Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 10-16-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Count me in as a Fletcher fan as well. I think he was a guy who was going to take a bit longer to develop, but after this preseason I really feel like he's ready to be a starter. Hopefully I'll feel the same way about Collins in a year or 2. I actually think Fletcher is better in coverage than Mayo, but I think we really need run defense help right now, so losing Mayo is a pretty decent hit. Count me in as a Beuaharnais fan as well.
I'm a huge fan of Fletcher, but I expected more from him than what he's delivered thus far. The fact that he basically plays all special teams now is slightly concerning with some of the third down issues we've had with Hightower and Spikes(who has been decent in coverage at times, to be fair). I hope you're right, but he's kind of in the show me phase at this point. The injury really set him back last year though, so maybe the void left by Mayo gives him a chance to break out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Is anyone else sort of wanting a bit more from the pass rush/ Despite how much I love what our defense has done this season, i think there can be some improvement in that area, and while Jones has statistically had a nice start, it hasnt been flashy or anything dominant.

Another side note, how much is it going to cost us to resign Talib?
Jones gets coverage sacks. That's more than we've been able to say in some years, but I've actually been fairly disappointed with him thus far. I haven't seen him be truly disruptive for any significant stretch of time. He sort of was at the start of last season and he does it in spurts, but yeah. Ninkovich hasn't been a huge factor as a rusher this season either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:56 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one thing I will say about Chandler Jones is he gets a ridiculous amount of holding penalties called for the Patriots. I think he could be a little more consistent but I am definitely a fan

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is not about him actually playing, but . . .

Hooray for good Gronk news!

""There's a huge difference between being cleared to practice and being cleared to play in a game," Rosenhaus said. "I've had great dialogue with coach Belichick and the Patriots' medical staff and Rob and his family. Everybody's on the same page, except it's gotten a lot of play in the media and all these unsubstantiated sources."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/22384/NFL...#ixzz2i0KzGkwl

Where's the :grouphug: smilie when you need it?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that's good news. I really don't care if he sits until he's completely healthy. I'm more inclined to believe the independent doctors he's working with than Tom Gill at this point. Good to hear that we don't have another relationship with a star player potentially fracturing. Media posturing should always be taken with a grain of salt though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-17-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yeah, that's good news. I really don't care if he sits until he's completely healthy. I'm more inclined to believe the independent doctors he's working with than Tom Gill at this point. Good to hear that we don't have another relationship with a star player potentially fracturing. Media posturing should always be taken with a grain of salt though.
Yes to the media posturing; on both sides. Rosenhaus isn't likely to come out publicly and say Gronk hates his coach. Still, as I've said before, I see nothing about sources on the "resentment" claims and don't believe in that crap unless someone has the balls to put a name on it.

I agree on the medical side, too. Gronk is a very young and extremely dominant player. Long term should be the focus. A few more wins secures a high probability of winning the division. If that happens before he is cleared just shut him down and let's talk week 16 for a couple of ramp-up games heading into the playoffs.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly outside of the Dolphins, and I never want to over look anyone, but this Month of games including the bye should be viewed as a get healthy period for everyone for when the schedule picks up a bit. Pray for snow against Denver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't really care less about the relationship. The more pertinent issue is that a well respected orthopedic surgeon isn't clearing Gronk 5 months after his last surgery. What is stopping him now that will change in even a month from now? If there is something fundamentally wrong with his reconstructed forearm, I'm not sure time is going to solve it anymore than where it is right now. I'm not saying he should be playing, but there is definitely cause to be concerned that he's not playing, since in practical terms he should be healthy by now.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 10-17-2013 at 01:50 PM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I could really care less about the relationship. The more pertinent issue is that a well respected orthopedic surgeon isn't clearing Gronk 5 months after his last surgery. What is stopping him now that will change in even a month from now? If there is something fundamentally wrong with his reconstructed forearm, I'm not sure time is going to solve it anymore than where it is right now. I'm not saying he should be playing, but there is definitely cause to be concerned that he's not playing, since in practical terms he should be healthy by now.
This is exactly my concern. I would think that, barring mutant powers equivalent to James Howlett, his bones aren't going to be healing any more than they would have already.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I think the relationship is relevant. We've seen things go to **** with important players before. It usually happens when they're on the wrong side of 30 though.

...but I do agree that the health of the bone is the much bigger story here. If it's taken this long and still hasn't healed, a few more weeks seems arbitrary. We might be just be looking at a lost season. Hopefully he's fine going forward, but I really don't know what they can do for him besides giving him a bionic arm at this point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-18-2013, 03:53 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know I really wouldn't mind him sitting out until after the bye. For me, the very worst case scenario for the Pats going into the bye will be 6-3, I don't see any BB team losing 3 straight. Though personally I think 7-2 is great with a real possibility of being 8-1 as well.

After the bye we get Carolina on MNF then the big one against Denver. In NE late November is definitely not Manning's favorite place to play and by that stage we could have Gronk, Amendola and Vereen back. Even at this stage that game will be really tough to win, but we have shown good character thus far and if things start to round off then the end of the schedule, sans Denver, isn't that tough

Old 10-18-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Gronk cleared to play on Sunday as per Rosenhaus

Old 10-18-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Gronk cleared to play on Sunday as per Rosenhaus

[runs to fantasy football lineups]

Old 10-18-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I don't want to get too overexcited about it, after all it is his first game back. I'm thinking a modest stat line of:

12 catches, 200 yards and 6 TDs

Old 10-18-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its Gronk time guys. **** yeah!

Quote:
Old 10-18-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am much excite.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

5 catches, 90 yards, 2 TD's, 1 iced coffee with no cream or sugar

This is amazing news though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-18-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I don't want to get too overexcited about it, after all it is his first game back. I'm thinking a modest stat line of:

12 catches, 200 yards and 6 TDs
Don't you think you're being a little conservative. I mean we are playing the Jets.

cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I expect him in on like 30% of the plays, use this week as a knock the rust off type of scenario.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, there's very clearly going to be some sort of snap count in play. Might be higher than we think with how much he's been practicing, but something like 30-40% of offensive plays is probably a reasonable expectation. He'll probably play as close to 100% of the the snaps inside the 20 as he can though. It's well known at this point, but we have massive issues in that part of the field.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-18-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

much gronk
so catching
wow
Old 10-18-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*does the robot*

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...b-talib-doesnt

Watch the video, yay oh my gawd you guys. Yay

Quote:
Old 10-19-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

That's fantastic, but sucks about Talib. Great week to miss a game with the Jets passing attack being as turnover prone as they are...but hopefully it's not something that effects him long term. He practiced Friday though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-19-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yeah I am ok with holding him out until hes healthy, barring that our defense can hold it together with all of these injuries and our offense can move the ball. Two big if's.

Quote:
Old 10-19-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they can survive the Jets without Talib, especially if Gronk is back. But they'll probably need him next week against the Dolphins and especially when they go up against the Panthers after teh BYE.