Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 12-07-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
...are we sure about that? I believe that he hasn't dropped many this year, but I seem to recall a few that he got his hands on that he wasn't able to pull in.
Was just confirmed on ESPN's 'Number never lie' show.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots are now offering the single best prize pack I've ever seen. If you go to their website right now, you can register to win tickets for you and up to 4 friends to go to Foxborough to play DB in the next game.

Oh, and Kyle Arrington was just announced on the injury list.

Quote:
...are we sure about that? I believe that he hasn't dropped many this year, but I seem to recall a few that he got his hands on that he wasn't able to pull in.
Drops are very unofficial. What you count as a drop may not be to someone else.

Though, I am still having a hard time believing that he has 0 drops.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Posted this in the Discussion Thread, but whatevs. I could be wrong, but this feels like a trap game to me. Our offensive line play in recent weeks has been less than stellar, especially in the first few drives of the game. Washington has the personnel on defense to exploit that. Shanahan has also really had BB's number over the years. The Redskins are wounded between injuries and suspensions, but there's going to be another game this year where our defense just flat out let's us down again and Washington can still play defense.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Especially need to worry because we have to prepare for Tim Tebow soon.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we get beat by Tebow I will rage. I mean the Broncos are consistently the one team we struggle with anyway, but seriously we should not lose to a team led by Tebow, no matter how well their defense is playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:44 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Tebow /passing/ 250-300 yards. lol.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Decided to look through our past decade drafts to really see if we've been doing good (as some in the media keep preaching) or not good (as some of us have screamed lol)

A+ 1.06 DL Richard Seymour Georgia
A 2.17 OL Matt Light Purdue
F 3.24 DB Brock Williams Notre Dame
C 4.01 OL Kenyatta Jones South Florida
F 4.24 TE Jabari Holloway Notre Dame
F 5.32 LB Hakim Akbar Washington
F 6.17 TE Arthur Love South Carolina State
F 6.37 DB Leonard Myers Miami
F 7.16 K Owen Pochman Brigham Young
F 7.39 LB T.J. Turner Michigan State

A 1.21 TE Daniel Graham Colorado
A 2.33 WR Deion Branch Louisville
D 4.19 QB Rohan Davey Louisiana State
C 4.28 DL Jarvis Green Louisiana State
F 7.26 RB Antwoine Womack Virginia
A 7.42 WR David Givens Notre Dame

A 1.13 DL Ty Warren Texas A&M
B 2.04 DB Eugene Wilson Illinois
C 2.13 WR Bethel Johnson Texas A&M
C 4.20 DL Dan Klecko Temple
A 4.23 DB Asante Samuel Central Florida
A+ 5.29 OL Dan Koppen Boston College
E 6.28 QB Kliff Kingsbury Texas Tech
F 7.20 TE Spencer Nead Brigham Young
C 7.25 LB Tully Banta-Cain California
F 7.29 DL Ethan Kelley Baylor

A+ 1.21 DL Vince Wilfork Miami
C 1.32 TE Ben Watson Georgia
F 2.31 DL Marquise Hill Louisiana State
F 3.32 DB Guss Scott Florida
E 4.17 DB Dexter Reid North Carolina
E 4.32 RB Cedric Cobbs Arkansas
E 5.32 WR P.K. Sam Florida State
F 7.32 DB Christian Morton Illinois

A+ 1.32 OL Logan Mankins Fresno State
D 3.20 DB Ellis Hobbs Iowa State
B 3.37 OL Nick Kaczur Toledo
B 4.32 DB James Sanders Fresno State
F 5.34 LB Ryan Claridge Nevada-Las Vegas
A 7.16 QB Matt Cassel Southern California
F 7.41 TE Andy Stokes

F 1.21 RB Laurence Maroney Minnesota
F 2.04 WR Chad Jackson Florida
D 3.22 TE David Thomas Texas
E 4.09 TE Garrett Mills Tulsa
A 4.21 K Stephen Gostkowski
D 5.03 OL Ryan O'Callaghan
F 6.22 DL Jeremy Mincey
F 6.36 OL Dan Stevenson
F 6.37 DL Le Kevin Smith
E 7.21 DB Willie Andrews Baylor

C 1.24 DB Brandon Meriweather Miami
F 4.28 DL Kareem Brown Miami
F 5.34 OL Clint Oldenburg Colorado State
F 6.06 LB Justin Rogers Southern Methodist
E 6.28 DB Mike Richardson Notre Dame
F 6.34 RB Justise Hairston Central Connecticut
F 6.35 OL Corey Hilliard Oklahoma State
F 7.01 LB Oscar Lua Southern California
F 7.37 OL Mike Elgin Iowa

A 1.10 LB Jerod Mayo Tennessee
F 2.31 DB Terrence Wheatley Colorado
F 3.15 LB Shawn Crable Michigan
F 3.31 QB Kevin O'Connell San Diego State
D 4.30 DB Jonathan Wilhite Auburn
B 5.18 WR Matt Slater UCLA
F 6.31 LB Bo Ruud Nebraska

B 2.02 DB Patrick Chung Oregon
D 2.08 DL Ron Brace Boston College
F 2.09 DB Darius Butler Connecticut
A 2.26 OL Sebastian Vollmer Houston
F 3.19 WR Brandon Tate North Carolina
F 3.33 LB Tyrone McKenzie South Florida
F 4.23 OL Rich Ohrnberger Penn State
F 5.34 OL George Bussey Louisville
F 6.25 LS Jake Ingram Hawaii
F 6.34 DL Myron Pryor Kentucky
A 7.23 WR Julian Edelman Kent State
F 7.25 DL Darryl Richard Georgia Tech

2010 (tentative)
A 1.27 DB Devin McCourty Rutgers
A+ 2.10 TE Rob Gronkowski Arizona
F 2.21 LB Jermaine Cunningham Florida
B 2.30 LB Brandon Spikes Florida
F 3.26 WR Taylor Price Ohio from DAL
B 4.15 TE Aaron Hernandez Florida
A 5.19 P Zoltan Mesko Michigan
E 6.36 OL Ted Larsen North Carolina State
E 7.01 OL Thomas Welch Vanderbilt
D 7.40 DL Brandon Deaderick Alabama
F 7.41 DL Kade Weston Georgia
F 7.43 QB Zac Robinson Oklahoma State

2011 (very tentative)
A 1.17 OL Nate Solder Colorado
I 2.01 DB Ras-I Dowling Virginia
I 2.24 RB Shane Vereen California
B 3.09 RB Stevan Ridley Louisiana State
I 3.10 QB Ryan Mallett Arkansas
I 5.07 OL Marcus Cannon Texas Christian
F 5.28 TE Lee Smith Marshall
I 6.29 LB Markell Carter Central Arkansas
F 7.16 DB Malcolm Williams Texas Christian

06 07 08 are absolutely atrocious. Probably cost us a SB with those poor draft years.

Things are looking up a bit recently, but we have certainly had a bad stretch.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 12-09-2011, 07:25 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good work going through the previous drafts but I have to seriously disagree with some of your grading

Firstly, im of the opinion that you can't grade 6th and 7th rounders who didn't pan out as Fs, but that's just me.

Secondly for a 7th rounder TBC should be at least a B

Myron Pryor an F??? Seriously? He's been great when healthy. Probably a B- with all things considered.

Deaderick should also receive a higher grade IMO. A 7th rounder who is a big part of the DT rotation.

Cunningham had a pretty good rookie year but has really regressed this year. Still not enough for me to give him an F though. I would say D.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:07 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Good work going through the previous drafts but I have to seriously disagree with some of your grading

Firstly, im of the opinion that you can't grade 6th and 7th rounders who didn't pan out as Fs, but that's just me.

Secondly for a 7th rounder TBC should be at least a B

Myron Pryor an F??? Seriously? He's been great when healthy. Probably a B- with all things considered.

Deaderick should also receive a higher grade IMO. A 7th rounder who is a big part of the DT rotation.

