Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-28-2011, 08:52 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last 24 hours suggest the Patriots are enamored with Cam Jordan (they did ask him to do linebacker drills...) and that they are looking to trade to 9 to ensure getting him. To recoup those picks, there is a big possibility of trading down to Oakland (who wants back in round 1) and taking their second and maybe their 2012 first . . . or 2012 second and something.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:08 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jordan rumors are fairly new so they could be BS. The trade rumors for 28/33 netting a second and 2012 1st have been around a while, so it's a safe bet that's true. But we have all been talking trade w/the value of (most likely) QBs as trade bait, so that's no surprise.

I would be happy w/a move up for Jordan and a move down to recoup picks. Hopefully Cam will prove TNPatsfan wrong. :)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a normal year I think they might have stayed at 17 or traded down, but with the uncertain (and now chaotic) labor situation, they need guys who can pick up the system quickly. By all accounts C.Jordan understands "gap responsibility" which is crucial for the Pats, thus I'd be not surprised at all for them to be sure they grab Jordan at whatever pick they deem necessary and recoup those with pick 28 or 33. The Pats just do no take OLB's in the first and I can't see them starting now, which leaves tackle. I don't know if any of this year's tackles warrant a pick at 17 - i.e. they can get comparable value probably in the second. While they might be enamored with Ingram, positional value wins out. The caveat here is if they think Wilkerson/Edwards offer comparable value to Jordan, so it comes down to how the team evaluates these players.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:39 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-sixth-pick/

Quote:
Mike Holmgren of the Browns has made it clear he wants to deal. At least one team is listening.

We don’t know how serious talks between the Patriots and Browns are, but Greg A. Bedard of the Boston Globe reports New England has talked with Cleveland regarding interest in the No. 6 overall pick. ESPN has also reported that the Patriots want to move.

Bedard figures the Patriots want to move up for UNC pass rusher Robert Quinn, who would convert to outside linebacker in New England. Bedard believes Julio Jones or Patrick Peterson could also be targets.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just seen that. If the Pats take Quinn, Jones or Peterson I think my balls may blow Ive jizzed that much

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thoughts on Scott's new mock? I'd jizz in my pants if it really played out like that...
Carimi, Heyward, Ryan Williams, Houston, Hankerson and Moffit

(#28 traded to Tennessee for their 2nd)

Carimi at RT, kick Sbass to LT and add Moffit to solidify the OL. We get our 5 tech, a pass rushing OLB and good sized WR to get off Revis Island
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:44 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
thoughts on Scott's new mock? I'd jizz in my pants if it really played out like that...
Carimi, Heyward, Ryan Williams, Houston, Hankerson and Moffit

(#28 traded to Tennessee for their 2nd)

Carimi at RT, kick Sbass to LT and add Moffit to solidify the OL. We get our 5 tech, a pass rushing OLB and good sized WR to get off Revis Island
I do like that mock. Not sold on Houston though personally. Im starting to come around to Ryan Williams in the second to be honest

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:55 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That mock would definitely make me happy.

Trade talks with Cleveland, eh? C'mon AJ Green!!

Old 04-28-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

I'm almost scared it's a WR. We've had **** luck with WRs.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
That mock would definitely make me happy.

Trade talks with Cleveland, eh? C'mon AJ Green!!
C'mon Robert Quinn!

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcell Dareus?
Old 04-28-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

I kind of want Patrick Peterson just to see the look on people's faces when they get the best player in this draft. :D
Old 04-28-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Marcell Dareus?
He may go top 3. My guess is 2nd. I doubt he'll be available. Plus, I don't think the premium is worth it to get him over Cam Jordan.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I kind of want Patrick Peterson just to see the look on people's faces when they get the best player in this draft. :D

I would have called it a long time ago! It won't happen.... but good god, that would be interesting.

It's hard to sort through just how much of this smoke about trading up is true and how much of it isn't. I'm not sure I buy the Cleveland rumors because of just how many spots that would be...but we've got to remember that this is a real funny, chaotic year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see this happening. Quinn is a projection which all but takes him off the Pat's board unless he slips, a WR doesn't offer positional value. Peterson? Maybe but seems unlikely and the difference between Jordan and Wilkerson probably isn't that great (just guessing though.)

More likely we trade 17 for a 2 this year and a 1 next, then trade up from 28 to get .. .somebody :)
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Similar rumors last year had us all guessing if we were moving up for BJ Raji or Tyson Jackson.

So, based on history, this rumor clearly means we will trade right out of round one.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehh.....I'm not so sure about that. Those were far less substantial, IMO. More of media inventions. Seem to be some meat to this one. Not saying it makes it anymore likely, but this seems to read a little bit differently.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I hope so. I want Jordan to be the pick. Julio is still my dark horse pick if we do move up to 9, though.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

I wanted him first :(
Old 04-28-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good God! I'd blow my load if Scotts mock came true!!!
I like Houston. Wouldnt mind him at 28

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Not true. I was on Jordan before everyone else in the team board. DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE!

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Good God! I'd blow my load if Scotts mock came true!!!
I like Houston. Wouldnt mind him at 28
Ehhh. I could do without a stiff pass rusher.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm through with Houston too. I really don't like some of things that are coming out of scouts mouths about him. Potential free-fall candidate there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Nandoss
Rookie

Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.

If Scott's mock were to happen I'd be extremely happy. Getting Houston at 60 would be great. I rank the pass rushers Miller, Smith, Quinn, Kerrigan and Houston. I'd take Houston at 33 or even 28. Love Heyward, Carimi, Hankerson and Moffitt. I think that's the first mock I've seen that pleases me completely. Won't happen probably but it doesn't cost to dream.

It's hard to tell what is true at this point, we'll just have to wait and see. I would love if we moved up for Smith, the more I watch his tape the more I see what kind of production he may have in the NFL, he has huge upside.
I'm not sure if Peterson or Green would fall to 6 but would love to have either of them. If they move up for Jordan or Julio Jones I think will be a waste. Both would improve our team but are not worth the trade.

I love the draft. I'm so excited it's almost time. If it weren't for the draft I would've completely shut down NFL from my life until I heard they were playing games. The labor issue is the worst thing that could happen to the NFL and its players. I hope they lose money because of it and learn to be more comprehensive with each other in future negotiations.
Nandoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to get excited about trading up, but I'll believe it when I see it haha. ESPN just debunked some of those rumors and said that the talks are now that the Pats arent even interested enough in any of the five technique guys that even if one falls to 17 they wont pick him. So sad. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote