Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 02-12-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I agree with everything you said except with the above.
We got better at getting pressure but we're far from it being a strength.
It was inconsistent and didn't scare anyone.
The reason why we're mocking pass rushers to the Pats still is bc of this fact.
Get M.Williams, retain M.Anderson and sign a starting FS and our D is a strength.
McCourty plays like he played in his rookie year too.
I don't think getting Williams is the most prudent option though. I think this team has fundamental problems covering people, so while signing a guy like Williams is great, those problems don't just go away. Look at the 2010 Texans, they had Mario Williams and had the worst pass defense in the league. I think we could go after a number of guys for far cheaper than Williams who could make an impact. Even getting a guy like Jason Jones who can rush from the inside could improve it just enough to make it SB caliber.

We were a couple of plays away from winning the SB and our needs are obvious. I think the pass rush with the guys we have now is good enough to get it done. However, the secondary is not. We can't afford to pay a top DE contract because it's too expensive especially if we can get 27 sacks out of guys like Carter, Ninkovich, and Anderson. We need a guy who can penetrate inside, but we actually got pretty good play out of our ends last year before Carter got hurt.

In terms of McCourty and Dowling I wouldn't count on them at all for next season. If they can contribute then great, but I'm not hitching my wagon to them. It's just too risky.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Sign Dashon Goldson
I'd rather have a different FA safety or a rookie starter than Dashon Goldson. He's a pure center fielder who has gotten a lot of hype from putting up stats.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Wayne wouldnt mind being a patriot. Id take him if the deal was good.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A good deal for a 33 year old WR with Wayne's talent remaining is a vet minimum 1 year deal.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
A good deal for a 33 year old WR with Wayne's talent remaining is a vet minimum 1 year deal.
Exactly, maybe a bit more.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 02-13-2012, 03:36 AM    (permalink
RLundgaard
Rookie

RLundgaard is a cocksman.RLundgaard is a cocksman.RLundgaard is a cocksman.RLundgaard is a cocksman.RLundgaard is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Exactly, maybe a bit more.
I would not mind signing Wayne for a 2 year deal worth 7mill.. Look at what we just paid #85..

Wayne is a way better WR than #85
RLundgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:50 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see a huge difference in signing Wayne then 85, I have always liked Wayne but it is almost the same signing to me.

Jason Jones would be a guy who I would love to bring in. Like a young Shaun Ellis with a little more juice in the pass rush.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:04 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I don't see a huge difference in signing Wayne then 85, I have always liked Wayne but it is almost the same signing to me.

Jason Jones would be a guy who I would love to bring in. Like a young Shaun Ellis with a little more juice in the pass rush.
I gotta disagree. He was 75/960 with his ****** QB carousel.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 02-13-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rather give 85 another chance at a reduced salary than get Wayne.
I'm hoping after a redshirt season and an offseason, he'll be able to be a servicable #3
Still hoping for a stud via FA though.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Rather give 85 another chance at a reduced salary than get Wayne.
I'm hoping after a redshirt season and an offseason, he'll be able to be a servicable #3
Still hoping for a stud via FA though.
I probably agree. What the Pats need at outside WR isn't somthing either of these guys will bring but Ocho already has a year in the system. And while both are getting on in years Ocho still has the ability to beat one on one coverage deep. I am convinced if he catches that deep TD pass against Buffalo then Brady develops more confidence in him. There were a lot of times he was open last year and Brady didn't even look his way. Plus he is a notoriously hard worker in the offseason so if he can work with Brady and develop some chemistry he should have a much better year.

If, and it's a big if, they go with either of these guys my personal choice would definitely be Ocho.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy Moss is coming back and the Pats seem to be an option. I'd love for this to happen if he still has the speed. I'm sure he'd be very motivated if we were to bring him back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm all for it, especially after watching our WRs performance in the SB. On the other hand, I wouldn't want that move to impede on going out and either drafting or picking up a WR in free agency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh God no.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Yeah I'm all for it, especially after watching our WRs performance in the SB. On the other hand, I wouldn't want that move to impede on going out and either drafting or picking up a WR in free agency.
Agree 100%. He's extra credit. Doesn't effect the main plan at all.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hell, I wouldn't mind double dipping in FA and getting both Moss and Wayne. Get rid of Branch and draft someone to develop for three years only to see him disappoint us on a weekly basis and cut him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I basically just said to my roommate if we can get him for cheap (vets minimum?) and he can still stretch the field I'm 100% all for it. I would have taken him last year had he just accepted our 1 year offer and I think it could have made a pretty big impact on an already SB team. Brady I'm sure would love to have a WR who can catch the ******* ball when it matters.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
I basically just said to my roommate if we can get him for cheap (vets minimum?) and he can still stretch the field I'm 100% all for it. I would have taken him last year had he just accepted our 1 year offer and I think it could have made a pretty big impact on an already SB team. Brady I'm sure would love to have a WR who can catch the ******* ball when it matters.
Such an underrated quality.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Belichick wants to bring Moss back at a nice price then I really don't see the downside. This is different than 2 years ago. Brady didn't have Gronk or Hernandez when he was simply looking for Moss deep and if he wasn't open dump it off to Welker. Moss would become probably the 4th option but teams would need to respect whatever speed he still has, his leaping ability and his ability to play the ball. Even if Moss only caught 20 balls for 300 yards he would almost certainly still be able to dictate coverage away from the middle of the field. I would prefer someone like Mike Wallace obviously given his age but Moss is someone I would definitely kick the tyres on

Old 02-13-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I'm probably going to be representing New England in BeerBaron's forum mock offseason and was wondering if any of you guys wanted to help me out. Since I'd prefer not to discuss everything openly on the boards, feel free to send me a PM if you want to talk strategy.

P.S. I'm on AIM all the time, so if you have a screen name, feel free to include it in the PM.
Have you emailed BB yet about it?
Seems like the request are flying in right now over team selection.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I was really thinking it is absolutely imperative we add more speed at WR this year. For a long time I was convinced we didn't actually need a deep threat, just someone who can beat one on one coverage on the outside. However when you think about it, the biggest plays we had this year were on a broken coverage in week one by Welker, a broken coverage against the Jets by Welker and a few huge run after the cathces by Gronk.

Gronk is gonna run over people, it's what he does. But I would probably bet Welker runs about a 4.7 these days so you can't expect many more big plays by him.

We don't get big runs, with the exception of surprise plays like the one Hernandez had in the playoffs. We can't stretch the field in the passing game. It kills against good defenses that we need to have double digit play drives to score a TD because there is absolutely no margin for error.

I don't know if we may have to change offensive philosophy to get more speed guys but it needs to happen. Mike Wallace, Desean Jackson, Robert Meachem, Pierre Garcon, Joe Adams, Randy Moss etc. Brady needs an easy out every now and then. If teams play like the Jets did against us and crowd the middle of the field we need to make them pay.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Time to get the masks out!

Old 02-13-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy again, eh?

I'd rather see an attempt at a younger speed guy like Meachem or Wallace, but Moss would be fine if all else fails. Cut Chad and Deion and get a young WR on the market. Moss in addition to that young guy would be stellar, but not as the only deep threat. He's just not that fast anymore.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Did EE survive the superbowl? I havent seen him since.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 02-15-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Did EE survive the superbowl? I havent seen him since.
I think he might be taking a sabbatical. I think his blood pressure hit extremely unhealthy levels.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I think he might be taking a sabbatical. I think his blood pressure hit extremely unhealthy levels.
It's understandable, I was the same way after the 2007 loss, I didn't post for almost a year. He'll be back I'm sure around draft time. I'm dealing with this loss alot better than the last one, basically because A. this team did not deserve to make it that far in the season and we were lucky to enjoy the ride as long as we did and B. yeah it sucks we lost but we could of had it, had we made another play or two, thats the way things go. The Giants were the much better team and BB coached a hell of a game, to the point where one catch makes the difference. It's something that needs to be addressed in free agency or the draft and luckily not only do we have a cupcake schedule this up coming year, we have the picks and money to make enough moves to get back to the super bowl if BB finally decides to use them. The fanbases of the almost every other team would kill to have the success we have had since the start of the twenty first century, so I feel lucky we even made it that far. That said, I understand why people would need a break after that loss. EE is an awesome poster, I'm sure he'll be back soon.

Quote:
Quote: