Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-28-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...xpert-on-gronk

Obviously espn and all but ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They had another medical expert earlier who was a lot more optimistic. It is what it is. Gronk is more of a stationary target in this game. I wouldn't expect him to be busting 40+ yard plays, but he should be effective as a blocker and as a down field target just because of his size and hands.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That guy's a ******. They're all retards.

They play up this **** because they don't have any other stories that aren't worn out. Then when he does come out and play great (because he's fine), they'll have that story to wear out until their draft season starts.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what the story would be if it weren't Gronk's ankle...
Old 01-29-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Spikes is an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched that on TV, even though there wasn't really much to it. But that was pretty funny. At one point he was positioned directly next to a stern faced Belichick, which accented it all haha. Welker was wearing these funky red pants too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-29-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw the team arrive in Indy. Gronk walking well, albeit with a boot.

This is exciting if not nerve wracking, hideous pink suit notwithstanding :)

How many thought this team would be in the SB this year? I really thought we would struggle to win a playoff game lol.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
Just saw the team arrive in Indy. Gronk walking well, albeit with a boot.

This is exciting if not nerve wracking, hideous pink suit notwithstanding :)

How many thought this team would be in the SB this year? I really thought we would struggle to win a playoff game lol.
Well I did call it haha.
I love the pink suit TBH lol.
I've had a high ankle sprain before and Gronk will play. No chance he's at 100% but if he's needled up and taped well he can be effective.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ankle sprains aren't terrible. I had one earlier this past year. The thing that sucks about them are how easily it is to resprain them, one wrong cut or tackle and it feels like it's sprain again.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't a "high ankle sprain" more of a knee thing, though?
Old 01-30-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a high ankle sprain.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Welker's red pants and blue jacket...

Tiquan Underwood...

Last edited by descendency : 01-30-2012 at 01:16 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Word is Vollmer could play in the Super Bowl. I certainly wouldn't start him and potentially create some communication problems, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to having the flexibility to use him in certain situations.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-30-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Word is Vollmer could play in the Super Bowl. I certainly wouldn't start him and potentially create some communication problems, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to having the flexibility to use him in certain situations.
I like the thought of having him back in case Solder has some problems with Tuck. I feel like a healthy Vollmer is a great matchup physically vs. Tuck, but unfortunately he's not back to 100%.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

Don't forget the MOLEST-stache

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

High ankle sprains can go either way (this is not from someone with a medical background but rather a [frequent] history of ankle sprains and other injuries). They can be mild and back in a week or 2, or they can be more serious and take upwards of 2 months to get back to normal. He does have world class trainers and training facilities to help, but only time will tell.

Personally, I think there is no way he does not play if he was walking in a boot like that. The real question is how effective he will be, but Gronk is a big happy go lucky kind of guy, and to me seems like the kind of player who can play through almost anything.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

A few thoughts:
* Nate Solder and Sebastian Vollmer both played TE in college before converting to LT. Both could be goal line threats.
* Ochocinco is criticized for only having 15 catches, but where has Deion Branch been lately?
* If NE wants to win, they need to do 3 things better: effectively use their outside receivers, run the ball, and play better zone pass defense.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Don't forget Welker. Welker started the season out blazing, but he's been largely ineffective down the stretch. In the past three games, he's averaged about 50 yards for well under 10 a catch and only has one touchdown. He's been a non-factor in a lot of these games and really for what feels like the back half of the year. It's been awhile since he's really gone off and even longer since he's done it in a spot that matters.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-31-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Welker has been that bad? Wow. Kind of surprising. I think that's more about how the outside presence has basically died, though.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't forget Welker. Welker started the season out blazing, but he's been largely ineffective down the stretch. In the past three games, he's averaged about 50 yards for well under 10 a catch and only has one touchdown. He's been a non-factor in a lot of these games and really for what feels like the back half of the year. It's been awhile since he's really gone off and even longer since he's done it in a spot that matters.
I dunno if its fair to blame Welker for a production decrease. Seems to me as Welkers numbers went down, Hern+Gronks went up.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dante Scarnecchia told WEEI that Vollmer will play on Sunday and Gronk didn't have his boot on today at Media Day. Things are looking up
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

America...**** yea
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
Dante Scarnecchia told WEEI that Vollmer will play on Sunday and Gronk didn't have his boot on today at Media Day. Things are looking up
Yeah Gronk said the boot is gone for good, however he also said he doesn't know if he'll play Sunday. I expect him to, but it looks like hes taking the BB approach regarding if he'll play or not. Really hope he is going to be effective because were seriously going to need it.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-31-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Also I really really REALLY hope Brady has read this.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/story/_/...ot-great-think

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-31-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Honestly, the more I've thought about it, the more I'm encouraged by Gronkowski. I've watched the Ravens game a few times now and while we didn't throw to him for the rest of the game, he actually moved pretty well.

The Vollmer news is far and away the biggest nugget out of the useless exercise that is media day. Encouraging to hear that we'll at least have some options and flexibility with regards to the line.

R.I.P. Junior Seau