Cunningham had a pretty good rookie year but has really regressed this year. Still not enough for me to give him an F though. I would say D.
Yeah I agree with you about TBC Pryor and Deaderick, I must've been going through it too fast. Still the results are very poor for some years. I would like to see some other teams looked at in this manner to to see how we measure up.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 12-09-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also think Ellis Hobbs can't be a D player either. He was an adequate #2 guy for about 4 years here. If the Pats drafted more guys like Ellis Hobbs in the 2nd-3rd round recently they'd be in much better shape. Hobbs for all of his flaws is significantly better than Ron Brace, Darius Butler, Terrence Wheatley, Kevin O'Connell, Shawn Crable, Tyrone McKenzie, Brandon Tate, Taylor Price, Chad Jackson, and David Thomas.

Also, that 2005 class was one of the few times we got value all the way through. Perfect example of what a Belichick draft should look like. Unfortunately they don't :(.

One last note. David Givens was a boss. I'd still take him over Deion Branch any day of the week.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I also think Ellis Hobbs can't be a D player either. He was an adequate #2 guy for about 4 years here. If the Pats drafted more guys like Ellis Hobbs in the 2nd-3rd round recently they'd be in much better shape. Hobbs for all of his flaws is significantly better than Ron Brace, Darius Butler, Terrence Wheatley, Kevin O'Connell, Shawn Crable, Tyrone McKenzie, Brandon Tate, Taylor Price, Chad Jackson, and David Thomas.

Also, that 2005 class was one of the few times we got value all the way through. Perfect example of what a Belichick draft should look like. Unfortunately they don't :(.

One last note. David Givens was a boss. I'd still take him over Deion Branch any day of the week.
Yeah I'll concede on Hobbs, just 2007 sticks in my mind with him lol.
Givens was awesome, I wonder how good he'd have been without the injuries in Tennessee.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 12-09-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Hobbs. He got more than a few letters of apology from the NFL for awful calls against him - a couple of which cost the Pats playoff games.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

For a 7th round pick, Matt Cassel might have been the best draft pick in the group. Maybe Richard Seymour was better, but Seymour was a very high pick.

What I'm saying is if you are taking round into account, Cassel is an A+.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Reiss reported on ESPN Boston/Twitter tonight that Cunningham may not play on Sunday which could lead to a possibility of Markell Carter hitting the active roster. Cunningham could even end up on IR

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Reiss is reporting that Eric Moore is going to sign with the Patriots shortly. As long as we're trying to fix the pass rush I guess I won't be asking for more...

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:56 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Moore. He gets cut from teams because he's ****** in practice, but he always plays like a beast. I've never not been impressed with him in any of his stops around the NFL. It's amazing he can't stick with a team.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's official now. We've released Sterling Moore and placed Cunningham on IR. To replace those two we've signed Eric Moore and promoted Malcolm Williams from the practice squad. I would've preferred to see what we have in Markell Carter to be honest, I'm quite intrigued with his skill set. On the other hand, Moore did play very well for us in december last year and if he can do that again this year we stand a much better chance in the playoffs. Also, I have this theory about BB trying to hide Carter on the practice squad and let him develop. Signing him to the roster means that he would have to clear waivers before we can sign him again (assuming that we'll cut him at some point), a long shot given that he has already passed on at least one chance to play for another team according to Reiss.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Moore fits better in the base nickel defense they've been running out there. Plus, he's experienced with the team and has been productive.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****** field conditions in Washington today after the Army/Navy game. To the point where it could be a factor.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-11-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
****** field conditions in Washington today after the Army/Navy game. To the point where it could be a factor.
The field conditions probably hurt WAS more than NE. Bad field conditions generally hurt DBs more in the short passing game as its harder for them to react to double moves etc. Burner WRs struggle to accelerate but uh I don't think that'll bother us too much.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 12-11-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
The field conditions probably hurt WAS more than NE. Bad field conditions generally hurt DBs more in the short passing game as its harder for them to react to double moves etc. Burner WRs struggle to accelerate but uh I don't think that'll bother us too much.
Are you insinuating that Deion Branch isn't one of the elite deep threats in the NFL? Blasphemy.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I've see the field conditions thing go both ways... but yeah, it favors our style of passing game assuming the receivers can get into their routes.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-11-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

So...McCourty hasn't only been disappointing this year, he's ******* blown.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-11-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Yeah, that was bad. I don't know why, but this year he never turns around his head and locates the ball. Makes me sick to watch..

Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

So, this Rob Gronkowski guy... you think he's going to be a decent TE???