Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 10-13-2013, 07:00 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weekly preview is up on NEPD:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/...to-week-6.html
Old 10-13-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Gronk situation is starting to get legitimately ugly, with reports coming out that there's serious resentment in the locker room and that the team is considering shutting him down. We're supposed to be above this crap. Whichever side is leaking all of this isn't doing the team any favors. It's such a huge blow if he doesn't come back this year and it would be absolutely terrible if that becomes yet another toxic relationship with an important player going forward.

Anyway, as far as the game goes, I don't love our chances. I'm always going to give a Brady/Belichick team a punchers chance in absolutely any game....but if there were ever a game I wouldn't, it's this one. We just don't match up well with New Orleans and they're getting us at a real bad time. The outdoors is a has proved to be a huge disadvantage for them in the past, but I'm not sure whatever margin that takes away makes a huge difference.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
The Gronk situation is starting to get legitimately ugly, with reports coming out that there's serious resentment in the locker room and that the team is considering shutting him down. We're supposed to be above this crap. Whichever side is leaking all of this isn't doing the team any favors. It's such a huge blow if he doesn't come back this year and it would be absolutely terrible if that becomes yet another toxic relationship with an important player going forward.

Anyway, as far as the game goes, I don't love our chances. I'm always going to give a Brady/Belichick team a punchers chance in absolutely any game....but if there were ever a game I wouldn't, it's this one. We just don't match up well with New Orleans and they're getting us at a real bad time. The outdoors is a has proved to be a huge disadvantage for them in the past, but I'm not sure whatever margin that takes away makes a huge difference.
At least on the bright side, the Patriots should be 4-2 heading into next week, with a chance to put some distance between the divisional competition via games against the Jets and Dolphins. Obviously neither of those are even remotely close to guaranteed wins at this point, but the Patriots should have a shot to win them and doing so would put them in pretty good position for the rest of the year. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that there are really any guaranteed wins with this team.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
At least on the bright side, the Patriots should be 4-2 heading into next week, with a chance to put some distance between the divisional competition via games against the Jets and Dolphins. Obviously neither of those are even remotely close to guaranteed wins at this point, but the Patriots should have a shot to win them and doing so would put them in pretty good position for the rest of the year. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that there are really any guaranteed wins with this team.
I still have a good deal of faith in our ability to win within the division. The Bills and the Dolphins are coming up(Jets might be better than we thought too), but there's too many flaws present with those teams. We can find ways to beat those teams even if we're stumbling through it.

...although I don't know I guess. Would have said the same thing about the Bengals a few weeks ago, but that obviously didn't seem to be the case last week. I guess you can make a case that that was a close game with a decent team, but it's concerning that we couldn't win that one with the Bengals basically asking us to beat them a few times at the end.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-13-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dobson is looking really good today. Actually using his hands to catch. Thompkins not bad, either. Things are looking up.

And they've finally started running routes with Hooman, which I've been calling for since he's been with the Pats. He was a really good receiving TE in Illinois (where he was also underused) and has been criminally underused as a pro. Even with St. Louis, he showed his ability as a pass catcher, but wasn't used much in that capacity.

Also. I hate injuries, but it might have been what it was going to take to get Cannon in there for Connolly. Hope Dan's OK, but I think his best role with this team is as a backup interior lineman.

Last edited by nepg : 10-13-2013 at 04:32 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope Amendola is okay. That looked like an awful hit.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Talib's hip is fuxxored again too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-13-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The injuries are disheartening.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The coaching decisions are disheartening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm beginning to think that the ****** WR play has turned Tom Brady into a ****** QB.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Nevermind.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Nevermind.
Nevermind Indeed.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Tom ******* Brady.

The rest of it is smoke and mirrors, but we've got a shot for a final drive anytime he's at the helm.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-13-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow.
Just, wow.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tom ******* Brady.

The rest of it is smoke and mirrors, but we've got a shot for a final drive anytime he's at the helm.
Unbelievable. I had stopped following it on the I because we weren't getting it out here. My son calls me from the airport in SF and asked how they won.

Brady is just a great QB. Anyone thinking he isn't doesn't know football.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Literally I was probably freaking out more than I ever have when Edelmen dropped that pass on the 1 yard line (the second one which hit him straight in the numbers). Like outside of Brady being Brady, we need help at WR so god damn bad.

