Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-21-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

tylaw24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
But we're tempting fate here. Chad Jackson has not proven anything this year other than that he's not smart enough to learn the playbook and that all he knows how to do is run in a straight line really fast. I like Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell, but Tom Brady deserves a Marvin Harrison or a Reggie Wayne of his own. No, we haven't needed that so far, but it's going to catch up eventually.
Last year after the draft, Chad was saying how well he was picking up the play book during interviews and how he stood out from other prospects. I think this was a major factor in the pats trading up to get him.

I don't know if it's his intelligence level that is holding him back from learning the playbook, or another issue that we are unaware of. A reoccurring rumor this season has been that Jackson is having some immaturity issues, and this could be a big reason for his reduced playtime.

It also didn't help that he had that annoying hamstring injury at the start of the year and was unable to get out there with the team during training camp and pre-season to get some experience in the system.

None the less, Chad has made the most of his limited time on the field and has a few TD's to show for it. I look forward to watching him next season and seeing if the kid can make the all important 2nd year jump that we all expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U
thx ^sig by cardsalltheway^
Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
the 08 Raiders will be without a doubt the best SB team ever.
tylaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985
You guys ready for your beat down? Manning is bound to break away with a big game. He is due.
8) i just want you to know that if we win im going into the colts discussion ,post this, and brag the hell outta of you.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

no one knows what Chad's deal is

we can assume or guess that its playbook..routes..maturity..just coaching decision to go with the vetrans

no one that has the knowledge has said anything(not BB, not Pioli, not Brady, no the Dabbol, not any player)

There were 2 rumors.

#1 He was immature at a dinner or something
^doubt it..

#2 It was said that he didnt take time to study playbook when he was hurt after missing all of TC

i just hope he steps up next year
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6
no one knows what Chad's deal is

we can assume or guess that its playbook..routes..maturity..just coaching decision to go with the vetrans

no one that has the knowledge has said anything(not BB, not Pioli, not Brady, no the Dabbol, not any player)

There were 2 rumors.

#1 He was immature at a dinner or something
^doubt it..

#2 It was said that he didnt take time to study playbook when he was hurt after missing all of TC

i just hope he steps up next year
Well exactly. No one is going to say anything and they don't need to. I was just bringing up the point that he is capable of learning the playbook, but for unknown reasons, was kept off the field most his rookie year ( as most rookie WRs are).

I was unaware of of that dinner incident, just that some unnamed 'sources' close to the team felt that he had some maturity issues.

Depending on how the Pats draft WR wise will determine their faith in Jackson.

I am very confident that he will step up next year.

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 01-21-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
EHobbs27
Veteran

EHobbs27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The thing is with the WR's that could be there in the late first round is that most of the guys are raw. Sidney Rice is a great young talent, but he is raw. Ted Ginn is very raw. I don't want to deal with another raw rookie. I want a senior at WR not another junior.

After the Tennessee game, I am certain Chad Jackson will bounce back. He showed me a lot just in that one game. I want to give Chad another year or two to develop.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Trust me, I want nothing more than for Chad Jackson to become a legit #1 WR in this league. I just don't think that alone will be enough, long term.

I have no problem with the Pats taking a LB or DB with both firsts. Hell, I'd have no problem if the Pats came out with two of Posluzky, Timmons, Willis and/or Woodley. I love defensive football. Normally, that is the way I roll. I was totally bummed when the Pats took Lawrence Maroney over Manny Lawson (though I am glad they did now).

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
Old 01-21-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

nyjetsguy27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

even though im a jets fan, i hate peyton manning so much that i cannot even put it into words... go pats

sig by JETS5128
nyjetsguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alca1992
Quote:
You guys ready for your beat down? Manning is bound to break away with a big game. He is due.
8) i just want you to know that if we win im going into the colts discussion ,post this, and brag the hell outta of you.

1.) Boasting is never a good thing and true winners don't need to boast

2.) Never use an illiterate statement such as "Brag the hell outta you" again
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Trust me, I want nothing more than for Chad Jackson to become a legit #1 WR in this league. I just don't think that alone will be enough, long term.

I have no problem with the Pats taking a LB or DB with both firsts. Hell, I'd have no problem if the Pats came out with two of Posluzky, Timmons, Willis and/or Woodley. I love defensive football. Normally, that is the way I roll. I was totally bummed when the Pats took LaUrence Maroney over Manny Lawson (though I am glad they did now).

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
I'm with you on that one. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats went Defence heavy this year as opposed to (almost) all Offence last season.

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 01-21-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

MANKINS TOUCHDOWN! who'da guessed that one?

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 01-21-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It must be so easy and luxorious to be a Pats fan.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
It must be so easy and luxorious to be a Pats fan.
No kidding. The Superbowl is going to be a match of the most lackidasical fans vs. the most neurotic ones.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

its gonna be a good game

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The game is not over yet.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Alrighty, first, thanks to the f a g who jinxed us above. Really nice asshole.

Second: if I here one more argument for why we shouldn't take a WR in the first round, I will shoot you in the mother f'ing face.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

you guys should have won that. The colts got lucky

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119
Quote:
Originally Posted by alca1992
Quote:

1.) Boasting is never a good thing and true winners don't need to boast

2.) Never use an illiterate statement such as "Brag the hell outta you" again
why dont you shut the hell up. plus i was only going to brag to that user only nobody else
Old 01-21-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

Old 01-21-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

dAmn!

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 01-21-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

It hasn't set in for me yet. I'm afraid ill flip out when it does . .

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 01-21-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Reche Caldwell sure makes a great #1 doesn't he?
Old 01-21-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Yeah im preety sure hes GONE next season and it's damn clear that we are taking a decent WR next draft. I was wrong about Jabar though, the last few games have really impressed me.

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 01-21-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
not 1 dropped pass but 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, let me just say that your team (minus Caldwell and that phantom PI call against you) played an amazing game.

I may not like Brady, much like you guys and Manning, but I respect the living hell outta him. He plays his ass off every playoff game with a supporting cast of Maroney and company. Your team will continue being great, Brady is only 30 next season and there's youth at RB and there will be younger receivers eventually. Asante Samuel is a stud.

Good luck guys in your future endeavors, and cheers.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever we've got the draft to look forward to at least.

Cladwell really did blow it big time. Tom "Mr. Clutch" Brady threw an awful pass into double coverage to end it, what a way to go out. All the more reason why we need a #1 target.

CALDWELL CAN NOT CATCH EVEN WHEN LITERALLY NOBODY IS COVERING HIM!

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote