Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-24-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119
We need a sure handed guy who will eventually take over for Brown, that is why I like Welker, he has decent hands and has shown to be a reliable wideout as a number 3 or 4 guy in MIAMI, he cought 64 balls i believe and will continue to grow better and better, plus he is a stellar punt returner, something we would need to fill
i agree with you thats hes a good player and hes underated but hes not a #1 WR
Old 01-24-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
bingbing
Rookie

bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In last years draft the Patriots surprised me my picking 6 straight offenses players. 2 tight ends in a row! What kind of surprises do you think that the patriots will pull out of their sleeves this year?

http://www.patriots.com/draft/2006/
bingbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayFaithful
In last years draft the Patriots surprised me my picking 6 straight offenses players. 2 tight ends in a row! What kind of surprises do you think that the patriots will pull out of their sleeves this year?

i was so mad when we took Garrit Mills in the 3rd
Old 01-24-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
bingbing
Rookie

bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bingbing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya me too. What the hell type of pick was that! Garret who. Give me a break.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

Quote:
Ya me too. What the hell type of pick was that! Garret who. Give me a break.
but i did like dave thomas( it makes me think of wendys) and i loved the gostowski pick
Old 01-24-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
bingbing
Rookie

What do you guys think of these picks?

24. Daymeion Hughes CB. CAL
30. Paul Posluszny LB Penn State
60. Eric Weddle S. Utah
Old 01-24-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What do you guys think of these picks?

24. Daymeion Hughes CB. CAL
30. Paul Posluszny LB Penn State
60. Eric Weddle S. Utah
I don't think the Pats would really look into Puz because he is a little bit of a better fit for the 4-3. He could play 3-4 ILB but if we take one of those day 1 it will probably be someone like David Harris from Michigan. I like Weddle, but he is more of a FS/CB and we need a SS if we are taking a safety. I dont think we would use the #24 on Hughes as their will probably be better (pro-caliber) players available. Fresno St. is a pipeline school for us so we may take him.

All of those players are all strong cantidates to be taken by us however. We also need some help at tackle.

As for suprise positions taken, we could possibly take a DE or TE day 1, especially if Graham leaves.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Santos-Stanton47
Veteran

Santos-Stanton47 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think we need,

WR
S? i dont know which one, maybe SS
ILB
OLB

anyways, check out my article i wrote it for my school mag

Hey Chargers! Take Advice from Ron Burgundy… ”Stay Classy San Diego”
Opinion By Adam R. Keech

It’s not too long ago that the Patriots met the Chargers, so to recap it, and explain it for all you unloyal New Englanders. It was the Divisional Playoffs, meaning the two teams were out of 4 teams in their conference (AFC) to reach the Super Bowl to represent the AFC. The Chargers were the best team in the NFL; not even arguably, they seemed to be in rhythm every week of the year. The two studs LaDainian “LT” Tomlinson, and Shawne “Lights Out” Merriman. LT scored an NFL record 31 Touchdowns for a RB, and Merriman was a few votes away from being the NFL’s Defensive MVP. Compare 6 Pro Bowlers on San Diego to only 1 in New England. Did it matter?

Okay, Okay, we realize it was a great game, the Pats got lucky sometimes but, lets face it, it was NOT the game that was the story here. Rather the Pre-Game and Post-Game comments, actions, and reactions. The word “class” gets tossed around, a bit too much. “This guy is a class act” “Oh, he has no class at all, don’t celebrate touchdowns”, “He’s a great player, and a classy guy.” And to be real, I'm just sick of it. We know they get paid millions, and get great endorsements, we know they can score touchdowns and get sacks, so why not celebrate it? I don’t really know. There is a fine line between retaliation in sports than blatant class-less gloating. What the Patriots did, crossed the line, BUT barely in that matter.

"I would never react in that way. I was very upset," Tomlinson said. "When you go to the middle of our field and start doing the dance Shawne Merriman is known for, that is disrespectful. They showed no class and maybe that comes from the head coach."
That right there is WRONG, and not ”classy.” You NEVER disrespect one of the greatest coaches of all time after a disappointing loss. Yeah, I know how he must feel, MVP, great team, complete team, but lose it every time when it counts. I know it kills him inside to see Patriots celebrate like they did GROW UP! You have a giant mansion and millions of dollars to roll around in.

