Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-10-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank god for bridges, because if we lose this game I'm jumping off one :)

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Were the unthinkable to happen, I'd honor Sexy Rexy and kill myself by stuffing all the Mr. Potato Head feet in my house down my throat.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lets just say if we lose this game, ill be even more obsessed with the draft this year than i normally am lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Were the unthinkable to happen, I'd honor Sexy Rexy and kill myself by stuffing all the Mr. Potato Head feet in my house down my throat.
Now that's a goddamn snack.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-10-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we lose... I'm ending my phone, cable and internet service until draft time then again until the beginning of the season...

...but we won't so I'm done talking about it :)

Last edited by Nalej : 01-10-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Atiyyah Ellison cut after like three days. Brandon Spikes officially back to the roster.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-10-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol @ my brother blowing up my phone about Aso.

There's just no way in hell we shell out the money he'd want for a 30 year old CB to play zone for us.

I'd love it as much as anyone, but I would be completely floored if we were even in the discussion, let alone actually landed him.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
lol @ my brother blowing up my phone about Aso.

There's just no way in hell we shell out the money he'd want for a 30 year old CB to play zone for us.

I'd love it as much as anyone, but I would be completely floored if we were even in the discussion, let alone actually landed him.
yeah its not gunna happen lol

Old 01-10-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, that's not going to happen. I love to think of it, but I just can't see it happening. Fitzgerald is somewhat realistic, but Aso is just unlikely as hell. I suppose anything is possible and he likely becomes an excellent safety after his speed leaves him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-10-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yeah, that's not going to happen. I love to think of it, but I just can't see it happening. Fitzgerald is somewhat realistic, but Aso is just unlikely as hell. I suppose anything is likely he becomes an excellent safety after his speed leaves him.
I would much rather go after Fitz, even if it costs a pick or two. He's really the difference maker our offense needs at WR. And his talent / pricetag combo wouldn't be an outrageous waste based on system.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

ultimate orgasmic situation...... sign ngata and trade up for robert quinn <333

neither of which will happen lol

Old 01-10-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Ngata is a free agent? I didn't realize that. Hard to imagine him not being tagged. If he does hit the open market, 5/70+ will likely be the cost. That might be worth it too to have a historically good defensive line.

Apparently Tamba Hali is a free agent too. If he doesn't get tagged, we should absolutely pounce on him. Fantastic player and a perfect scheme fit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-10-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ngata is a free agent? I didn't realize that. Hard to imagine him not being tagged.

Apparently Tamba Hali is a free agent too. If he doesn't get tagged, we should absolutely pounce on him. Fantastic player and a perfect scheme fit.
he is, but its known he wants to resign in KC

Old 01-10-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I don't think you could overpay for either of those guys. We'll have to see what the new CBA says, but there's more talent than I realized in free agency.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-10-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was under the impression that the "Franchise Tag" might not exist under the new CBA, or am I wrong?
If so, Ngata/Hali/Seymour/Aso/MANKIN would all be available

Gimme Ngata, Mankin and trade up for Quinn as Pro already dreamed :D

Old 01-10-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

It's the wild west. No one really knows. The players want the tag to be tossed out because it doesn't favor them in the slightest.

But **** free agency right now. We're more than still in this.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-10-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
It's the wild west. No one really knows. The players want the tag to be tossed out because it doesn't favor them in the slightest.

But **** free agency right now. We're more than still in this.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ElectricEye again

TRUE ******* THAT!!!
IM HOPING FOR BACK TO BACK PICKS AT THE END OF THE 1ST :)

Old 01-10-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously what EE just said. Lets save this talk for those limbo months of no football and waiting for a new deal so we have things to discuss.

As for this week, let the circus begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I just wish they'd update the Goddam Snack game to include some feet that distract Rex.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Now that's a goddamn snack.
btw . . .

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ElectricEye again."

Old 01-10-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I showed my friends the snack game and I think they added in a pig you could eat. I hadn't seen that before while playing so maybe the feet joke will come along soon.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

lol

I haven't played in a few weeks so I'll have to see what's new. It's a good week for getting Rexy's snack time in . . .

Old 01-10-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Feet in Goddamn Snack Time would be amazing. But ANYWAY!

I really think we're going to see a more prepared Jets team defensively this week. The things they were doing the first two games they sort of have to toss out and so do we a bit. We have the advantage of facing an offense that with any luck, will be pretty vanilla. We still have to stop the run and that's no easy task, but it took the Jets a very long time to get into rhythm playcalling wise against the Colts. If that happens against us, they're likely down two touchdowns and some change.

We absolutely need to have our playmakers on offense ready to go. It's always going to be tough to run on New York and I doubt they'll be daring us to do it like they were against the Colts. Branch, Welker, and Woodhead should be plenty rested and healthy. We're going to need big contributions from all of them. Hernandez is someone we should have ready to go too after missing some time down the stretch. He was a match up problem for them in both games. Killed us in the fourth quarter with the drops, but he got easy separation all game long in that one. In the second game, he barely played but when he was in the ball went to him and he was usually wide open.

Defensively, we need more from Wilfork than ever.

This is what I hope the big guy has been doing all week. Needs to have his legs under him and be ready to play another 70+ snaps if we need him too. Usually the thing about DT's is that after they make they're money, they get fat and stop trying. I guess the secret is to find a guy who is fat in the first place because Wilfork has given us everything he's had this year. Mangold and Wilfork is one of the key matchups of the game, but we'll likely only see him on him 50% of the plays on defense.

