Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 02-03-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where McCourty plays is the most interesting late week story line for me. You've got to figure that one of Cruz/Nicks will receiver a double team at various times in various looks. I think you can hide(and utilize) Edelman a bit by involving him in one of those. Arrington matches up fairly well on Cruz in the slot, so he could be a part of that. That would sort of force McCourty outside. One matchup I kind of like and am hoping to see is Molden on Manningham. Molden has had his struggles in the quick game, but he's been pretty good at defending those down field passes that Manningham likes to catch.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're right about Manningham but I'm not sure if it will be Molden or Moore on him. I really think he is the one who will see single coverage for most of the game. I think Nicks will see coverage over the top with one of the safeties and I believe they will try to disrupt Cruz at the line and clog the middle of the field. I am hoping for a big game from our defensive line to force quick throws into coverage

I wonder how much BB will use the running game on Sunday. For the Giants to match up to our passing game they will need Boley and Williams on the field at LB and 5 DBs. I like that matchup, particularly if they have their NASCAR front for us to run the ball effectively on traps and draws etc. I would also love to see even a few early screens to Woodhead/Hernandez to get them thinking about it

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 02-03-2012 at 03:10 PM.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently, the NFL is late with their fines this off-season as they haven't fined one Jets player for not showing up to Super Bowl media day...
Old 02-03-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These next two days are going to be ******* excruciating. That's for damn sure. I'm nervous as all hell, but I really just wish it would get here.

I'm very grateful that there's an interesting slate of video games coming out over the next several months. Lessens the blow and allows me to focus on other things if it doesn't go our way haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-03-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Faulk, Deion Branch, Chad Ochocinco, Matt Light, and Shaun Ellis are some guys to watch in this game. I could see any/all retiring after the game so they're gonna leave it all on the line. I can't imagine not starting Shaun Ellis on Sunday.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Branch and Ocho are my two guys. Branch will see a lot of single coverage, probably against Aaron Ross, and that's a match up he can win and have a nice day.

Ocho is more of a hope thing. The talk was always he may not do much to start the season but could be a contributor later on. Well...it doesn't get much later on than this

Old 02-03-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Chad could realistically make contributions in the second half, especially if Gronk swells up and starts feeling it. I don't like that possibility and I would prefer to not have to rely on it, but it's there. As much as I get on the guy, I feel like he could have made a catch or two down the field in the last game that helped. It was there if we had someone who was capable of doing it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-03-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Gronk made it through the walkthrough without a limp. Yo Soy Fiesta.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post

Gronk made it through the walkthrough without a limp. Yo Soy Fiesta.
Bitchin. I love Gronk.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Chad could realistically make contributions in the second half, especially if Gronk swells up and starts feeling it. I don't like that possibility and I would prefer to not have to rely on it, but it's there. As much as I get on the guy, I feel like he could have made a catch or two down the field in the last game that helped. It was there if we had someone who was capable of doing it.
If the patriots can get a few good gains draws and hit a few "deep" balls (behind the corner) to chad in the first part of the game, the Giants might as well bend over the rest of the game.

They pass rush will have to respect the run and the (strong) safety will have to respect the deep ball.

The patriots need to find a way to use their defense to generate a few turnovers. Edelman blitzing is a definitely possibility.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I encourage you all to check out my latest three round mock :)

Feedback would be awesome

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...45#post2848845

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Page not found.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
I encourage you all to check out my latest three round mock :)

Feedback would be awesome

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...45#post2848845
You ****** up the draft order.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 02-04-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Hey I thought I'd come back and ***** and rant again today because it really made me feel better yesterday.

Do you know that the 85 Bears...sorry the 2011 New York Giants are hoping to become the first team ever to win the Superbowl after conceding 400 or more points in the regular season? This elite and amazing defense obviously gave up 58 more points(or nearly 4 points per game average) than the turrrrrible Patriots defense because their awesome offense could score so much.

Points wise throughout the regular season the Giants had a minus 6 differential. The Patriots??? Eh they had an abysmal plus 171 differential. Talk about a crappy offense in Foxboro.

In the postseason the Giants are averaging 27 points per game. The Patriots are averaging 34. Sure the Giants played a very good SF defense but the Pats played an equally good Ravens defense.

Sure defensively the Giants are playing well in the postseason averaging only 13.0 points against. But they Patriots are only averaging 15.0 against.

The vaunted Giants pass rush which is just so damn good that even the best offensive linemen of all time couldn't stop them have 9 sacks in 3 games. Now for those of you without a calculator that works out at 3 sacks per game. The crappy Patriots have 8 sacks in 2 games. That's 4 sacks per game.

Eli Manning is averaging more than 10 yards less per game than Tom Brady despite averaging 6 more attempts in the postseason.

The dominating Giants running game which is apparently back in the postseason is averaging less yards per game and 0.2 yards per carry better than the Patriots seldom used running attack. Oh hold on, surely if the Pats have more yards per game but a slightly worse yards per carry doesn't that mean the Pats run the ball more than the Giants??? Why yes it does but don't let the facts get in the way of the media telling you the Pats are a pass happy team who don't run the ball and the Giants have amazing balance.

So, **** you media!!! **** you right in the ass

Old 02-04-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am ******** my pants nervous. I have been trying to think about other stuff for the past 2 weeks, if we lose i may kill someone. I think I am going to blackout tomorrow because i dont want to remember.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I am soooo nervous for tomorrow too. As you may see from a few of my last posts I have a bit of a thing about how the media are billing this one and part of me thinks "how can they write off the Pats and their extremely potent offense and improving defense so easily?"

Common sense shows that the Giants aren't the world beaters some are making them out to be and the Patriots aren't the scrubs some are making them out to be.

Greg Doyel on CBS basically said when Julian Edelman is matched up all game on Victor Cruz he will get annihilated. Edelman averages something like 12 defensive snaps per game!!! Lazy journalism annoys the **** out of me. But then again there is something to be said about the Giants potential.

The Giants have the potential to rush the passer amazingly. The Giants have the potential to run the ball with success. The Giants have the potential to throw all over our secondary. The Giants have potential to shut down our passing game.

That's what scares the **** out of me. Potentially the Giants are a very bad match up for us. But while everyone talks about Hakeem Nicks and Ahmad Bradshaw out in week 9, the Pats played with a LB corp of Jerod Mayo and his first game back from his knee injury, Tracy White, Rob Ninkovich and Gary Guyton. Albert Haynesworth basically lay down on Brandon Jacobs TD run. Pat Chung was out. Brady was playing hurt. But the Giants won on a last minute play so it's not like they whooped the Patriots' asses.

I'm not exactly full of confidence for tomorrow night but if the Patriots play at their best they will win this game. Regardless of the Giants offense, if Brady and the offense click they can score 40 points on most teams. With better execution they should have scored in the 30s against Baltimore. The Giants aren't Baltimore when it comes to defense.

Last edited by AntoinCD : 02-04-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I was looking back over the last few pages here and I just wanna bring something back up that Cmarq said

The Pats are a more physical offense than the Giants are a defense. Bring in Solder/Vollmer as a TE, have Gronk play in line, flex Hernandez out and have BJGE or Ridley back with Welker outside as well. If they are going to show their NASCAR front and have Boley, Williams and Deon Grant in at LB then ram it down their throat. Hell do that a few times and make them sub Kiwi in and have him try to cover Gronk off play action.

I want to see a lot of physical smash mouth stuff to start with and then come the turn of the first quarter and throughout the second I wanna see no huddle, up tempo kinda stuff and try and wear their pass rushers down. If the offensive line can dominate early then Brady should pick their back 7 apart.

Old 02-04-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I am ******** my pants nervous. I have been trying to think about other stuff for the past 2 weeks, if we lose i may kill someone. I think I am going to blackout tomorrow because i dont want to remember.
Well you know how they say when your with a woman you think about sports. Now when you're thinking about the game you can be destracted by being with a woman. It's only the right thing to do.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Heeeey guys, I admit, I'm a bit nervous too but I got the feeling we got this. So just enjoy the ride haha! This doesn't feel anything like 2007.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 02-04-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Well you know how they say when your with a woman you think about sports. Now when you're thinking about the game you can be destracted by being with a woman. It's only the right thing to do.
QFT. The only reason I didn't tweak out after our 07 loss was due to the fact that I was with a very very attractive girl who was six years older than me at the time. Getting laid was the only thing that kept me sane that night/next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Congrats to the Giants for winning the Super Bowl!

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-04-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Madden, which has been right 7 out of the last 9 times (the two times it failed were Wild Card teams winning, Green Bay over Pitt and NYG over NE), predicted a 3 point win for New York.

:(
Old 02-04-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

The Madden with Peyton Hillis on the cover is doomed to be wrong.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 02-04-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tiquan Underwood got released. Sheesh one day before the SB? That is ******* cold blooded.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
Tiquan Underwood got released. Sheesh one day before the SB? That is ******* cold blooded.
He must've ****** up. Doesn't make sense otherwise.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy