Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 12-21-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We signed Vincent Fuller. Massive upgrade over what we have right now. Not saying much, but you gotta figure it's true haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:16 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Patriots had 1 player, would we be undefeated?

I'd say so. If that guy were Ed Reed. Or maybe Calvin Johnson.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We signed an actual safety. All that matters.

Gimme Megatron! Ed Reed! Ehhhh... I can't decide :(

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Reed, Calvin would be great but our defense needs much more help than our offense does at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
We signed an actual safety. All that matters.

Gimme Megatron! Ed Reed! Ehhhh... I can't decide :(
If they got Reed, Belichick would just be fapping up and down the sideline all game long. Kraft would save money because they wouldn't need white sideline chalk
Old 12-22-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather have Megatron. He would make the Patriots offense unstoppable.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haloti Ngata would probably be my most-desired Patriots addition. Wilfork and Ngata would form an incredibly disruptive defensive line.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
I would rather have Megatron. He would make the Patriots offense unstoppable.
Eh we already had an unstoppable offense in 07 with Moss, and it didn't quite work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Haloti Ngata would probably be my most-desired Patriots addition. Wilfork and Ngata would form an incredibly disruptive defensive line.
Agreed, this would improve everyones play with the push we could get from just these two.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Which is totally why we should draft Dontari Poe.

Seems like Chung could possibly play this week. We could be going with an entirely different pairing of safeties heading into the playoffs. That's nuts if you stop and think about it....but anything different would be a welcome change at this point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-22-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Chung plays this week or next, I will do backflips. Seriously. That would be epic. Get a major fix to the secondary.

I mean, he may not be a a huge upgrade in pass coverage, but at least he wouldn't be a liability in the run defense and can actually make a few plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We could be going with an entirely different pairing of safeties heading into the playoffs. That's nuts if you stop and think about it
Can't really be worse than what they are putting on the field right now.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Which is why I said that haha. Anything is an upgrade over what we have, but it's just weird to think about that. It's not even due to major injuries or anything; we're just still trying to find the right players.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-22-2011, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I'm pretty uneasy going into these last two games. Miami has been playing pretty tough football, and they look like they are capable of running the ball pretty well against us.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-22-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I'm pretty uneasy going into these last two games. Miami has been playing pretty tough football, and they look like they are capable of running the ball pretty well against us.
If the Broncos can't run it on us for more than 1 quarter, the Dolphins surely won't be able to.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we sign Alex Silvestro to the 53 man roster instead of Markell Carter... WTF?? The only way I can justify this is that BB doesn't think he can keep either on the roster and doesn't want Carter to hit the waiver wire... I'd love to see Carter on the field with his athleticism, but he's more of a 3-4 OLB than Silvestro imo...

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
So we sign Alex Silvestro to the 53 man roster instead of Markell Carter... WTF?? The only way I can justify this is that BB doesn't think he can keep either on the roster and doesn't want Carter to hit the waiver wire... I'd love to see Carter on the field with his athleticism, but he's more of a 3-4 OLB than Silvestro imo...
I like Carter's raw athleticism too, but by all accounts he's really green and was never that productive in college either. It could just be a Vince Redd type situation.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Let's be real here; Carter is a lottery ticket that probably won't ever do anything meaningful here and Silvestro is roster filler and a potential special teams guy. Neither of them is someone we should be super excited for until they give us a reason otherwise. I would love for that to happen, but I'm not shocked that we decided to keep Carter in the minor leagues.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-23-2011, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Silvestro will be your best defensive player from here on out.

/end Rutgers homerism

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I like Carter's raw athleticism too, but by all accounts he's really green and was never that productive in college either. It could just be a Vince Redd type situation.
Oh, please don't remind me. Vince Redd, so much potentialzzz..... Anyway, I like Carter quite a lot just because he's been practice player of the week like 6 times and makes more than most on PS. He has elite athleticism and has reportedly bulked up to around 265 lbs without losing any of his burst. Now, I don't know much about him other than what I've read, and I don't know about his strength and if he has any pass rush moves. But we often see that athleticism trumps refinement as a pass rusher, and at this point I'm willing to try just about anything to fix this defense. We don't need a lot of improvement on defense before we have a real shot at the title imo. Hopefully Chung and Spikes will provide a boost.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Two notable things;

-Matt Light hurt himself badly enough today that he will not be playing. While there isn't a huge drop off between he and Solder, it effects our gameplan quite a bit and puts Cannon up against Cameron Wake. I'm more comfortable with Solder handling that one, personally. He did a great job on him earlier in the season.

-Chung is out again.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-24-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Don't want to say I told you so, but once again were going to have trouble with a bottom tier Miami team when were at the top of the AFC. I dont understand why every season this is such a problem.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-24-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

This is ridiculous. The blocking has settled in now that we've decided to prioritize actual blocking rather than situation blocking, but the timing and rhythm on offensive is gone at this point. This defense needs to be put to sleep to. Absolutely horrendous effort on that side of the ball.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-24-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the worst game I've seen in a long time

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

It's a horror show. The worst effort we've put forth in a long time.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-24-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
It's a horror show. The worst effort we've put forth in a long time.
BB better be ******* letting this team have it right now. There is no reason why we should be losing this game 17-0 right now, when were fighting for first seed throughout the playoffs.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-24-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I know we love to glamorize BB, but yelling at players who suck can only do so much. Our offense deserves a chewing out though. The blocking on those first two drives was absolutely brutal and we couldn't get over that...

R.I.P. Junior Seau