For the finesse pieces on defense, we need to do just what we did with Sanchez in the second game. Keep him guessing and continue bringing different looks. Bring guys from the second level, put them in places they're not supposed to be...and catch some of the misses. One of the few guys who has really taken it to McCourty a bit was Braylon Edwards. Not that he got pushed around and blown around, but he did have some issues at times. Not on the stat sheet so much, but Braylon beat him a few times which is more than most can say. We can't cover the guy opposite McCourty, we we need to win that battle. Arrington is actually a pretty good guy to put on Holmes in terms of containing him. Most of his gains come from making guys miss and Arrington tackles very well and keeps things in front of him. Might give up some catches, but as long as he plays solid coverage and keep them from becoming big gains, we should be alright there.

Keller is the guy I'm not comfortable with. Ninkovich plays good man coverage on the tight ends, but is inconsistent and not on the field the entire time. Fletcher is really good in coverage, but he's more of a zone guy. The way they use Keller sort of takes that away. You need a guy to get up at the line and jam him then stay with him throughout the course of the play. If there's any sort of break down in blocking or coverage, Sanchez won't hesitate to take the intermediate yards which could turn into even bigger gains if we don't tackle well with Keller's fantastic speed.

Overall, I feel pretty good, but this is playoff football boys. We're not going to slaughter them like we did last time.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-10-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Feet in Goddamn Snack Time would be amazing. But ANYWAY!

I really think we're going to see a more prepared Jets team defensively this week. The things they were doing the first two games they sort of have to toss out and so do we a bit. We have the advantage of facing an offense that with any luck, will be pretty vanilla. We still have to stop the run and that's no easy task, but it took the Jets a very long time to get into rhythm playcalling wise against the Colts. If that happens against us, they're likely down two touchdowns and some change.

We absolutely need to have our playmakers on offense ready to go. It's always going to be tough to run on New York and I doubt they'll be daring us to do it like they were against the Colts. Branch, Welker, and Woodhead should be plenty rested and healthy. We're going to need big contributions from all of them. Hernandez is someone we should have ready to go too after missing some time down the stretch. He was a match up problem for them in both games. Killed us in the fourth quarter with the drops, but he got easy separation all game long in that one. In the second game, he barely played but when he was in the ball went to him and he was usually wide open.

Hernandez is going to be key, I'm guessing that with Gronks recent play Rex is going to focus alot on him. Hernandez needs to step up and be clutch for us unlike that first game against the Jets/Ravens where he was dropping easy passes. We ran the ball on the Jets pretty well and the Cots did too, if we can get the running game going we win this game.

Defensively, we need more from Wilfork than ever.

This is what I hope the big guy has been doing all week. Needs to have his legs under him and be ready to play another 70+ snaps if we need him too. Usually the thing about DT's is that after they make they're money, they get fat and stop trying. I guess the secret is to find a guy who is fat in the first place because Wilfork has given us everything he's had this year. Mangold and Wilfork is one of the key matchups of the game, but we'll likely only see him on him 50% of the plays on defense.

If we see Wilfork at DT, I hate when we have to put him at end. Pray to god everyone stays healthy this game on Dline, I will cry if we lose someone else.

For the finesse pieces on defense, we need to do just what we did with Sanchez in the second game. Keep him guessing and continue bringing different looks. Bring guys from the second level, put them in places they're not supposed to be...and catch some of the misses. One of the few guys who has really taken it to McCourty a bit was Braylon Edwards. Not that he got pushed around and blown around, but he did have some issues at times. Not on the stat sheet so much, but Braylon beat him a few times which is more than most can say. We can't cover the guy opposite McCourty, we we need to win that battle. Arrington is actually a pretty good guy to put on Holmes in terms of containing him. Most of his gains come from making guys miss and Arrington tackles very well and keeps things in front of him. Might give up some catches, but as long as he plays solid coverage and keep them from becoming big gains, we should be alright there.

McCourty actually did a really good job on Edwards last time we played them, I dont remember stats but I'm pretty sure he did next to nothing. Arrington on Holmes is a matchup I'd be more worried about, Arrington is a guy I like, he plays the position like hes supposed to no letting anyone get behind him, tackles pretty well. Thankfully, the Jets gameplan has a lot of short passes to warm Sanchez up, stuff out of the backfield, Holmes a ten yard in etc... He also over threw every pass last game by a good five yards that wasn't a short yard gain. Hopefully we can take advantage of that.

Keller is the guy I'm not comfortable with. Ninkovich plays good man coverage on the tight ends, but is inconsistent and not on the field the entire time. Fletcher is really good in coverage, but he's more of a zone guy. The way they use Keller sort of takes that away. You need a guy to get up at the line and jam him then stay with him throughout the course of the play. If there's any sort of break down in blocking or coverage, Sanchez won't hesitate to take the intermediate yards which could turn into even bigger gains if we don't tackle well with Keller's fantastic speed.

Guyton on Keller maybe? Ive been very impressed with him since Spikes suspension, hopefully his play stays the same. We also need to hope good Merriweather shows up. That would be very beneficial.

Overall, I feel pretty good, but this is playoff football boys. We're not going to slaughter them like we did last time.
Good post EE, some of my thoughts on what you said in bold.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-10-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I wouldn't be surprised to see alot of Chung on Keller. Dude plays the Harrison role to the T