Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 06-11-2013, 07:04 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just get worried about this guy being on our team. Weird crap happens with him, and the last thing I want is for him to even have a remote chance of seeing the field. Knowing him Brady and Mallett will get injured and Tebow will be leading us to consecutive 10-7 wins and 35-3 losses every other week.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:21 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've not been following football at all lately. Maybe I should have stuck to that.
I'm with Jvig, I hate this off season. Tebow the football player wouldn't give me pause, he'd probably be cut. Tebow the evangelical is an entirely different matter (which I'll refrain from commenting on.) But as a fan, there's nothing I can do about it (duh).
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:33 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=Razor;3383891]J-Mike get the **** out with your bible-hugging Teblow-love. I truely hope that Teblow breaks both his legs and his spine on his way to NE.. QUOTE]
WOW!! Keep it classy there Razor. You say bible-hugging... I've never read anything like wishing for paralysis or breaking legs in the bible before.
You must make Patriots Nation proud....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I just get worried about this guy being on our team. Weird crap happens with him.
Well, to be honest, weird crap like winning a playoff game?
Denver didn't win a playoff game with Manning last year you might recall.
They did with Tebow....some weird crap with a couple nice touchdown passes IIRC.

Trust in Little Bill.
He turned Matt Cassell into a f***ing commodity! Think about that.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:25 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=J-Mike88;3383912]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
J-Mike get the **** out with your bible-hugging Teblow-love. I truely hope that Teblow breaks both his legs and his spine on his way to NE.. QUOTE]
WOW!! Keep it classy there Razor. You say bible-hugging... I've never read anything like wishing for paralysis or breaking legs in the bible before.
You must make Patriots Nation proud....

Well, to be honest, weird crap like winning a playoff game?
Denver didn't win a playoff game with Manning last year you might recall.
They did with Tebow....some weird crap with a couple nice touchdown passes IIRC.

Trust in Little Bill.
He turned Matt Cassell into a f***ing commodity! Think about that.
Matt Cassell is a much better QB than Tebow. Matt Cassell has had 400 yard passing days, it still by no means makes him a good QB any more than Tebow's game against the Steelers makes him a good QB.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebowmania is upon us

Time to stock up on bottled water and canned goods. I'll be in my basement until training camp is over

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:40 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schefter reporting that Tebow signed a 2 year contract with no guaranteed money. Literally a show and prove offseason then. My guess is he is back on the street by the middle fo August

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:43 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Never going to happen, but this would literally be the perfect season for hard knocks. I would lol at the firsthand opportunity to compare Brady, Mallett, and Tebow throwing the ball. I'll definitely have to make the trip to training camp.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Schefter reporting that Tebow signed a 2 year contract with no guaranteed money. Literally a show and prove offseason then. My guess is he is back on the street by the middle fo August
Please let this happen..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Belichick is just straight trollin right now

He's sitting in his office right now getting drunk on bourbon, smoking cuban cigars and screaming bitches aint **** at anyone who walks past his door.
Seriously. Just before the signing BB was heard to remark, "Hey, check this out. I'm going to stir up some serious ****. "

Tebow won't make the 53 man roster. As others have mentioned, there's simply no place for him. QB / TE / RB are all loaded positions. At least the move will shake up what would have been an otherwise ordinary June for Pats fans.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Seriously. Just before the signing BB was heard to remark, "Hey, check this out. I'm going to stir up some serious ****. "

Tebow won't make the 53 man roster. As others have mentioned, there's simply no place for him. QB / TE / RB are all loaded positions. At least the move will shake up what would have been an otherwise ordinary June for Pats fans.
Imagine the media fit if we Ross Ventroned Tebow all year.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Leave it to a Giants fan to talk some sense to you guys.
I think that may be the first (and last?) time I will ever be called a Giants fan.

I just thought the picture of Eli looked funny.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll just leave this gem here.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pats are probably the best team to shut down any media frenzy. The just will lock down the practices as much as they can and not let him do interviews.

