Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 10-24-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still lova ya Logan!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate this internet... so slow I can't even see GIFs. Fcuk.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greatest celebration.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And we lost that game anyway. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't feel good about this. That hit he took that gave him the concussion was one of the worst I've seen. I hope he's actually feeling better.

Quote:
"I had a good week, and I’m ready to go," Amendola said, after the Patriots practiced on Friday. "The game’s coming and I feel as good as I can. Not really worried about the past, just worried about the future, and excited and looking forward to Sunday."
Quote:
"It’s frustrating, because they’ve got protocol and stuff now with head injuries," Amendola said. "You might feel good, you might feel ready to go, but the doctors might not let you go. I feel good now, and I’m ready to go."
Old 10-26-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All aboard the Donte Moncrief bandwagon.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 10-26-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady's fingers were apparently taped together after a practice.

Panic over. He's (probably) not actually struggling as bad as the outing last week would lead you to believe.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:17 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This week's preview for NEPD:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/...to-week-8.html

I can't say I feel good about this game, but let's just hope that the Patriots are resilient enough to avoid losing two straight divisional games.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talib's out again.

As Matt said, this could be another real tough one. I have a real hard time seeing us drop two in a row in the division though. Belichick is simply too good of a coach to let that happen.

...I think anyway. If Brady is laboring to place the ball again, who knows.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-27-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Vollmer is down.

**** this.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 10-27-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Serious back issues dating back to college.

Let's see what it is, but it doesn't sound good.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-27-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

It's a leg injury. Bad one too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-27-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Let's tankkkkkkkkk the season.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 10-27-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

**** this ****** playcalling. good god this is so bad.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 10-27-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was only able to see the second half of todays game. After that first drive of the second half I was pissed, thought oh god same old ****, but I love the way they played after that. A lot of the success on defense was that they finally figured out how to attack Miami's awful offensive line. But I really like the pace and style that the offense played after that first three and out in the second half. The up tempo worked really well, the offensive line got a great push and opened up great holes, Bolden, Blount, and Ridley all contributed. Dobson also seemed to kind of break through after the first drive of the second half, he made some nice catches.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:34 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
I was only able to see the second half of todays game. After that first drive of the second half I was pissed, thought oh god same old ****, but I love the way they played after that. A lot of the success on defense was that they finally figured out how to attack Miami's awful offensive line. But I really like the pace and style that the offense played after that first three and out in the second half. The up tempo worked really well, the offensive line got a great push and opened up great holes, Bolden, Blount, and Ridley all contributed. Dobson also seemed to kind of break through after the first drive of the second half, he made some nice catches.
Anytime this staff commit to using Ridley things generally go well for the offense as a whole. Yes he has had fumbling issues but in those occassions the offense is moving. The play action doesn't work when Bolden abd Blount are going for 3 or 4 ypc. Ridley forces teams to honor the run which allows the play action to have more success. Really, until Vereen gets back to full speed Ridley should be getting 20 carries a game IMO.

As for Dobson, it is kinda similar to the Ridley situation. Yes he drops some balls but he consistently gets open. When teams have to honor the run and now realise there is a guy on the perimeter who can get open then Gronk and Amendola can be easier to hit. It shouldn't be what they are doing now. Let's not run the ball successfully, or look outside, let's throw up the middle to Gronk and hope that opens everything else up. It should be the other way round. Force teams to take their focus away from Gronk

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An exciting win, but I agree with the issues mentioned with play calling. More Ridley, more work opening the inside passing lanes, less forcing the ball to Gronk. Less swelling to Brady's hand would be nice, too.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best thing we can say about this team at the moment is they are winning. Every team goes through growing pains when blooding in new players, but few can say they can maintain winning whilst doing so.

Regardless of what happens in the Patriots, Jets and Phins games this weekend the Pats will go into the bye week with a lead in the division. Potentially the lead could be 3 games over the Jets and 4 over the Dolphins.

Belichick has consistently said the real football doesn't start until Thanksgiving and that has it's merits, however if this team were out of contention then it wouldn't matter. The biggest positive is that they are still winning. If they can round into some form then I think they will be a tough out for most teams.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would you guys give up for Gonzalez? Atlanta is going nowhere and would be smart to trade him despite both parties saying they have no intention of moving on from each other. A Gronk/Gonzalez combination would be an awesome safety blanket for Brady right now with his hand and offensive line injuries to Vollmer. I'd be open to it, doubt it happens tho. Preferably I'd like us to shore up the D-line before tomorrows deadline or get another target for Brady in some form or another. This bye week can't come soon enough.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I was actually thinking about this yesterday during the Atlanta game. I would give a 4th because Gonzalez could turn the o around but it literally would be an 8 game rental. I agree though and don't see it happening. Atlanta won't give him up without value and I don't think he is worth much in the long run

Old 10-28-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woot I love your sig.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ng-fred-davis/

Good call on Davis.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-28-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Didn't play like it yesterday, but Pro Football Focus has Nate Solder rated as the best LT halfway through the season. Kind of surprising to me.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
He'd be a good fit for a 6th round pick.

Has Austin Collie been injured? He seemed like a strong-potential receiver in this offense.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:40 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He'd be a good fit for a 6th round pick.

Has Austin Collie been injured? He seemed like a strong-potential receiver in this offense.
Collie played a season high number of snaps on Sunday. My feeling is the Pats want to get reliable guys on the field but seem to be cluttering the middle of the field.

Collie was a nice pickup if he can stay healthy and while he wont have great production he is the type of guy to throw to and be confident he will catch it