Oh and by they way, it’s not cool to state that "You guys know me, I'm a very classy person.” Yeah LT, I said it, it’s not classy to state that you are classy, that’s just as bad as the Patriots saying they’re good, when everyone knows they are. Class? Class? Hmm… is this the same LT who wears “Raiders Suck” T-shirts to every Raiders game he plays in. Is this the captain of a team who seems to keep talking and talking. Like last year when the Patriots went down to the Broncos, Head Coach Marty Schottenheimer said “Well, it was a great run, that’s a good team, a good dynasty, but it’s too bad it’s over.” As a Head Coach of a “classy” team, you can’t count out a team who lost in the playoffs during an off year to their glory days. WOW! LT wants to say “classy” Nice choice of words. Look at your own team history before stating “class” in a post-game press conference.

"It was upsetting to see because they won three Super Bowls," Merriman said, according to the Boston Herald. "It's like a guy on a fast break in basketball and dunking the ball and getting excited. You've won three Super Bowls. You don't do that." Hmmm….Sounds like a little ‘Roid Rage Merriman, calm down buddy. Oh, by the way, isn’t it you who criticizes the Pats celebrating when in fact you do the “Lights Out Flip” or as I like to call it “The ‘Roid Romp” Every time I see him doing that dance, it makes me want to fly to San Diego, get tickets, run on to the field and slap his “lights out”

It’s absolutely hypocritical for Merriman to say that, when in fact a year after winning the Rookie Of The Year, and a Pro Bowl selection, he has to celebrate or keep showing everyone how good he is by injecting steroids.
Well Merriman, do you really want to know why they’ve won three Super Bowls? It’s because they act like they haven’t been there before, like this is new to them. It keeps them excited, hungry and still wanting to achieve where other teams get complacent when they’ve experienced the kind of success the Patriots had. If you or the Chargers want to win a Super Bowl you have to stop blaming others, complaining, and in Merriman’s case, inject steroids.

“They should act like they’ve been there before” actually, the ones who made fun of Merriman’s ‘Roid Romp, haven’t really been there before. Ellis Hobbs, a young corner, who like Rosevelt Colvin, Vince Wilfork, Ty Warren, haven’t really been there. The experienced leaders and captains were not seen celebrating. Those guys are just fun loving, and sometimes nasty players who, when confronted about losing, or when the media talks about how great LT is, they snap, when finally all the Chargers bandwagon hype is stopped. You don’t see Tom Brady, Rodney Harrison or Tedy Bruschi celebrating, and those are the players who truly represent that team. They were provoked. Point blank. Planning parades, continued talk of how great the Chargers are, holding a Patriot bashing rally the night before the game got to the Patriots and they used to as fuel to win the big game.

You cannot tell me for a second, that if your opponent had annoying celebrations after every play, MVP talk, Super Bowl picks, and planned celebratory parades, that you wouldn’t at least make fun of their favorite Defensive player. It’s fair, so please don’t say its not, they taunt and poke, we win games! Take your MVP, take Merriman, take your “class”, it doesn’t matter, the New England Patriots win Super Bowls, they’ve got rings, and in the coming years, more rings. Think about it, the Patriots will rebuild their relatively weak team from last year into a young monster. Next season, according to reports, the Patriots have roughly $30 million in cap space. They have two first-round picks in the 2007 draft. Giving Pioli $30 million and an extra No. 1 pick is like giving Shawne Merriman an extra syringe. Expect massive results.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
andy82

The Patriots will take a CB (McCauley of Fresno St.?) with the Seahawks pick, and hopefully a WR with their original pick. Dwayne Bowe of LSU would be a perfect compliment to Chad Jackson, as Bowe would be the possesion receiver on one side, and Jackson would be the big play man on the other. These two would become the core of the offense along with Brady (obviously) and Maroney.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
bingbing
Rookie

To me honest. I will be kind of mad if we draft a receiver in the early rounds. I don't want to be stuck drafting receivers like the Falcons and the Lions. With there first pick they have drafted receivers 3 straight years except for last year. It hasn't worked for them it won't work for us. Drafting a receiver with a late first round draft pick is a bad idea. They suck. Defense oh players are good to draft late. There is a better chance that they aren't a bust. Drafting a receiver looks good at first, but in the next couple of years after you drafted them you realized they were a bust and you should have picked a defense of player.

We drafted a receiver last year lets not get in the tread of drafting bad receiver with late picks.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
EHobbs27
Veteran

EHobbs27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We have also talked with Brandon Myles according to Scott. I like this kid as well. I agree about WR. Many later round WR's have done well lately and the bust rate of 1st round WR's is way too high.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
andy82

What you two have said is true, but (sort of) desperate times call for (sort of) desperate measures. If you think about the Colts game( :evil: ), we lost 2 TD's due to dropped passes. If Caldwell had caught that one pass where there was no one near him, the Addai touchdown would have tied the game, not won it. Our leading receiver in the playoffs was Jabar Gaffney, who was once cut from HOU. Tom Brady turned him into a good player. Imagine what Brady could do if he had some real talent in the receiving corps.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alca1992
Quote:
We need a sure handed guy who will eventually take over for Brown, that is why I like Welker, he has decent hands and has shown to be a reliable wideout as a number 3 or 4 guy in MIAMI, he cought 64 balls i believe and will continue to grow better and better, plus he is a stellar punt returner, something we would need to fill

I never said he was a number one wideout, I simply said he is a great returner (NCAA best all time) and he can take over browns position which is mainly as a slot receiver
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

tylaw24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I never said he was a number one wideout, I simply said he is a great returner (NCAA best all time) and he can take over browns position which is mainly as a slot receiver
What compensation would we have to give up to get Wes Welker?

He put up some decent numbers last season, plus he's a divison rival.

These would have to factor into acquiring him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U
thx ^sig by cardsalltheway^
Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
the 08 Raiders will be without a doubt the best SB team ever.
tylaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:18 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you think the chances are of you guys resigning Daniel Graham?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:05 AM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
What do you think the chances are of you guys resigning Daniel Graham?
I'd guess it's 50/50. I think it is purely based on the direction Belichick and Pioli want to go with the team. Money should not be an issue here because I heard a little while ago that we are at least 30 million under the salary cap next season.

I think that Asante Samuel should be the first priority for re-signing followed by Dan Graham in order of importance. Both are important parts of the team, but I wouldn't be surprised if one was let go.

Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Old 01-25-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:

David Thomas you mean?

Thanks to BoneKrusher
Handel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handel
Quote:
Quote:

David Thomas you mean?
no i liked that pick
Old 01-25-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

David Thomas you mean?
no i liked that pick
Ok, so why did you say you were mad at Mills being picked in the 3rd, when on the site it clearly says he was drafted in the 4th?
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

David Thomas you mean?
no i liked that pick
Ok, so why did you say you were mad at Mills being picked in the 3rd, when on the site it clearly says he was drafted in the 4th?
my bad thats right it was the 4th
Old 01-25-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thomas and Mills were clearly drafted in case of Grahams depature

But so far we have seen nothing of Mills and only receiving aspects of Dave so it would be hard to decide if the pats would keep the best blocking end in the league
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey alca, I got your pm, but I can't pm people back, plus I'm not the Denver GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We better not take a TE before round 6 this year though. It looks like may hang on to Graham, as we made him captain and he has emerged as a great player. He has also been happy with NE and he has been able to stay healthy, so its looking good now. Hopefully we can keep him, Asante, and Tully.

Those picks of Thomas and Mills were fine imo. Thomas will be a good #3 pass cathcher (especially if we keep Graham), and we drafted Thomas as a FB not a TE, as he is about 5-11. If he gets healthy he could be a dynamic player for us.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
bingbing
Rookie

Oops i accidently deleted by picture under my name. How do i get that back. Sorry i'm a noob. But i do know alot about the Patriots.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

Quote:
Oops i accidently deleted by picture under my name. How do i get that back. Sorry i'm a noob. But i do know alot about the Patriots.
Do you still have the picture saved on your computer?

Michael Griffin #27

Quote: