rooting for them against Florida whom isnt supposed to be in the game but theyre pretty much second with michigan third but the thing is no matter what the game is i just want to see ND lose
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
i dont even think Quinn is all he's cracked up to be...i think he is a good QB but im not so sure i would pick him if i had the number one pick in the draft. I'd much rather have Leinart, Palmer and possibly even John David Booty over him too.

Granted he's playing on a weak team, I still think he is rather innconsistant for his hype
that's homer talk.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

Not really, John David Booty is the man...he wins games. You can't say that about Quinn. Booty had like 400 yards passing against Michigan, what did Quinn total in the Sugar Bowl? I would rather have Booty. It is not homer talk for me to think Quinn is overrated. Everyone acts like he is going to be the greatest thing to happen to football which I find to be a joke. He is good but doesn't come close to the hype he gets

Old 01-06-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude
no matter wha the circumstances i HATE ND and Lou Holtz they annony the hell outta me and i dont think he should be a commentator in the beginning of the games cause hes wayyy too biased he was like ND will kill LSU i just dont want to hear him talk thas so typical of a ND homer and im gonna hate jimmy clausen forever

I cant say OHIO St. cause im actually rooting for them against Florida whom isnt supposed to be in the game but theyre pretty much second with michigan third but the thing is no matter what the game is i just want to see ND lose
I agree about ND. I hate how overrated they are and all the other stuff u said. About Claussen, I read an article in the NY times about how hes an arrogant ass, so u won't have too much trouble hating him.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:12 AM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

nyjetsguy27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

other: miami
nyjetsguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
IrishBrowns
Rookie

IrishBrowns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ohhh I love it, ND the most hated team. just shows you hate em' cuz you aint em'. it also shows the bias on the board, when you guys are downgrading every ND player possible
IrishBrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

The U should be on there

I feel like teams that everyone likes (unless u like their rival) are Wisconsin, LSU, Auburn, and Cal, and in this area, Rutgers.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

boy, im so glad USC "aint" Notre Dame...we actually like to win our big games :D

Old 01-18-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
ndctu1138

Everyone hating on ND. It's the most storied and successful program in the history of college football and so in turn people can't stand them. Thats the logic behind every Notre Dame hater. And there sure are hell of a lot of you.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
gettembuck

Ugh. Notre Dame fans are ridiculous. They see people hating the Miamis, Ohio States, and USCs because people are jealous of them. So they think that hate automatically = jealousy. Then they go out and act like retards so people hate their team......then delude themselves into thinking that people hate ND because of jealousy and not because of their idiot fans and undeserved media coverage/poll rankings.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tough choice for me here. :roll: :roll:
Old 01-18-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

to me, Notre Dame is like the yankees of college football which is why i dislike them

Old 01-18-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
to me, Notre Dame is like the yankees of college football which is why i dislike them
The Irish are the Yankees of football????

USC signs all the top talent (except Jimmy Clausen), has two star players invovled with scandals (Bush, Jarrett), has a kicker jump or fall off a cliff, has a QB with a criminal record, had a DE and a safety with a criminal record.

And don't get me started on THE U.

I don't see that drama in South Bend.

Penn State basketball wins this decade- 0.
Fogartynyy2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would've wanted to vote for Miami, but went with Ohio State.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Being and LSU fan, out of all the ones on the list definitely USC.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta go with Michigan. Around here there are soo many that its rediculous, and the only reason they like them is cause they are perenially good.

ND-I respect Wies....a lot and can not wait to see what he does
USC-started liking..yes during the Reggie Bush days. About 4 years or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

First of all my good sir, you are missing the meaning of my post. I say they are like the Yankees because every year they always come out over ranked and over rated but get away with all the glory just for the sake of being Notre Dame.

Second, while I think Reggie Bush was in the wrong for jepordizing USC's program he is still innocent until proven guilty. And that whole thing with Jarrett was lame and he didnt even get in trouble because it was a misunderstanding that was blown out of proportion

Old 01-19-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
First of all my good sir, you are missing the meaning of my post. I say they are like the Yankees because every year they always come out over ranked and over rated but get away with all the glory just for the sake of being Notre Dame.

Second, while I think Reggie Bush was in the wrong for jepordizing USC's program he is still innocent until proven guilty. And that whole thing with Jarrett was lame and he didnt even get in trouble because it was a misunderstanding that was blown out of proportion
I love Notre Dame...but I love the Yankees more and these statements are an insult.
1. When they start ranking baseball teams get back to me.
2. How is winning 26 championships getting away with all the glory?

This year Notre Dame ended up ranked around number 20 which is what they were a 20-25 team who beat teams like Penn St. and Georgia Tech.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

fair enough, at least you are realistic about what kind of team they are unlike these people who think everyone should be "jealous" of them
Old 01-19-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
gettembuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogartynyy2789
Quote:

I love Notre Dame...but I love the Yankees more and these statements are an insult.

This year Notre Dame ended up ranked around number 20 which is what they were a 20-25 team who beat teams like Penn St. and Georgia Tech.
oh god, a yankee notre dame fan? let me guess...you like the cowboys and celtics too.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
ChazMonk
Rookie

ChazMonk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndctu1138
Everyone hating on ND. It's the most storied and successful program in the history of college football and so in turn people can't stand them. Thats the logic behind every Notre Dame hater. And there sure are hell of a lot of you.
No, it's because they "think" they are the most storied program in history, and keep living off of the past. The media, even though they basically sucked for well over a decade, still tried to make us think they were the same ND as in the past. When was the last ND national championship? When was the last time teams feared playing them? Yeah, that's what I thought. People hate ND because of what they are, arrogant, not because they are jealous. Get a clue my friend.
ChazMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

[quote="JCarver27"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogartynyy2789
Quote:

oh god, a yankee notre dame fan? let me guess...you like the cowboys and celtics too.[/quote]

My least favorite football and bball teams. And no I am not a fornt runner I love the New York Knicks (and you dont know pain untl you watch them get destroyed by Miami without Shaq or Wade).

Old 01-23-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
theshark08
Veteran

theshark08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBrowns
ohhh I love it, ND the most hated team. just shows you hate em' cuz you aint em'. it also shows the bias on the board, when you guys are downgrading every ND player possible
Hold on there. Michigan and USC have a right to hate us because we hate them. It's a given considering we're rivals. They really just try to bring down our QB. It's not even 100% that Brady Quinn was our QB at ND. He's on top of the draft so people are nitpicking just like they did with Leinart and Vince. They pick at Clausen because he's older than a lot of the other high school seniors. I don't like that but whatever.

I love ND and although I don't like the constant criticism and the mocking of Weis, I don't think that the majority of the other schools are jealous. Some may be but they are in the minority. They don't like that we were ranked so highly at the beginning and they were right about that.

Like I said, I love ND but until they prove that they derserve to be back on top we as ND fans are going to have to endure being hated on for being overrated and having done nothing recently.

My most hated is USC, followed extremely closely by tOSU. HATE THEM!

GO IRISH!!!

Trying to to be a homer in my views, hoped it worked. I'm reasonable right?

sig by BuckNaked contact him if you want it done right.
theshark08 is offline   Reply With Quote