Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 09-23-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Gronkowski was cut today. Short lived reunion for the Gronkowski brothers. Garrett Mills may get signed to play for Hernandez
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also SeaBass is out for Sunday's game too.

On offense I'd like to see them establish the run, of course I always want them to do that. Also, with Hernandez out I'd like to see some Taylor Price if he's active. As good as our offense has been Solder, Price, and Ridley are the wildcards which could make this unit even better. These early weeks are a great opportunity to see what they can do with the first unit.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really starting to worry about this game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Dan Gronkowski was cut today. Short lived reunion for the Gronkowski brothers. Garrett Mills may get signed to play for Hernandez
Am I the only one hoping for Alge Crumpler? Anyways, I'm not concerned with this game. We're hurting, but I think we have some depth still. The Bills have no depth, so I still feel good about this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Those are two very big surprised. I thought Dan had been doing a very good job blocking. Might be a move to get another O-Linemen in for the week. But going into the game with one tight end? Doesn't seem right. Especially with Seabass out, forcing Solder into the starting role. Garrett Mills doesn't do anything for me as a possible replacement for Hernandez either, I would prefer going into the action as the roster stood. This is just real weird stuff.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DGronk was doing a good job blocking, but he was also drawing a lot of flags. I was hoping he'd stick because I actually think he's got good potential as a receiver as well as a blocker. Too bad. Hoping the Chiefs pick up DGronk now because they really need him.

I'd be happy bringing Alge back. I'd also be happy with Garrett Mills. Win-win.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really have a feeling that DGronk was cut because of injuries and will be back when healthy if he isn't picked up by someone else.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ross Ventrone signed to the active roster...

Patriots confirm they will be targeting a safety in round 1 of the NFL draft.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Ross Ventrone signed to the active roster...

Patriots confirm they will be targeting a safety in round 1 of the NFL draft.
No way. They have a major need at safety and at OC, so they'll obviously take a pass rusher this year when we don't expect it.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pass rusher is the only one they really avoid in the draft... But in a 4-3 I think even that will change. If there's a legit safety available in the first, that's probably their guy. The only thing holding that back is the need at safety for this defense is at the bigger safety spot. I like Sergio Brown a lot and I think the Pats do too.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Robert Lester :D (Safety, Alabama... 6'2", 210)
Old 09-25-2011, 12:42 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else have a bad feeling about today's game?

I think the Pats may play a lot of 3-3-5 to try and combat some of the injuries up front as well as trying to matchup with Buffalo's offense. Fred Jackson may have a great day against our front later.

I don't necessarily worry about the offense without Hernandez and think we may see some more of Ridley and Vereen than we have. But it's probably going to have to be a shootout again and I'd really prefer we started to shut teams out on defense.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really have little to no faith in our defense, sure we forced key turnovers against San Diego but it wasn't pretty by any means

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm terrified about this game.
All the injuries are starting to stack up. They're going to take their toll on the team.
Only 3 DTs? I expect to see S.Ellis playing inside this game with Cunningham play end when he does.
Maybe playing some 2-4-5 as our sub package w/ Ellis and Wilfork as the down lineman and our 34 linebacking crew as the LBs. (Ninko,Spikes/Fletcher,Mayo,Cunningham)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:55 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I really have little to no faith in our defense, sure we forced key turnovers against San Diego but it wasn't pretty by any means
Yeah I don't really have any faith in it either, but I don't understand why because on paper it looks like it should be good. The personnel is pretty good with Wilfork, Haynesworth, Mayo, McCourty, and Chung all of whom are in the top 15 of their positions. Plus Bodden, Carter, and Ellis are nothing to scoff at either. It's just a matter of everyone playing consistently and putting it together on the field.

I really think BB just has no idea how to coach defense now with the implementation of the new rules. In the past his defense was all about disrupting timing by basically mugging receivers off the line and confusing QB's with a lot of LB movement. Now QB's can basically snap the ball knowing exactly where their WR's are going to be when which keeps them from holding onto the ball and looking for their secondary reads which is where plays fail. Since BB has no idea what to do he just plays so vanilla whereas the good defenses: Jets, Ravens, Steelers attack all game.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm worried. Haynesworth is out today with a back injury....which is kind of strange considering he practiced. We don't have many defensive linemen at all today. Bills have been very good at running the ball this year, watch out for that early.

....that's in addition to the Chung being ruled out. Tough week for that stuff really.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-25-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Dowling is inactive too!

WTF is this?
Old 09-25-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Can you say trap game?

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-25-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

This is going to be a ridiculously hard game for us today.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-25-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Yup, huge trap game.

2 competent DB's and 1 competent DT against an offense that is really feeling it right now. Brady better be sharp.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

It's all about stopping the run today, for me. I'm comfortable getting into a shootout with Buffalo. What we can't have happen is a slow paced game where they possess the ball.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-25-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game basically comes down to Brady vs. Fitzpatrick. My money's on Brady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:15 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

"My QB is better than your QB" doesn't really work if you can't get yours on the field. We've got injuries on key positions on defense and the Bills have five legitimate guys to throw to who can move the chains. That's not even mentioning the fact that they have the leading rusher in the NFL right now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-25-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

It's going to suck but I really have a feeling Brady may throw for 500 yards because the defense will be run through like swiss cheese.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

McCourty gave up 85 yards to Steve Johnson in the first half.

R.I.P. Junior Seau