Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-23-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

while rivalry has something to do with it, its just Notre Dame in general for me that i dislike. i dislike UCLA but Notre Dame is on a whole other level. i even thought i would be able to pull for them in the sugar bowl because i wanted to see Quinn finally do well in a big game but i just couldnt bring myself to root for them when i flipped on the tv. i dont think Quinn will ever be the leader that Palmer or Leinart are and this is a 100 percent unbiased opinion. I feel Troy Smith is a better leader than Quinn is too. but my dislike for ND goes beyond the USC-ND rivalry
RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516
By the media, it's definitley Miami.
Yep the media bias against UM is absolutely amazing.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79
Quote:
It's well deserved.
The Brawl
The Merriweather incident wiht him firing his gun.
Kellen Winslow II and everything about him.
Najeh Davenport get's arrested before the National Title Game.
And other stuff...

Penn State basketball wins this decade- 0.
Fogartynyy2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
CC
Veteran

CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

[quote="Fogartynyy2789"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarver27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogartynyy2789
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
First of all my good sir, you are missing the meaning of my post. I say they are like the Yankees because every year they always come out over ranked and over rated but get away with all the glory just for the sake of being Notre Dame.

Second, while I think Reggie Bush was in the wrong for jepordizing USC's program he is still innocent until proven guilty. And that whole thing with Jarrett was lame and he didnt even get in trouble because it was a misunderstanding that was blown out of proportion
I love Notre Dame...but I love the Yankees more and these statements are an insult.
1. When they start ranking baseball teams get back to me.
2. How is winning 26 championships getting away with all the glory?

This year Notre Dame ended up ranked around number 20 which is what they were a 20-25 team who beat teams like Penn St. and Georgia Tech.
oh god, a yankee notre dame fan? let me guess...you like the cowboys and celtics too.[/quote]

My least favorite football and bball teams. And no I am not a fornt runner I love the New York Knicks (and you dont know pain untl you watch them get destroyed by Miami without Shaq or Wade).
No one considers a Notre Dame a frontrunner, to be a frontrunner your team has to win something once in a while. Like say, the last decade or so.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote="Fogartynyy2789"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarver27
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
First of all my good sir, you are missing the meaning of my post. I say they are like the Yankees because every year they always come out over ranked and over rated but get away with all the glory just for the sake of being Notre Dame.

Second, while I think Reggie Bush was in the wrong for jepordizing USC's program he is still innocent until proven guilty. And that whole thing with Jarrett was lame and he didnt even get in trouble because it was a misunderstanding that was blown out of proportion
I love Notre Dame...but I love the Yankees more and these statements are an insult.
1. When they start ranking baseball teams get back to me.
2. How is winning 26 championships getting away with all the glory?

This year Notre Dame ended up ranked around number 20 which is what they were a 20-25 team who beat teams like Penn St. and Georgia Tech.
oh god, a yankee notre dame fan? let me guess...you like the cowboys and celtics too.[/quote]

My least favorite football and bball teams. And no I am not a fornt runner I love the New York Knicks (and you dont know pain untl you watch them get destroyed by Miami without Shaq or Wade).
Or By JR Smith and Carmelo Anthony

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's well deserved.
The Brawl -ND has gotten into brawls before 2 other programs got into a WORSE brawl that very weekend!

The Merriweather incident wiht him firing his gun. - The 2nd amendment allows the right to bear arms, it is a protected right that our forefathers (or at least mine) have fought and died for. HE LEGALLY had that gun.

Kellen Winslow II and everything about him. - Is riding a motor cycle illegal? If so please arrest me too.

Najeh Davenport get's arrested before the National Title Game. - He hasnt been in school in ages There is plenty of ND people that have been arrested. Hey Joe Namath is a fall down drunk and letcher, I guess all ND fans are too? They dont get the same haterade we get for it.

And other stuff...
If UM recruits a kid wit a shadey background to give him a chance, we get ripped for it. If he goes to another school they get praised for giving the kid a second chance (see willie williams for instance and Lousiville wanting himright now for one example of this "ahh they are giving hte kid another chance").

ND and Miami both get biased, the difference is miami's is always spun to complete and utter hatred and ND is always spun to the good guys.

Catholics vs the Convicts crap of the past.

It isnot like the standards of UM are easy to get into, actually it is the hardest school in florida to get into. It has controlled standards and turns away many players. It is an upstanding school and filled with good students that go on to great success in business, Law, Doctors, Education, etc etc etc.

It is hugely biased approach and view of it, which is why it should be up on this pole.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

nyjetsguy27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

USC, miami, florida state

sig by JETS5128
nyjetsguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's well deserved.
The Brawl -ND has gotten into brawls before 2 other programs got into a WORSE brawl that very weekend!

The Merriweather incident wiht him firing his gun. - The 2nd amendment allows the right to bear arms, it is a protected right that our forefathers (or at least mine) have fought and died for. HE LEGALLY had that gun.

Kellen Winslow II and everything about him. - Is riding a motor cycle illegal? If so please arrest me too.

