Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 11-14-2011, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-I was pretty stoked to see us get pressure with a 4-man rush.
-M.Anderson and A.Carter were magical. Can they keep this production up? I don't expect 4 sack games on the regular but constant pressure would be nice.
-Brady was off still a bit (missed a TD pass to Woody in the corner)
but he's pocket awareness was as good as I've seen it in years. Amazing.
-85 with 2 receptions. Good to see. (His first reception came off some sick route running. Cromartie was by himself searching for 85. It was funny to watch)
-Ninkovich played pretty well. (Sweet break on the ball on his 2nd INT)

-How's Chung and McCourty? (injury wise)
-Ihedigbo in coverage makes me cry. (and that's compared to the rest of that secondary)
-S.Ellis... What exactly is he doing? I want to see more M.Anderson.
-Run the mother-effin' ball!
-Cannon going on IR or being activated soon?
-This the last year for Branch on the roster?
-Is it me or has Wilfork regressed a bit in the 43? He's not bad by anymeans but I don't see him collapsing the pocket as much and seems to taken out a plays a lot with basic double teams. Could he be fatiguing due to the number of snaps he plays/game? I saw even Haynesworth pushing two lineman back and collapsing the pocket... not sure why I don't see it more out of Wilfork's Island (Anyone see he almost had his 3rd pick of the season off a tip at the LOS?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
http://boston.sbnation.com/new-engla...riots-nfl-news

I have to admit that I laughed at this, but don't believe it.
haha, I believe it, haha (Remember him yelling at D.Mason in game? haha)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last night's effort was spectacular from the D. It looked to me like a huge "pride" game where they responded to several weeks of being trashed by any talking head with any kind of media outlet.

I have a hard time buying this effort & result as a weekly occurance. However, if they can string a few good games together we will quickly hit December and I'll be a lot more likely to believe.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any concern for a possible elbow injury for Tom? I can't remember who said it but I saw on Twitter that accuracy for a quarterback comes from the elbow while the shoulder generates the velocity. That could explain part of the drop off in the passing game.
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some sort of injury might explain it. That would be preferable, honestly.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
I saw on Twitter that accuracy for a quarterback comes from the elbow
It comes primarily from the footwork, hip rotation, and general mechanics.

If you are throwing on the run, then you could argue that it comes from the elbow.

edit: McCourty's injury is rumored to be a separated shoulder which could have him out for a while. Chung - IDK.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I'm not worried. The offense just really hasn't been in rhythm in general. I think a lot of Brady's accuracy concerns as of late have to do with defenses being able to disrupt the timing(and effectiveness) or Branch and Welker. We've also run into some teams who can get after the passer. Really think that with a few down the field plays(which we got yesterday), that would improve the timing routes and ultimately lead to Brady looking less gun shy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Howe (Patriots beat writer for NESN) said Belichick confirmed that Cannon is getting moved to the active roster today!

http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/bill-bel...ve-roster.html
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Awesome news for Cannon. He must be thrilled after his last 8 months.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news about Cannon although with how Waters has been playing I don't want to see Cannon on the field this year. But definitely a great sign for him and the team going forward.

Oh and by the way, the Patriots defense is now exactly average by the most important stat. At 22.2 points per game(same as the vaunted Jets defense) they rank 16th and in the last 6 games have given up on average 20.16 which would be good for 10th.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Our D can limp on into December where I'll be much more inclined to believe in the Belichick Mystique again.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't expect this defense to be ranked in the middle in any category this year tbh. I'm pretty sure that it's in part caused by the offense which has put up a lot of points and forced a "2007 effect". Anyways, I'll take whatever I can get these days. I need to see more from the defense before I start believing in anything. I'm sure the remaining part of the schedule will do a lot to infuse some confidence in the team, but on the other hand I'm scared that this soft schedule will mean an early exit for us in the playoffs once again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm not bringing this up to say "hey look our defense doesn't suck" because it really does. The eye test is the best way to decipher if a team is good or not. However the doom and gloom going around by an awful lot of people is completely wrong about this defense. They struggle to stop teams going up and down the field on them but they don't kill the team by giving up huge scoring plays. And it should only get better.

Our defense plays the Tylor Palko led Chiefs, the Tim Tebow led Broncos, the Rex Grossman led Redskins, the Matt Moore led Dolphins and the Curtis Painter/Dan Orlovsky led Colts. Plus Ryan Fitzpatrick has really regressed in the last few weeks. The only above average QB they still play is Vick and he could be good Vick or bad Vick.

To put it simply, I would be very surprised if they finished lower than 25th in the NFL for passing yards allowed and should be close to top ten for points allowed.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The defense has been bad, but it's been against good teams.

I can't blame them for not looking totally amazing given the competition.

Everyone gets a chance to play good and bad teams.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The defense has been bad, but it's been against good teams.

I can't blame them for not looking totally amazing given the competition.

Everyone gets a chance to play good and bad teams.
Yeah Fitzpatrick on his hot streak with the Bills, the Cowboys, the Giants, the Steelers and the Chargers. All those teams can pass the ball on pretty much anybody. The only disappointing weeks passing wise were the Dolphins in week one and both games against NYJ. But even though they gave up 309yds to Sanchez on Sunday they stood up when it mattered and played prevent most of the fourth quarter allowing the underneath stuff.

McCourty has been poor this year and clearly Ihedigbo and Sterling Moore shouldn't be starting for anyone, but it really hasn't been as bad as people in the media and on here have been making out.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think that McCourty has bounced back pretty well after we switched back to more zone coverage. It was pretty obvious that we don't have the personnel for man coverage despite the fact that McCourty looked very good in man last year. Arrington has also looked pretty good in zone eve on the outside. I still want another corner though, hopefully someone like Hosley falls come april.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I actually think that McCourty has bounced back pretty well after we switched back to more zone coverage. It was pretty obvious that we don't have the personnel for man coverage despite the fact that McCourty looked very good in man last year. Arrington has also looked pretty good in zone eve on the outside. I still want another corner though, hopefully someone like Hosley falls come april.
Against the Jets before he got hurt he looked a little shaky. I think it was the first play of the game, but it appeared he had very good coverage on Holmes until Holmes stopped on his comeback route and McCourty got turned around and gave up the easy completion. He has great make up speed to close on plays and not give up huge plays but his technique on either in or out breaking routes has been suspect. I'd prefer to see him play more physical as well

Old 11-15-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Yeah, he didn't look like he had good awareness on that play. But his overall play has improved a lot since the first four games or so. The again, it couldn't get much worse I suspect...

Quote:
Old 11-15-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's Tyler Palko, but Baldwin & Bowe worry the crap out of me this week. If the Pats can't get pressure and the Chiefs aren't ******* stupid with their gameplan, things could get rough. Granted, I think the Chiefs will be too scared to pull out all the stops and abuse the CLEAR advantage they have (as they've done the past 3 weeks)...
Old 11-15-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Under rated performers so far?

Kyle Arrington and Brian Waters come to mind.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Waters has been awesome. He's so much better as a RG than LG.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I know it's Tyler Palko, but Baldwin & Bowe worry the crap out of me this week. If the Pats can't get pressure and the Chiefs aren't ******* stupid with their gameplan, things could get rough. Granted, I think the Chiefs will be too scared to pull out all the stops and abuse the CLEAR advantage they have (as they've done the past 3 weeks)...
They lost to the Dolphins, I think were all set lol. And I'm not one for looking past teams either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

The Chiefs shouldn't be able to run the ball. If Haley is happy putting it all on Palko to throw 30+ times then I'm all for it.

The Chiefs defense doesn't scare me either. They have 9 sacks all year. If we can stop Hali then nobody else is much of a worry. Brady should have time to cut them apart. I'm honestly expecting a pretty easy win and I seldom think that coming up to games.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles released Jarred Page. It'll be interesting to see if we pick him up (given our safety situation it would seem a no brainer.) As for the Chiefs game, no game is a gimme but here's hoping it's over by the half :)

Completely unrelated but love this write up about Gronkowsi:

The Jets have some of the best linebackers and cornerbacks in the league, but they really struggle to cover Gronkowski. How bad of a mismatch was Gronkowski? The Jets actually moved Darrelle Revis off of Wes Welker to cover Gronkowski at times during the second half. The only other tight end in the league that Revis sees reps against is Antonio Gates. Gronkowski was 8-of-11 for 113 yards with two touchdowns, and if not for a stray footstep in the end zone, it would have been three. What he's doing as a red zone threat is unprecedented; teams know the Patriots are going to go to him and still don't seem to have a prayer of stopping him. Gronkowski is now two touchdowns away from becoming just the second tight end in NFL history to score 10 or more touchdowns in back-to-back seasons, a distinction he will also solely share with Gates. And keep in mind that no tight end has ever been able to score more than 10 touchdowns in a season more than three times in his career. Gronkowski's about to do it twice in his first two seasons. This could be the best tight end ever, folks.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard that Page has been awful this year, but I'd welcome any safety help at this point.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I heard that Page has been awful this year, but I'd welcome any safety help at this point.
What does Sterling Moore not do it for you?

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote