Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 02-05-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Brooks Reed a good bit. If they miss on Kerrigan, I'd like to see Brook Reed brought in. Still not that big of a fan of drafting a 5T compared to some other things they could do.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A five technique is a good blanket way of addressing two birds with one stone if we get the right guy. Ty Warren coming back is huge and I think we're all underplaying that one a bit, but he's also getting up there in age. A franchise type defensive end could help us both long term and in the future when Warren is past his prime. We've also got to remember that Warren really wasn't the same player a few years ago and hasn't been on top of his game for a few years.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you Packers.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-06-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Thank you Packers.
agreed. in the last few years, brady, manning and roethlisburger have all lost championships. pretty crazy

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The offseason officially begins now... combine, draft, CBA...?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:57 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yup, it's draft season gentlemen. Let's go haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-06-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yup, it's draft season gentlemen. Let's go haha.
6 picks in the first three rounds. lets go baby!

Old 02-07-2011, 08:00 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
6 picks in the first three rounds. lets go baby!
That's like 20 picks in rounds 4 & 5. . . :D
Old 02-07-2011, 08:04 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A five technique is a good blanket way of addressing two birds with one stone if we get the right guy. Ty Warren coming back is huge and I think we're all underplaying that one a bit, but he's also getting up there in age. A franchise type defensive end could help us both long term and in the future when Warren is past his prime. We've also got to remember that Warren really wasn't the same player a few years ago and hasn't been on top of his game for a few years.
To be fair to Warren the official reason for listing him on IR was "lots of injuries" so maybe those inhibited his play the past few years. This was a get healthy season.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:52 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
To be fair to Warren the official reason for listing him on IR was "lots of injuries" so maybe those inhibited his play the past few years. This was a get healthy season.
I really hope that's the case and he comes out well playing for a contract...but you know how these things go. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-07-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Warren comes back strong but he is getting long in the tooth and plays one of the more physically demanding positions in the game. We put so much value into that front three, or at least we did when we won championships so logic would say we take a blue chip type 5-tech in such a talented class. I hope that is what we do; but I could also see us being satisfied with Wright, Brace, Deaderick, Pryor, and Warren returning. I see all of those guys as solid rotational players but I think we need another bell cow like Seymour, and frankly I can't see any of these guys coming close to that type of player.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:03 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm not so sure about that. I have a good feeling about a lot of guys in this class. Jordan and Heyward are two guys I'm extremely high on. Wilkerson and Ballard are two guys in the tier who have a chance to be pretty good too. One thing that's working in our favor is that we really don't need someone to be as important as Seymour was. One thing Seymour doesn't get credit for is playing with a turnstile at NT and never once with an elite guy sans maybe Ted Washington in his later years. Wilfork makes it a lot easier to break in a new defensive linemen and allow them to be less responsible right away.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-07-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we could pull in a guy who could prove to be an elite DE, and if we have the chance to take a Cam Jordan or Heyward then we should. Our current guys are all solid rotational guys, but I can't see them being much more than that. Wilfork does make everyone around him better, but if he goes down we would be in a very tough spot. I think having a great 5-tech would benefit us greatly, but the position we still need the most help at is OLB.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Don't worry man! We've got so many picks! We'll get them all. Probably an impact wide receiver too who can get open against man coverage! It'll be great!

hiding the fact we will likely get one or none of that and i will go into a very dark place after draft day as per usual...

But seriously, I do agree. We have some solid rational guys along the defensive line while not having a true starter at OLB going on multiple years now. We do have a chance to get them both luckily and this is a fairly deep draft for 3-4 front seven guys luckily, so even if we do try to manipulate other teams for picks instead of finally cashing out on them we should be at least solid. But all indications are this could be a good draft for us.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-07-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

hey guys.... can you please do me a favor?

visit this thread

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45671

i really appreciate it!

Old 02-08-2011, 05:59 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

thanks for the love guys, appreciate it

Old 02-08-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw a mock on one of the big internet sites (wont mention the name) that had the Pats taking with their top 3 picks:

Cam Jordan
Castonzo
Watt

Can i just sign off on that and save the aggrevation of waiting out the next 2 or 3 months.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Saw a mock on one of the big internet sites (wont mention the name) that had the Pats taking with their top 3 picks:

Cam Jordan
Castonzo
Watt

Can i just sign off on that and save the aggrevation of waiting out the next 2 or 3 months.
I don't know why we would take both Jordan and Watt, an OLB replacing one of them would work though.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I don't know why we would take both Jordan and Watt, an OLB replacing one of them would work though.
A little redundant but i would like both those guys on the field in passing downs.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

Cam Jordan
Castonzo
Watt

A DL, an OT, and a 43 DE... Seems like a poor choice of use of draft picks.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
A DL, an OT, and a 43 DE... Seems like a poor choice of use of draft picks.
I don't think Watt is a 4-3 LDE. I think he's the perfect fit at 5-tech in any scheme. He's big, strong, has a knack for making plays... He just needs to bulk up a bit, maybe 10-15 lbs. He should be a beast. I'd rather have him than Jordan tbh...

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Watt is by no means limited to being a 4-3 DE just because he currently plays there. Look at Adam Carriker, a guy who came up today. Similar player in college in a similar role and doing just fine in a 3-4.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-08-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Veteran

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Watt is by no means limited to being a 4-3 DE just because he currently plays there. Look at Adam Carriker, a guy who came up today. Similar player in college in a similar role and doing just fine in a 3-4.
Carriker is ******* atrocious.

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J255979-11nine View Post
Carriker is ******* atrocious.
Obviously you didn't see him play this year. He did quite well as a 5-tech. He was playing out of position and dealt with injuries in St. Louis. Now he looks like a good player, at least from what I've seen.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I don't think Watt is a 4-3 LDE.
I don't either. He's a 43 RDE. He's a pass rusher who isn't a total liability at stopping the run.

edit: I don't see him as being good enough to anchor against the run. I think he's smarter top drop weight and play 43 RDE.