I want him to make it because he is just stupid fun as a player, but I also just made a $350 bet with someone that he doesn't make the 53 man roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm so sorry, y'all. so, so sorry.

from personal experience, i advise: just don't talk about it. ever. with anyone. you'll just end up being angry. you'll end up having to explain yourselves using the same words, arguing/discussing (depending on your level of support for the move) the same things, with people who are rarely (though occasionally) football fans. if there's one thing i wish i'd done 4 years ago, it would've been to simply refuse to ever talk about the guy unless he was actually playing in a game i was actively watching at that moment. it's too much insanity, otherwise.

I had quoted several of the support quotes in here and started ripping them to pieces, and then realized I shouldn't waste my time. That was before even reading this post and this is the last post I make about Tebow. Theres zero reason for him to be on this team, I would be upset if he even took snaps away from Mallet in the preseason, let alone if we attempt to use any wild cat ******** on the field. Sorry, I don't give a **** about how nice he is, the guy is the worst QB in the league and reports say that even with limited snaps today that hasn't changed.

Just another prime example of BB thinking hes ******* smarter than everyone by making an outlandish off season move when he should just stick to staying away from these kind of media attention grabbing moves.

No more Tebow talk in this thread please. God damn off season sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I had quoted several of the support quotes in here and started ripping them to pieces, and then realized I shouldn't waste my time. That was before even reading this post and this is the last post I make about Tebow. Theres zero reason for him to be on this team, I would be upset if he even took snaps away from Mallet in the preseason, let alone if we attempt to use any wild cat ******** on the field. Sorry, I don't give a **** about how nice he is, the guy is the worst QB in the league and reports say that even with limited snaps today that hasn't changed.

Just another prime example of BB thinking hes ******* smarter than everyone by making an outlandish off season move when he should just stick to staying away from these kind of media attention grabbing moves.

No more Tebow talk in this thread please. God damn off season sucks.
Hey we got future all pro Armond Armstead, and cut Brandon Lloyd. The offseason was good enough for me.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I think that may be the first (and last?) time I will ever be called a Giants fan.

I just thought the picture of Eli looked funny.
Sorry dude.... it does look funny.
I can't tell who's a fan of who sometimes.... I think that somehow we should always identify that, but...
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Hey we got future all pro Armond Armstead, and cut Brandon Lloyd. The offseason was good enough for me.
And let Welker go for like 6 Million a season (despite the fact I wasn't overly a Welker guy), signed Arrington to a ridiculously lucrative contract in which no way does he deserve, and Gronk is on his fifth surgery for now his back.

Haha so disappointing.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im rather neutral on this signing. Other then as competition for Ryan Mallet, Tebow doesn't help this team in anyway.

The whole "Tebow Circus" won't become an issue unless Brady starts to suck or gets injured.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
Im rather neutral on this signing. Other then as competition for Ryan Mallet, Tebow doesn't help this team in anyway.

The whole "Tebow Circus" won't become an issue unless Brady starts to suck or gets injured.
Neither did Mike Kafka, but no one gave to shits when he was signed.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Neither did Mike Kafka, but no one gave to shits when he was signed.
No idea anything about the kid, but he offers more than what weve already seen this last signing can do. And hey, I'm sure people shrugged when we picked and signed Brady to the roster as well.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-12-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some reason I find it amusing that Tebow QBed the "Opportunity Team" today. A team of "lesser experienced" players according to Mike Reiss.

Also, apparently the Pats brought Austin Collie for a workout and Chaz Schilens participated in the minicamp on a tryout basis.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
For some reason I find it amusing that Tebow QBed the "Opportunity Team" today. A team of "lesser experienced" players according to Mike Reiss.

Also, apparently the Pats brought Austin Collie for a workout and Chaz Schilens participated in the minicamp on a tryout basis.
That's the way opportunity reps work. They take guys that might not make the roster and have them run plays.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I just found it funny that Tebow, a player entering his fourth year, is taking reps with a bunch of UDFAs. People make such a big deal out of him when he is signed and wherever he goes and he is the guy practicing with UDFAs.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
That's the way opportunity reps work. They take guys that might not make the roster and have them run plays.
And I would have gladly taken a large unknown in kafka taking those reps, who may be able to develop into at least a capable #2 (not that Mallet isnt), than a guy who in his fourth year is taking reps with the UFDAs. Its ******* pathetic.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-13-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even want to get my hopes up with Collie. He could be so good, he just got ruined by head injuries. Sad.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote