Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots Team Forum

Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-29-2015, 07:22 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2015 Draft Day Thread(s)

Draft day is finally here! Post all draft rumors, reaction, and insight in this thread!

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:31 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I can't wait for round 2 when we make our first pick

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Veteran

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've not been paying that much attention to the draft this year. Not anticipating any departure form our usual draft process.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:24 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Normally I have my heart set on 3 or 4 players at our pick. This year, I'd be open to a lot of different things. I'm pumpeddddd

Old 04-30-2015, 08:58 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

0% chance we pick in round 1.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh god Byron Jones is really happening.

I will cry.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMG

I'm so ******* happy with this pick!!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking forward to watching some tape. Hope he isn't Easely 2.0 (god I hope he has a good second year)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:37 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

it was weird.... it was reported the pats had traded their pick to houston originally.

but i love the pick. big need, i think he could be a stud for us.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Basically what they wanted out of Easley. Not quite as quick, but more developed on the physical end. If Easley can make big progress on where he needs to be, physically, they could have two of these dudes. That'd be pure hell for offenses to deal with on passing downs.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:39 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a fan of certain university's players and Texas recently has been one of those schools.

He's certainly a good prospect for what NE wants, but he had a lot of soft film. The best thing on his evaluation was "He constantly improved his game" (which is super high praise for some scouts)
Old 04-30-2015, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally like this pick a lot. I know Texas doesn't have the best reputation these days, but he was one of their few bright spots. I might have preferred Goldman, but I am on board with Brown. Needed to beef up the DL and we had a very talented guy fall into our laps.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:20 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went to bed after the Chiefs pick because the first round was really boring and I assumed the Pats would trade down. In seeing the Brown pick I am okay with it. I like him as a player and the value was fine. I probably would have preferred Eddie Goldman if they are looking to fill Vince's old spot though.

I don't think the interior o-line value was very good with Erving and especially Tomlinson going so early. Ideally I would say the Pats may have liked Cann at around 40-45 or so but I doubt he last that long now.

In the second I think I would like a RB or OG - might have to bite the bullet and take someone like Tre Jackson at the end of the second though

Old 05-01-2015, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Veteran

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't watch either (also fell asleep) but the Brown pick is ok. Too bad Tomlinson was already gone, really thought we'd have a shot at him. According to Curran Pats were interested.

I'd like to see Pats trade up in the 2nd; guard, wr or rb would be nice, but if they have a shot at Randy Gregory that would be cool.

But of course, if cmarq remains on track we'll be drafting a special team gunner in the 2nd. :/
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:07 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Yeah I'll have to have a look through some rankings to see who the 20th ranked safety is to prepare myself for later on

Old 05-01-2015, 08:40 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-NFLDC

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll have to read the scouting report since I haven't paid any attention this year. I know about 5 names and don't know much about them, even. Scott has reports up for me, right?

Right?

lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched some game tape of brown and figured id share my thoughts.

He plays relatively low pretty consistently which is great, and the majority of the times hes getting behind the lone its because of that. He does a solid job of holding the point of attack, and keeps his wyes on where the ball is. He doesnt however get a ton of push, and looks like he lacks ideal nfl strength to really power through guys. Often if he gets stood up at the initial point of contact he sort of just stays there. Seems to have a good motor from what ive seen, plays gard for four quarters and is alwaya chasing the ball.

Honestly not sure how he'll transition to the nfl. Easely, while being a completely different player, had much more success getting push and powering through guys, he took games over pre injury. Now idk if hell ever get back to that point with his health, but brown looks like a guy who can replace vince's anility to hold a point of attack, but im not entirely convinced hell take the next step and offer much more. Back to tape.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:57 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I think the coaching staff need to drum into Brown that he is a big guy. It is almost as though he plays like a 290lber at times instead of a guy who is 320. Too much finesse in his game at this point but I think that is coachable and he has made some big improvements

Old 05-01-2015, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

He really doesnt play to his size. Im almost wondering if always hunting the ball is hurting his play and forcing him to play more passive. A combination of that and lack of strength would probably explain his lack of bull rushing ability. Both something that should be coachable, hopefully.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-01-2015, 09:25 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown looks like he'll be alright. He doesn't pop on tape the way some guys do, but if he ends up like a 4-3 version of Ty Warren I'll be OK with it. He's still really young, and hopefully can develop a little more functional strength. I think people are looking at it as a Vince replacement, but that guy doesn't really need to exist anymore. I'm perfectly content letting Siliga and Branch taking the heavy snaps. Getting 2 good pass rushing DT's will do a lot with the defensive pieces we have in place. BB said last night that Easley was 260lbs. Which makes me wonder if they really ever see him as a starting 3 tech.

Still I'm starting to get concerned with us not drafting offense again. We really need a talent infusion on that side of the ball, as a lot of our important players are 28+. We do need to find a long term solution at #1 corner as well. I get why drafting front 7 guys is a good investment, but at a certain point you have to wonder if we need to distribute assets elsewhere.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Were going to stick to the "if gronk is healthy" mentality, for better or worse. Ive just accepted it now. Either he plays and we click or he gets hurt and our offense blows.

Also i really am not so sure about his pass rushing ability in the nfl (Brown's, obviously). He doesnt really stand put as a pass rusher to me. Who knows, Im rarely right on this stuff.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 05-01-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:28 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Were going to stick to the "if gronk is healthy" mentality, for better or worse. Ive just accepted it now. Either he plays and we click or he gets hurt and our offense blows.

Also i really am not so sure about his pass rushing ability in the nfl (Brown's, obviously). He doesnt really stand put as a pass rusher to me. Who knows, Im rarely right on this stuff.
I don't really see him as a pass rushing phenom either, but I think Warren is a somewhat apt comparison. He'll be a huge upgrade over Vince in that department even if he's not good at it.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:23 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Brown is a run stopper. He's a 43 NT with maybe 34 NT ability or 34 DE. He's not a 43 UT. Dominique Easley, who got better as he got stronger as the year went on, is a 43 UT (pass rushing type DT).

I know everyone has given up on him - but he's not dead yet.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Ill believe it when i see it. I had high hopes for him but im not sure with his injuries if hell ever be the player he was in college.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-01-2015, 03:42 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Ill believe it when i see it. I had high hopes for him but im not sure with his injuries if hell ever be the player he was in college.
I was surprised he played at all last year. I figured he would need a RS year. He played well given he tore his ACL his senior year. It usually takes a year to bounce back.

It's not guaranteed he ever plays up to expectations, but most players (save freaks like AD) take a year to come back. Tack that onto the fact he just jumped a level of play... and his play actually becomes impressive.

That said, more will be expected this year.