Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 09-24-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
He has to make that 2nd interception, has to. He played well for awhile, but he folded like a lawn chair in the 2nd half.

Still Woodhead's new found emphasis in our offense is killing us. We're so productive in every other area besides when we give him touches. Throw it to freaking Gronk. Good things happen, I don't know why this is so hard.
I don't think the Woodhead stuff is killing the offense. He's more effective as a receiver, so they used him more to disguise what they were doing. They weren't going to run much against the Ravens. Why have an inferior pass catcher in the backfield over Woodhead?
Old 09-24-2012, 01:07 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Then Kyle Love posts in agreement... Lots of fines for the Pats coming.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:17 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He has to make that 2nd interception, has to. He played well for awhile, but he folded like a lawn chair in the 2nd half.

Still Woodhead's new found emphasis in our offense is killing us. We're so productive in every other area besides when we give him touches. Throw it to freaking Gronk. Good things happen, I don't know why this is so hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Don't know what to say... That game was brutal to watch.
I will say that McCourty played well but his two biggest mistakes were game changers though. (dropped INT, PI)
Quote:
There is a fundamental flaw with this team in terms of finishing games out. We've found every way to lose for the most part recently, and the only games we win at the are when other teams **** the bed. Brady failing to read those all out blitzes, McCourty dropping interceptions, Danny F****** Woodhead.

It's a big problem which has killed the Pats over their last 4 games.
I echo these sentiments. "Back in the day" one of the hallmarks of this team was finishing games in the fourth quarter. Now it feels to me as if no lead is too big. The referring in last night's game is Exhibit 1A why the lockout has to end, but I wouldn't pin this loss on that as both teams were victims. I know we've been spoiled as fans, but so far this year this has not been an enjoyable team to watch. So many critical errors, lack of execution, puzzling play calling (at one point late in the game Gronk had only been targeted twice. Really? Why?)

Sorry to *****.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Woodhead plays were, without question drive killing plays virtually everytime we ******* called them. He got killed behind the los almost every single time we gave it to him.

For whatever reason we decided not to use two of our better weapons in Ridley and Gronk. Get McDaniels the **** out of here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a horrible display of defense last night. I simply didn't like the game plan defensively. It has always been a trait of Bill Belichick defenses that they take away the other teams number 1 option, see Chris Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald.

Last night was awful. I could live with Torrey Smith putting up numbers if Rice was limited. Likewise I could live with Rice putting up 100 if Smith did nothing. But for both to go off was a killer.

Offensively, aside from some ridiculous play calls I thought they looked very good. It has been a long time since I have seen Brady throw to the sideline as much as he did to Lloyd and he just ate up 1 on 1 coverage.

My biggest issue on offense is this stat line - 2 for 21 on 3 targets. That' Gronk. I don't care who the **** is covering him or how badly he is getting mugged downfield by Ray Lewis, throw him the ******* ball more than 3 times, he is the best offensive player outside of Brady.

They had chances to win this one comfortably. The Edelman drop in the first which forced them to settle for a field goal, a horrendous play call that resulted in a 3 yard loss in the red zone to Woodhead, Brady not seeing the blitz coming on second down on their last drive etc

The Pats let this one slip. It's way too easy to rip on the "refs", but I am going to anyway

In all fairness they were bad to both sides, however the big calls all went against New England.

Edelman for pass interference when Cary Williams is all over him and didn't even turn around?
Next play Cary Williams took 3 shots to Edelman's face on the opposite side of the field to the ball. Pretty sure that's a personal foul.
Ed Reed with a hit to a defenseless WR when he hit Edelman in the head o the TD drop. Wold have set the Pats up at the goal line when they settled for a field goal.
Pass interference on Mayo after a 3rd down stop. I seen absolutely nothing on that.
Holding call against McCourty when Torrey Smith did his best soccer impression.
Absolutely ridiculous holding call against Spikes to negate a Chandler Jones sack.
Missed holding call on Michael Oher against Ninkovich
Missed holding call on Ray Lewis when he clotheslined Danny Woodhead coming out of the backfield.
Missed holding call on Ray Lewis when he pulled Gronk to the turf.

Pretty sure that's all of them, so yeah...only 9 horrible calls went against the Pats. Oh yeah, the field goal wasn't good!!!!!!

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The FG was good, it was close but it was certainly good. This team needs to learn how to put games away. Its plagued us for several seasons now that we get up and than the good teams make a come back and all too often the defense shits the bed and all of a sudden we can't make a first down.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
The FG was good, it was close but it was certainly good. This team needs to learn how to put games away. Its plagued us for several seasons now that we get up and than the good teams make a come back and all too often the defense shits the bed and all of a sudden we can't make a first down.
Here's the defense's problem as I see it. Against average to good running teams they can be very good with a seven man front which allows them to run a two deep shell and limit big plays. Against great running teams they need to rotate into cover 1 or cover 3 and bring Chung into the box. This is fine as most teams can't defend Ray Rice with a seven man box. The big issue is any time the Pats played in a cover 2 shell Flacco handed the ball off to Rice. Any time Chung came up to the line of scrimmage Flacco's first read was deep to Torrey Smith. That's a tough matchup combo for any defense, which is why I would have preferred them to play two deep all game and give Rice yards and hope to stop them when it got close. Playing cover 1 man from 30 yards out leaving Torrey Smith singled on Kyle Arrington is a TD more often than not.

For as bad as our CBs looked last year and in parts last night, they are really put in bad spots. Unless your Revis, one on one matchups favour the offense. McCourty was actually in great position for most of last night with the exception of the PI call. If they are going to continue in this fashion then they need bigger guys than Kyle Arrington on the boundary to use length to make up an disadvantage.

All in all, the defensive line didn't get much going so I think it would have been worth blitzing a few times to at least let Flacco know he can't stand all day. But you have to give the guy credit, he played a great game and managaed it well too. After the first quarter he actually took what the defense gave him

Old 09-24-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem last night is that the coaching staff didn't make the adjustment the Ravens did.

Once the officials basically stopped calling offensive holding, you must blitz. The Ravens were more aggressive and won the game because of it. NE tried to play coverage but no one could pressure Flacco, because they were being held. The Ravens fixed that by just overload blitzing (which Brady routinely seemed to miss last night).
Old 09-24-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the toughest loss regular season loss to swallow since the 4th and 2 game. Looking back it's just plain absurd that they lost considering how they played for most of the game. They were able to move the ball nearly flawlessly through the air against a very good Ravens defense, but a collection of terrible performances from weird spots lost the game for us. For my own benefit I'm going to assign blame based on who deserves it the most.

1) The Front 7
Ray Rice was able to take over the game for the Ravens. His success running the football dictated us having to move a safety into the box, and forced us into man to man on the outside. It's really unacceptable for our team, which is one of the few that starts 5 guys primarily because of their prowess against the run, to be unable to compete with just those 7. Wilfork played the worst game of his career and was constantly pushed out of the whole by Yanda. Love was double more than usual, but he should be able to hold against Birk and Harewoood. Jones was held a lot and the Ravens typically ran behind Yanda and Osemele, but he was very average last night. Ninkovich was worthless again.

Last night should have been Hightower's and Spike's game. Yes Vontae Leach is the best, but those guys are primarily downhill players. They were both reactive and beaten bad on multiple occasions. I realize that Ray Rice is going to get his against you, but the Pats should have cause some more negative plays. The front 7 is too talented to play like that.

2) The Refs
We're all aware of the bad calls, but it was the situations that they negated that was even more damaging than the calls themselves. Almost all of the bad calls negated a very positive play for the Pats, and in some cases changed the momentum of the game.

The Gronk hold and Edelman PI disrupted a drive that seemed destined for the end zone. Instead of going up 17 and maybe forcing the Ravens to go to the air more often, the Pats settled for a field goal and the Ravens calmly drove down the field to counter for 7.

The Mayo hold negated what would have been a 3rd consecutive 3 and out to start the game.

The phantom holds on Arrington and McCourty negated 2 would be 3rd and long situations.

The bad holding call on Spikes negated a would be sack.

That's too much to overcome, plain and simple. I usually don't like to blame the refs, but it was unavoidable after yesterday.

3) McCourty
I'm one of his harshest critics, but he deserves it after yesterday. That dropped INT is why we haven't won the big one recently. Ty Law would never let that one go, even Asante despite his big stage miss wouldn't have dropped that, nor would Ellis Hobbs. We needed that and he didn't deliver.

Joe Flacco really didn't play incredibly well last night. He gift wrapped the ball to us several times last night, we legitimately could have had 4 interceptions last night.

Also, on that last drive it was just like last year. Teams test McCourty because he's the easiest to move the ball on. He gave up 51 yards on the GW drive, and flat out failed tackling on Pitta. Just try Dowling out there. It's hard to get worse results than we've been getting from McCourty.

4) McDaniels
He drew up about 20 plays for Danny Woodhead, but only tries Gronk 3 times. That's inexcusable. We executed so well in every other facet of the game yesterday offensively, but we kept giving it to Danny and he did nothing with those touches, putting us in a bad situation. At least when we had BJGE we could count on at least 3 yards a pop. Danny had 2 decent runs, and either had 2 to negative yards on most of the rest.

5) Brady's Blitz Recognition Late in the Game
I could see those blitzes coming, but Brady was caught completely unaware. He's not a rookie, audible to shotgun and hit a hot out route. Taking negative plays on the last 2 drives cost us points and the game.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Revis tore his ACL too early... The Jets might get Jarvis Jones now... :/
Old 09-25-2012, 04:59 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

Revis tore his ACL too early... The Jets might get Jarvis Jones now... :/
I'm pretty sure their offense led by Mark Sanchise riding out the ground and pound attack of the awesome Shonne Greene will lead the Jets to at least 30 wins by the end of October

Old 09-25-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

As much flack as the defense is getting I think it is important to remember they made a HUGE 4th down stop by the Ravens, followed by a drive that started out well but was killed upon a Woodhead -4 rush. There were a lot of rough spots on the defensive side of the ball but they had some bright spots. Even McCourty who I was very down on last year looked solid in alot of coverage, he almost had two picks (he has to make those). He just also happened to get killed on big plays when it mattered most to really negate the good things. We need this offense to produce to help out however, Gronk needs to be used times ten more than he has, and hopefully Hernandez gets back soon because we need him

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-25-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As much flack as the defense is getting I think it is important to remember they made a HUGE 4th down stop by the Ravens, followed by a drive that started out well but was killed upon a Woodhead -4 rush. There were a lot of rough spots on the defensive side of the ball but they had some bright spots. Even McCourty who I was very down on last year looked solid in alot of coverage, he almost had two picks (he has to make those). He just also happened to get killed on big plays when it mattered most to really negate the good things. We need this offense to produce to help out however, Gronk needs to be used times ten more than he has, and hopefully Hernandez gets back soon because we need him
I definitely agree on every point. I wouldn't expect Hernandez back any time soon. High ankle sprains are typically a 6 week injury, no?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah I think a lot of people are trying to make it out like this is the same defense from last year. They made some huge plays which should have ended the game on multiple occassions. The problem with the offense is it simply isn't clutch anymore. For all the **** the defense gets playing down the stretch, how many of those situations should they have been in? Most times it comes down to getting one more first down. Take Sunday night. Negative play on first down, bad recognition by Brady to take a sack on second, and then 3 and 14 was a situation that seldom gets converted.

I don't know if it is to do with play calling, crumbling under pressure or a combination of both but it appears that every time it comes down to the crunch the offense just can't get that last first down.

I really do not trust this team in close games anymore. It's either blowouts or crushing close defeats

Old 09-25-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post

I really do not trust this team in close games anymore. It's either blowouts or crushing close defeats
This. Especially what you said about the offense. It seems when we need that one first down to seal it... we rarely do. It's disappointing.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
This. Especially what you said about the offense. It seems when we need that one first down to seal it... we rarely do. It's disappointing.
It's just genuinely the worst feeling. When we were up by 9 in the 4th I knew we were going to lose the game. Up by 2 scores in a game where we were pretty much unstoppable offensively, We KNEW that it was going to happen because we've seen this so many times.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
It's just genuinely the worst feeling. When we were up by 9 in the 4th I knew we were going to lose the game. Up by 2 scores in a game where we were pretty much unstoppable offensively, We KNEW that it was going to happen because we've seen this so many times.
It's not even just that. You knew that the Patriots offense weren't going to score anything, you knew the Ravens would march down the field in less than 5 minutes to get a TD, you knew the Patriots wouldn't hold the ball for long enough and you knew the Ravens would kick a field goal with time running out. You could call the fourth from about 11 minutes out, it was ridiculous!!!

Any hope was quickly quashed. On the field goal drive you thought, "ok make them move slowly down the middle of the field and attempt a long field goal with their rookie kicker". What happens??? Big play, easy completion, pass interference. Game over.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I mean its been this way for awhile. Its a big part of the reason I knew we would go on to lose the SB last year once Welker dropped that catch and we didn't convert on 3rd afterwards. That drive was a game ender and the offense choked. Idk if were just not making any adjustments at that point and defenses are keying in on what they need to or what but its getting old.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...ng-in-to-block

I guess Gronk was used primarily as a blocker last game. Wtf, why aren't we feeding him the ball then?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...ng-in-to-block

I guess Gronk was used primarily as a blocker last game. Wtf, why aren't we feeding him the ball then?
I can understand using Gronk as a blocker more against stud pass rushers or teams who can effectively rush the passer, however the Ravens can't. The combination of McClelland and Upshaw could get nothing done and haven't done much all year. I can only assume the Pats thought Baltimore would blitz more and that's why he was used more as a blocker.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I can understand using Gronk as a blocker more against stud pass rushers or teams who can effectively rush the passer, however the Ravens can't. The combination of McClelland and Upshaw could get nothing done and haven't done much all year. I can only assume the Pats thought Baltimore would blitz more and that's why he was used more as a blocker.
Fair enough, but he released more than double the amount of plays he stayed into block, which goes against alot of our original thought processes that he didn't do much because he stayed into block. Its just weird.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Fair enough, but he released more than double the amount of plays he stayed into block, which goes against alot of our original thought processes that he didn't do much because he stayed into block. Its just weird.
There seems to have been some really weird goings on with the offense over the first few weeks. Now clearly I'm not sure if it's play calling, Brady making questionable decisions or just flat out execution but it is worrisome.

For instance, against Arizona Brady was keying in on Lloyd who really struggled against both Peterson and Fleming. However, it worked against Cary Williams this week and Lloyd had a nice game. Yet, when the game was in the balance Lloyd didn't get a target on the last series, instead Brady looked to Danny Woodhead more than anyone else.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

The real concern is Ras-I Dowling. After seeming like he was flashing in camp, he seems to now be the 5th CB (not DB) behind players like Sterling Moore and Marquis Cole.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

From a prospect model, I liked his tools and size but other than that I wasn't overly thrilled with the Dowling pick.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Greg A. Bedard has an interesting take on both Dowling and Shane Vereen. He believes both guys are in BB's dog house for their inability to play through pain and show that toughness. When Dowling has been on the field he has looked relatively solid. I have no doubt he would be a better option than Cole or Moore.

The "problem" here is with the division as it is the Pats should walk to the playoffs and I think Belichick is trying to drive the fact that neither Dowling or Vereen are due anything based on their draft slot. Here's hoping that's the case because the Pats have a horrendous record with second rounders with the exception of Vollmer in the last few years and I would hate for another two talented players to fall by the wayside