Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 09-26-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Are you guys excited for Denarius Moore on our secondary? I golly well know I am!
At least we have Devin McCourty to shut him down. . .
Old 09-26-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots give up 7.1 yards per play, worst in the NFL. 468 yards per game, worst in the NFL by 40 yards.

9 yards per passing attempt, 31st in the NFL [the Panthers are worse at 9.7 ypa].

4.3 yards per carry, 21st in the NFL.

43% conversion on 3rd down, 24th in the NFL.

Most 4th down attempts converted and Most 4th down attempts. (No one respects this defense)

2nd in Defensive Interceptions. 23rd in forced fumbles. 11th in passes deflected/defended.

-----------

Good news is that maybe the Patriots will run the ball this week as Oakland blows at stopping the run but has a very good pass defense. . .
Old 09-26-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not even going to refer to us as having a bad pass rush, or a terrible pass rush, because at the end of the day, we have NO pass rush. Did we even get a sack on Sunday? And while that does suck, I think Brady's four interceptions were far worse than anything else we did or didn't do Sunday. Our defense can't overcome something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we officially have the worst defense in the NFL, yeah. I'm OK with that. We get to call it what it is right now. This is inexcusable and is something that we've been calling to get fixed for years and just hasn't yet. I understand we've made moves to try to fix it...but they just haven't come through yet. If we play defense like this and can't run the ball when it matters, we don't win another championship. It's as simple as that. I really hope the front offense isn't content with that either.

But yeah, this is bad and it's been building to this point for years. We could really, really use a true elite player in our front seven. We don't have one right now. All of the teams that play effective defense in the NFL do.

Really hope we turn it around on that side of the ball and we should get better...but I don't think we're good enough.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Using the Belichick logic, we have the 6th worse defense in the NFL. (We've given up the 6th most points)
Old 09-26-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you guys excited for Denarius Moore on our secondary? I golly well know I am!
Gotta do what Cromartie did- Hold, grab and push. Ok, it wasn't that effective.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stopping the Bills' passing game was more about coverage than anything yesterday. Pass rushers weren't going to help anything. Not having Pryor was pretty big for pass rushing as he generates a lot of pressure in the middle, which is more important than generating from the edge if you want to disrupt a passing game.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Gotta do what Cromartie did- Hold, grab and push. Ok, it wasn't that effective.
Maybe Chad can improve his acting career by getting some PIs against Cro.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:48 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

I was walking around campus today and must have seen 10 times as many Bills shirts today as normal.

It's like they won the Super Bowl or something.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I was walking around campus today and must have seen 10 times as many Bills shirts today as normal.

It's like they won the Super Bowl or something.
Agreed. I was on the campus bus and a ******* guy wearing a Bills jersey/hat sat right next to me. I wanted to strangle him

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
monson
Rookie

monson hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.monson hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am going to disagree. I think Mayo and Wilfork are elite..... I agree that an elite player on the edge or outside is needed.
monson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said before this season (and last season) that we're an elite pass rusher away from having an elite defense. I stand by that. That being said, people aren't playing up the their usual level this year. Wilfork is beasting it, but Mayo and McCourty have been disappointing. Chung has looked good when on the field, but I'm worried about his history with injuries. He has a reckless playing style and he doesn't have the physical makeup to withstand that kind of punishment. Bodden hasn't looked to good either, but I'm going to give him a bit of time to get used to the speed of the game before I'm going to lynch him here. Let's not forget that we had a lot of injuries on defense going into the Bills game, we turned the ball over four (!!!!) times and we still only lost by one score. Let's not get too upset about this humiliating defeat. We sucked on sunday, but hopefully the team will respond well taking this as a wakeup call and start getting their head in the games.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monson View Post
I am going to disagree. I think Mayo and Wilfork are elite..... I agree that an elite player on the edge or outside is needed.
Wilfork I can buy. But the thing about nose tackles is that they're best used to make the people around them better. Wilfork just doesn't have the athletic ability to make the plays himself; he sets up guys to do that. It doesn't work if you don't have guys around him who can finish and make plays.

I just don't think Mayo is an impact player. He's a guy who wracks up a lot of tackles without having a dramatic effect on the game either way. Nice player to have to compliment a defense, but he's not a Ray Lewis or a Patrick Willis type and we're asking him to be. The 4-3 was supposed to set Mayo loose and allow him to make plays. If anything, he's disappeared in this scheme. He had a very good game against the Chargers, but he's not capable of doing that every week.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-28-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have we traded for Mario Williams yet?

Old 09-28-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Finally Over!

http://deadspin.com/5844720/holy-***...y-cut-his-hair
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Championship signed sealed and delivered.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-29-2011, 03:41 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Championship signed sealed and delivered.
No, don't you remember Samson loses his power when he cuts his hair. You might be looking at Luck this draft...

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
No, don't you remember Samson loses his power when he cuts his hair. You might be looking at Luck this draft...
If he Luck can play defensive end as well as he plays quarterback, we'll take it haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-29-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If he Luck can play defensive end as well as he plays quarterback, we'll take it haha.
Or just take him to trade for several defensive ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
The fact that Campbell draws a roughing the passer penalty 1.46 times for every 100 passes while Tom Brady draws a roughing the passer penalty 0.16 times for every 100 passes probably means that Brady is getting the ball away before the defense even gets close to him, while Campbell is frequently throwing under intense pressure. It would be much more useful to analyze penalties per hit than penalties per pass.
From PFT. 10 chars
Old 09-29-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Bingo!!!!!

Old 09-30-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Devin McCourty - 36 targets, 24 receptions (66%), 378 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 129.2 QB rating
Ras-I Dowling - 7 targets, 3 receptions (42.9%), 74 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 81.8 QB rating
Kyle Arrington - 13 targets, 5 receptions (38.5%), 79 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT, 19.9 QB rating
Leigh Bodden - 16 targets, 10 receptions (62.5%), 176 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 120.8 QB rating
Yikes. I think this confirms fans suspicion.

edit: Not one of them averages under 6 yards per attempt.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I'll take Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen plus your first rounder please. Thank you, come again.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KYLE ARRINGTON = UNSTOPABLLLLEEEE

Seriously though the man to man experiment isn't working, especially with our poor safety play this year. I don't know why our corners are so continuously being matched up 1-on-1 on the outside because it's not like we're blitzing or anything. If McCourty regains his form than I'm ok with leaving him 1-on-1, but he's struggling right now and needs some help. I don't get the logic of leaving Bodden isolated on the outside though. The M.O. on him when he got here was that he'd be better here than he was in Detroit because he struggles in man coverage. He was good his first year here in zone, but now he's back in man and is struggling. I think if we're going to do man coverage we need Dowling to get healthy fast.

I'd like to see them run more zone coverage because as bad as it was last year. They weren't allowing anywhere near the kind of big plays they are now. They're trying to be like the Jets without the personnel or the blitz packages the Jets run and it's killing them right now.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I hate zone coverage, especially the way we play it...but you're probably right. As it stands right now, we have to stop allowing the big play. Something has to really, really change for this defense or we're going to have a tough time getting through the division, much less the playoffs.

R.I.P. Junior Seau