That said, I love Brady. So so much.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

I was so pissed the two drives before that. The four attempts to get the first down were awful, especially the Bolden drop. And then the next drive after that I'm thinking alright they corrected whatever it was that was hurting them and they'll move the ball on this drive, and then Brady throws a pick. I lost it.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Literally I was probably freaking out more than I ever have when Edelmen dropped that pass on the 1 yard line (the second one which hit him straight in the numbers). Like outside of Brady being Brady, we need help at WR so god damn bad.

That said, I love Brady. So so much.
I guess in a perfect world Amendola can stay on the field and Gronk actually returns to football. It's out there somewhere if they can get it all together.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I can't even be objective right now. That was special. Let's savor that. We get to watch one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game every week and he just asserted his will on a pretty good football team. That's why we American Football.

Collie did some nice things on that last drive too, let's remember that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-13-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty excited for Collie, actually. He has the same problems as Amendola, but when he's on the field, he's great. I don't see how Gronk doesn't play next week. From all reports, it was silly that he wasn't on the field today.

Miraculously, this team has a good shot at being 8-1 going into their bye week. Talib has to not be hurt bad, Gronk needs to come back, and they need to fix their run defense in that time period before the last stretch of the season.

If Dobson and Thompkins can keep improving and some combination of Amendola, Collie, and Edelman can stay healthy with Gronk and Vereen coming back, this could end up being one of the better offenses in the latter stretch of the season. The injuries on defense are getting scary, though.

Last edited by nepg : 10-13-2013 at 07:30 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Honestly we need Talib to be ok. Getting Kelly back will be big as well but we NEED Talib to be healthy for us.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-13-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Unrelated to the Patriots slightly, but my god do I love this city and these teams. What a night for sports in New England.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-13-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Unrelated to the Patriots slightly, but my god do I love this city and these teams. What a night for sports in New England.
No kidding! Sunday was nuts!
Old 10-14-2013, 01:48 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Lost in all of this amazing stuff that went down;

RIP Amendola. You have to feel for the guy. He wasn't playing well since coming back, but he has the absolute worst combination of a body that doesn't hold up and luck. That looks like a potential multi-week head injury. Hopefully it wasn't a concussion, but he was knocked out cold.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-14-2013, 03:56 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a few of my thoughts on last nights game:

While Dobson had a decent game and KT obviously caught the winning TD pass I'm starting to get less and less optimistic about their abilities to become dependable players. It's not really a case of getting on the same page anymore and both guys are actually creating seperation. But seriously, I am never confidenteither will actually catch the ball.

Aqib Talib is a boss and we need him back healthy. If there is any consolation it is that the next 3 weeks don't see us facing a top notch passing attack and frankly I think Alfonzo Dennard (with the exception of playing the TD pass to Stills perfectly last night but then missing the ball) is playing just a notch below Talib.

Run defense??? Wow!!!

Brandon Spikes had a really poor game last night. He looked out of control on a few run blitzes and in coverage was horrendous.

Enough of this running back by committee approach. It is clear for all to see who the Pats top running back is. When Ridley is playing with confidence he just eats up yards on a consistent basis. We can't run no huddle if we aren't winning first and second down and that's what Ridley gives you.

The offensive line communication is pretty damn bad which is confusing given the continuity on the line. Simple stunts, A gap pressure and slot blitzes gave the Pats fits last night. Some of this is on Brady who needs to know the blitz is coming but still, at least get a hand on the free rusher to have a chance.

Everyone likes to complain about the playcalling of Josh McDaniels, but honestly this year I have very little complaints. That is until we had goal to go and he called 3 straight runs including a shotgun draw. You have to take at least one shot there, ideally early in the downs.

Overall I have been impressed by a number of Pats players this year (basically Talib, Dennard, Ninkovich etc) and a few have underwhelmed (Brady, Vollmer, Amendola etc) and with the injuries mounting up to what can be stated as our most important players sans Brady I think after 6 weeks I would have bitten your arm off if you offered me the Pats to be at 5-1 while also on paper going through the toughest stretch of the schedule

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote