Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Superbowl in Texas

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...B3644206D02A55

The Dallas area, which will have a new stadium in 2009, will play host to Super Bowl XLV in February 2011, the NFL has announced.
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God that stadium is beautiful

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good for Dallas. I'm sure they'll do a great job hosting the game.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Long overdue. They never hosted the SB before, even though they have the climate for it. This stadium pretty much guaranteed that theyd host it.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's nice to see one finally in Dallas. It'll be great with the new stadium, and the climate is very nice that time of year.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited about that's for sure. It will only be better if the home team was there to participate.

Last edited by Paul : 05-23-2007 at 12:17 AM.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been a long time since a home team has participated in the Super Bowl. We cannot speculate about the odds of this happening now, of course.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thats a long ways away. The Cowboys roster would be completely different by than.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection View Post
Thats a long ways away. The Cowboys roster would be completely different by than.
Well duh. I wasn't making any predictions, I just said it would be nice.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i still think it's crap that it's only in the south and in domes.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better than being in Mexico, Canada, Europe, Africa, Pangea
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Better than being in Mexico, Canada, Europe, Africa, Pangea
No but it would be fair if all 32 stadiums could host the big game, or atleast have the opportunity.

I think the winner of the superbowl should have the superbowl in their stadium the next year.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is an interesting idea. So in other words it'll never be in Cleveland or Detroit(again).
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
That is an interesting idea. So in other words it'll never be in Cleveland or Detroit(again).
...Detroit had one, But how about Pittsburgh, Foxboro, NY, I don't see why the southern/Dome teams should get all of the superbowls.

I mean, sure it's great for Dallas that they build a new stadium and get the superbowl deal, but it's BS that Pittsburgh just got Heinz field and at best it'll ever see is an AFC Championship match.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

It's all about climate. But I still want to see another SB at the Rose Bowl. I really like that stadium.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
That it is and Dallas is an absolutely wonderful city. I visited there last spring and it was unbelieveable

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The SB is too much of a non football thing to have in the snow/cold. They want good weather. I think this was the first bad weather SB ever, not sure though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
The SB is too much of a non football thing to have in the snow/cold. They want good weather. I think this was the first bad weather SB ever, not sure though.
it was the first SB ever in inclement weather at miami.

although, i think it adds to the game. i'll stick to division championships to watch some wet weather (or snow, more likely. foxboro in the snow.)

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Lambeau? The "Frozen Tundra".. I believe it was because the Superbowls were in the Green Bay field.

I don't think the weather should be considered because honestly, if you want a level playing field... it's never going to happen.

Like for example...

People would say "Not fair for Pittsburgh to have it because of the snow"... Why?
"Teams in bad climates (Green Bay, Pittsburgh, NE, NYJ, NYG, Buffalo, Cleveland) have the advantage.

but don't dome teams and southern teams have the "Temprature" advantage?

Old 05-27-2007, 03:22 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im glad for dallas...this is the biggest thing to ever come to our city probably ever, and the stadium is way ahead of its time...im making reservations right now, and i dont even need a hotel room...should be plenty going on that whole week in dallas/fort worth...

and as far as location, i dont think if the game is played in a warm climate area, thats an advantage to the team who plays in that climate, hell if its 70 degrees and clear weather thats advantage for both, it wouldnt make sense....

you mean to tell me pittsburgh or cleveland plays better in the snow then they would warm weather clear skies? i think they would want the nice surface just as well, especially when you think about how much goes on that week of the super bowl, taking into consideration the fans sitting at the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 03:27 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Lambeau? The "Frozen Tundra".. I believe it was because the Superbowls were in the Green Bay field.

I don't think the weather should be considered because honestly, if you want a level playing field... it's never going to happen.

Like for example...

People would say "Not fair for Pittsburgh to have it because of the snow"... Why?
"Teams in bad climates (Green Bay, Pittsburgh, NE, NYJ, NYG, Buffalo, Cleveland) have the advantage.

but don't dome teams and southern teams have the "Temprature" advantage?
The Super Bowl was never in Green bay. Pre-Super Bowl Championship games maybe but not SB

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who keeps the profits of the stadium/ticket sales for the super bowl?
Old 05-27-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

and as far as location, i dont think if the game is played in a warm climate area, thats an advantage to the team who plays in that climate, hell if its 70 degrees and clear weather thats advantage for both, it wouldnt make sense....

you mean to tell me pittsburgh or cleveland plays better in the snow then they would warm weather clear skies? i think they would want the nice surface just as well, especially when you think about how much goes on that week of the super bowl, taking into consideration the fans sitting at the game
Perhaps... but if say, the game is between Indianapolis and Chicago for instance, who has advantage of playing in a dome? Indy

On Grass?

Add in weather?

Chicago does.

One team has an advantage due to where it's played. Granted Chicago lost, would it have been the same difference in a dome?

I just think every team should be given a chance to host a superbowl. Every team has to get new fields after so long, how is it right that all the teams in the north have to pay for New fields that will never see the big game?

Why does teams in the south and Domes get that? It's a little unfair that Texas/Florida have hosted so many superbowls but not anyone from the north.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post

Only cost 1 billion dollors.....
Old 05-27-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever, Dallas's new stadium will never be as great as the incredible Rice stadium where the true Texas SB was hosted in 74. :)