Najeh Davenport get's arrested before the National Title Game. - He hasnt been in school in ages There is plenty of ND people that have been arrested. Hey Joe Namath is a fall down drunk and letcher, I guess all ND fans are too? They dont get the same haterade we get for it.

And other stuff...
If UM recruits a kid wit a shadey background to give him a chance, we get ripped for it. If he goes to another school they get praised for giving the kid a second chance (see willie williams for instance and Lousiville wanting himright now for one example of this "ahh they are giving hte kid another chance").

ND and Miami both get biased, the difference is miami's is always spun to complete and utter hatred and ND is always spun to the good guys.

Catholics vs the Convicts crap of the past.

It isnot like the standards of UM are easy to get into, actually it is the hardest school in florida to get into. It has controlled standards and turns away many players. It is an upstanding school and filled with good students that go on to great success in business, Law, Doctors, Education, etc etc etc.

It is hugely biased approach and view of it, which is why it should be up on this pole.
While I respect everyhting about the University Academically, the administration needs to come up with some sort of regulations against staying out at night. But Miami is the only school that consistently has these problems.

On the other end of the spectrum what Notre Dame did to basketball player Kyle McAlarney is unacceptable. Throwing a mid out of school for one offense. Even BC gave Williams multiple chances to redeem himself.

If Miami develops a harsher policy regarding their football team and Notre Dame eases off a bit both schools will be well respected again.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Notre Dame, USC, The U, and UK are my most hated.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:32 AM    (permalink
GoldenBoy

I would have so voted for Miami... ever since that Fiesta Bowl with Penn State they've been "bad". Folks LOVE to hate em.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Default Re: What about Miami?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBN570
I would have so voted for Miami... ever since that Fiesta Bowl with Penn State they've been "bad". Folks LOVE to hate em.
Dude. I really have no idea what to say to this. I mean...how can you confuse Miami and FSU, it's not possible. I'm just disappointed.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
gettembuck

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBN570
Dude. I really have no idea what to say to this. I mean...how can you confuse Miami and FSU, it's not possible. I'm just disappointed.
wow. do you know that football existed before last year?
Old 02-09-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Michigan.

Im a huge Michigan State fan, but i must say that all UofM fans are pompous jackasses, one day lloyd Carr is a terrible coach one day and a savior the next. John navarre was a Top 10 pick one day 7th rounder that next. The fans ahve no loyalty to anyone on the team. They are only loyal to the Name Michigan.

Just watch as soon as mallett has one bad game against a big 10 team they'll throw him under the bus but if he beats State or Ohio State he's be a savior.

Ohio State and Notre Dame are terible too but i truly despise Michigan.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sarf makes me hate USC.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:13 AM    (permalink
asu2100
Rookie

asu2100 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Notre Ame
asu2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan is the worst because if you actually talk to any of the hardcore adult fans, none of them actually went to Michigan. They all just want to buy into this Harvard of the West ideal, when really U of M is just a bunch of bratty trust fund kids that thinks the world owes them something because they went to Michigan. This year was especially bad because they had to play second fiddle to OSU the whole year.

Im not sure about a game to game basis, but I went to the Sugar Bowl game when the Illini played LSU a couple of years back(my dads a U of I grad), and they were terrifying. Just walking into the stadium was like walking into a third world country; everone was drunk and kicking over trash cans and screaming obscenities. I was only mildly surprised that they werent burning virgins at the stake pregame.

Maybe because they couldnt find any virgins.
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
AZ9er

Notre dame, they get all this love, all these people near me love them.

10 straight bowl loses.

most over rated team in the history of sports.

they dont deserve the love, the suck.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Miami does it to themselves though..

USC!

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
jdcozart
Rookie

jdcozart needs more cowbell.

Notre Dame
jdcozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty45
Michigan.

Im a huge Michigan State fan, but i must say that all UofM fans are pompous jackasses, one day lloyd Carr is a terrible coach one day and a savior the next. John navarre was a Top 10 pick one day 7th rounder that next. The fans ahve no loyalty to anyone on the team. They are only loyal to the Name Michigan.

Just watch as soon as mallett has one bad game against a big 10 team they'll throw him under the bus but if he beats State or Ohio State he's be a savior.

Ohio State and Notre Dame are terible too but i truly despise Michigan.
I don't know if I've ever heard a Michigan fan claim John Navarre to be a first day pick, much less a top 10 pick.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well I hate Penn State buts that because I live in PA and like Wisconson.
ds8582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
LB51

Norte Dame is the most overrated team but they still get to a BCS bowl and lose miserably, they lost to Michigan miserably and USC dominated them, yet the media and fans got them into the bowl because they would get more viewers and press. I hate that.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Thee Ohio State University becuase they are in the Big Ten and there's only room for one; THE BADGERS!!!!!!!!! :D

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSU sucks

the end
Old 02-24-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I flippin hate Auburn and Utah the most. I'm a Bama and BYU fan so they suck. Tennessee, LSU and UNLV are not far behind.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote