Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 12-12-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I can't say it enough, we should have bit the bullet and traded for Gordon. 2nd rounder, young, and an inexpensive rookie contract to boot. Off field concerns sure, but take the risk over another god damn ****** DB we reach way too high on.
He was never available for trade:

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-br...n-trade-rumors
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 39th overall pick, New England selected Ohio St. cornerback Bradley Roby. My thinking was that Roby entered the season projected as one of the first ten or so players off the board, and despite not playing as well this year, has the athleticism to develop into a number one cornerback. After deciding to part with Talib, adding Roby gives us a significantly cheaper option for four years who has avoided the injuries that have plagued Talib's career.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:12 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't even get too excited about Denver losing last night. Our next 2 games are both very lose-able. I don't see us winning out so Denver will go back to the #1 seed and Cincy may even jump us for the #2 seed.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forum mock update: just worked out a trade with Houston which sends our original sixth-round pick to the Texans for LB Brooks Reed. I know he's been completely ineffective as a pass rusher, but on a one-year deal he should make for decent depth behind Ninkovich.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I can't even get too excited about Denver losing last night. Our next 2 games are both very lose-able. I don't see us winning out so Denver will go back to the #1 seed and Cincy may even jump us for the #2 seed.
@Miami is scary given the Patriots past games in Miami (especially Brady's games) but @Baltimore is a joke. And Buffalo@NE... lol

I think we have a good chance of running the table if we get passed Miami on Sunday.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care how down they are, I will always be wary of the Ravens.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:35 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Forum mock results so far, in order:

- Traded the #29 and #94 overall picks to Buffalo for the #39, #70, and #137 overall picks

- Traded RB Stevan Ridley to Cleveland for the #75 overall pick

- Selected Ohio St. CB Bradley Roby with the #39 overall pick

- Traded the #190 overall pick to Houston for LB Brooks Reed

- Selected Florida DL Dominique Easley with the #60 overall pick

- Selected Rutgers WR Brandon Coleman with the #70 overall pick

- Selected Penn St. DT DaQuan Jones with the #75 overall pick

Picks:

2.39. CB Bradley Roby, Ohio St.*

2.60. DL Dominique Easley, Florida

3.70. WR Brandon Coleman, Rutgers*

3.75. DT DaQuan Jones, Penn St.

What are you hoping to see over the rest of the draft? Any thoughts/suggestions/predictions?

Last edited by Matthew Jones : 12-14-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

With the seventieth overall pick, the Patriots drafted Rutgers wide receiver Brandon Coleman.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

With the seventy-fifth overall pick, the Patriots drafted Penn St. defensive tackle DaQuan Jones.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This defense can't finish a game. The third and 17 last week they gave up, the fourth down on this drive. It's frustrating to watch.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe if all of our receivers weren't under six feet we'd be able to catch some of these jump balls in the endzone.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that was frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After a great game last week Gostkowski hurt us bad today. Missed fg meant we needed a TD to win instead of a fg, then kicking out of bounds gave the Dolphins a short field to take the lead. Love the effort on offense late but missed Gronk in the red zone on both long fg drives. Defense couldn't stop anyone playing like that today. Hightower played poor coverage on the TD but actually played ok, put the main low points on the secondary. Cole is horrible and Dennard struggled. Like what I seen from Ryan and I don't think they threw at Talib at all. Oh...and Steve Gregory is bad. Gotta get Harmon in there at this stage

Old 12-15-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
After a great game last week Gostkowski hurt us bad today. Missed fg meant we needed a TD to win instead of a fg, then kicking out of bounds gave the Dolphins a short field to take the lead. Love the effort on offense late but missed Gronk in the red zone on both long fg drives. Defense couldn't stop anyone playing like that today. Hightower played poor coverage on the TD but actually played ok, put the main low points on the secondary. Cole is horrible and Dennard struggled. Like what I seen from Ryan and I don't think they threw at Talib at all. Oh...and Steve Gregory is bad. Gotta get Harmon in there at this stage
I echo this to the tee. *shrug*
Ah well... I really hope we get a bye.
We need it so bad. The Solder injury is one to watch.
Having Mankins at LT is not something I want to see again.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We basically, bearing a Bengals loss, played ourselves from first and home field throughout to third with the possibility of second as a best scenario. But I have to say I'm completely unsurprised, I knew we'd drop a stupid game to one of these teams.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The team just does not have the horses to compete anymore. I didn't even find myself upset at the outcome. This game it didn't seem like we played like crap because of bad decision making, or players just doing stupid ****. We genuinely looked like we played to the level that we're capable of, and it wasn't good enough.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where were Dobson and Thompkins for the last few plays?! I mean, aside from Edelman and Hooman getting absolutely Kuechly'd.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't like this team. I see them as a 500 team without Gronk, Wilfork, Mayo and the rest of the losses. We are over 25 million on IR now.

It continues to amaze me that this team is as good as it is. If NE won today, Brady might have taken some MVP votes from Brady.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Where were Dobson and Thompkins for the last few plays?! I mean, aside from Edelman and Hooman getting absolutely Kuechly'd.
They were both inactive with injuries...
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I just don't like this team. I see them as a 500 team without Gronk, Wilfork, Mayo and the rest of the losses. We are over 25 million on IR now.

I don't care what you like. You're getting the wildcard bye and there's nothing you can ******* do about it. This is meant as a joke.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

It continues to amaze me that this team is as good as it is. If NE won today, Brady might have taken some MVP votes from Brady.
I love this team. Just about every team they've played lately has more talent on the field, and the Pats just keep winning (or getting screwed at the end).
Old 12-16-2013, 03:52 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I love this team. Just about every team they've played lately has more talent on the field, and the Pats just keep winning (or getting screwed at the end).
I agree that I love what this team has been able to do despite losing so many "can't lose" players throughout the year.

But come on, they didn't get screwed yesterday. They had 2 15 play drives they couldn't punch into the endzone. The missed a field goal under 50 yards. They kicked it out of bounds with less than 5 minutes to go with a lead. They gave up a 4th and 5 to a screen pass. They gave up a TD late in the game when holding to a field goal would have given us a great shot to go down and win.

In the 4th quarter Brady, Edelman and Amendola played lights out, but when they got into the endzone it showed what was missing.

Edelman's TD was a yac TD. That is probably what we will need to do the rest of the way. It showed on the final drive. 2 plays to the corner of the endzone? That is clearly not the strength of Brady or the WRs. But when the defense floods the middle of the field you have to do something different.

Really, the Pats beat themselves yesterday. But not necessarily by playing terribly, as Cmarq says, they just don't have the talent at this stage.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Im with cmarq. We just dion't have the talent at this point, and losing gronk hurt us pretty much in the exact way we all knew it would, the red zone. Its bad when we need Dobson and Thompkins back in order to be a more complete offense, given how subpar theyve played this year.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-16-2013, 08:30 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Im with cmarq. We just dion't have the talent at this point, and losing gronk hurt us pretty much in the exact way we all knew it would, the red zone. Its bad when we need Dobson and Thompkins back in order to be a more complete offense, given how subpar theyve played this year.
Yeah, we all need to face facts, we aren't winning the Superbowl this year. We don't have the size to be effective in the red zone and the defense is going to find it tough to stop anyone.

At full strength it would have been hard given how the NFC is beasting it this year, but even in a sub par year for the AFC we won't do anything in the playoffs.

Best case is we win it (doubtful) and get the second seed then get a team like Indy or Cincy and somehow make it to the AFCCG. Even at that, there is probably not one team in the AFC playoff race with the exception of the Dolphins in Foxboro where I think we would have a realistic shot of winning. If we play either the Colts or Bengals all we can hope for is some sort of implosion by either team.

Right now we, talent-wise, we are a middle of the road AFC team.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Also not to get lost in the shuffle are the injuries to both Solder and Boyce. Idk how we havent gone full blown 2010 packer fans on this board yet.

Quote:
Quote: