Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 12-22-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't let this defense fool you. The ravens can't run it and Flacco can't step into the deep throw. Without the threat of the deep ball he is a bad qb.

Offense needs another td to give me some confidence though

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst refs ever. Ever.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Worst refs ever. Ever.
This can't be overstated. Wow. So bad. Ridiculously obviously bad.

edit: Check the sig :)

Last edited by Nalej : 12-22-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:38 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
No, you're not. I don't really expect it to be that close.
I was sorta right
Old 12-23-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very pleased with the win last night. With that said, alot of that was just a product of how bad the Ravens played. Our offense, is seriously scary bad once again without gronk. We have no legitimate weapons for Brady to throw to, and thats going to bite us in the ass. Defense I was very happy with however. A bunch of 4th down stops, turnovers, and two scores. Very solid effort from that side and Logan Ryan is quickly becoming someone who looks like he'll have a bright future. I would be perfectly fine with him as our nickel over Arrington. Also want to say how awesome slater is for a special teamer. He never gets mentioned but the guy is so money for us on special teams. That tackle he made on the second half punt was amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pleasantly surprised with Logan Ryan. Dude can catch.
But the offense, oi. Disappears for long stretches. Too many injuries to overcome to make a deep run in the playoffs, but if we can hit on some draft picks, free agents and stay healthy, next year could be good.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with you but Im tired of saying that year in and year out while Brady continues to get older. Something needs to be done now and I doubt its going to get any better. Who are we going to target this off season after we hopefully resign Talib, McCourty, and Spikes?

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I'm with you but Im tired of saying that year in and year out while Brady continues to get older. Something needs to be done now and I doubt its going to get any better. Who are we going to target this off season after we hopefully resign Talib, McCourty, and Spikes?
Tony Gonzalez?
Old 12-24-2013, 03:12 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Heh, that thought passed my mind. He can play 3rd down and red zone. If AZ had tanked I would have been interested in trading for Fitzgerald, but that team is now a contender (Arians is quite the coach.) A red zone threat and/or a situational pass rusher would be on my list.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

If we're talking about a healthy team in 2014, the needs (after re-signing Talib & McCourty) are RG, TE, maybe C (though I think Wendell's "issues" are nearly entirely Connolly being bad), DL, and depth everywhere.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:43 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like our second round pick would be best used on an OC/RG so NE would have someone to take over for Wendell and maybe play RG when Cannon/Vollmer goes down. Our First rounder could be used on someone like Stephon Tuitt who could play LDE and DT.

As long as we get our secondary resigned, we don't really need anything too big, so we could go after a player that fits a smaller need with bigger upside, like a Colt Lyerla.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We ended up making another pick in the forum mock, trading a 2015 seventh-round pick to acquire the #189 overall pick from Kansas City and using the pick to select Buffalo running back Branden Oliver.

I was very impressed with him during film review. He's 5'8", 208 pounds, with the type of squat build guys like Ray Rice have made popular lately. He enjoyed two highly-productive seasons at Buffalo, with the ability to squirt through holes, make defenders miss, and turn on the burners in the open field. Does a nice job of shielding his body from contact by getting low. Also retained frequently in pass protection, and worked effectively as a receiver in 2011 and 2013. Check out the first two runs of this video against Georgia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwS9tuIYVyA&t=2m
Old 12-27-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
We ended up making another pick in the forum mock, trading a 2015 seventh-round pick to acquire the #189 overall pick from Kansas City and using the pick to select Buffalo running back Branden Oliver.

I was very impressed with him during film review. He's 5'8", 208 pounds, with the type of squat build guys like Ray Rice have made popular lately. He enjoyed two highly-productive seasons at Buffalo, with the ability to squirt through holes, make defenders miss, and turn on the burners in the open field. Does a nice job of shielding his body from contact by getting low. Also retained frequently in pass protection, and worked effectively as a receiver in 2011 and 2013. Check out the first two runs of this video against Georgia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwS9tuIYVyA&t=2m
I'm torn on where and what type of back we should pick. On one hand I feel like adding a late round back won't do to much to add to our rotation. At the same time I think we definitely need some insurance around Vereen in terms of a receiving back.

Still while it may not be glaring now, I feel like going for someone like Andre Williams in the 3rd could be a prudent move. We're going to need someone to replace Blount, and Ridley will be in the last year of his contract next year. Personally I'd rather spend money to keep Vereen than Ridley. Andre Williams brings a nice balance between what we have with Blount in terms of occasional brute power, and Ridley in terms of having te burst to turn a 5 yard run into a 15 yard run. Plus, I'm a BC fan so the more Eagles in my book the better.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams is certainly one of the most powerful runners in recent memory, but I think his ball-security issues would make him a pretty questionable pick given how fumbles have landed Ridley in Belichick's doghouse. Williams also doesn't offer anything in terms of pass protection or as a receiver, so I'm not sure he'll be a Patriot. Some guys I would consider (in rough order) would be Carlos Hyde, Bishop Sankey, James Wilder Jr., Branden Oliver, Marion Grice, De'Anthony Thomas, Dri Archer.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it's fair to definitively say that Williams doesn't offer anything as a blocker or a receiver. We really won't know until the Senior Bowl.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I don't think it's fair to definitively say that Williams doesn't offer anything as a blocker or a receiver. We really won't know until the Senior Bowl.
I guess that's true, although I tend to think that if he were skilled in blitz pickup and a reliable receiver, he would have been used in those capacities at Boston College. He was a player I doubt they wanted to take off the field unless they needed to, which they ended up doing consistently on passing downs. Maybe he has some hidden talents, but it's hard to believe that the Eagles' coaching staff would have hidden them for his entire college career. Meanwhile, there are various other running back prospects who blocked and caught the ball extensively in college.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Which are all fair points to make. You just have to realize the ridiculous amount of times he carried the ball. If you're going to give someone the ball that often you have to give the guy a break at some point in time. I think the coaching staff made a concerted effort to run the ball when he was in there and saved him the effort of having to run patterns and pass block to keep him fresh when they needed him to carry the ball.

Either way his niche in the NFL will be with the ball in his hands. I just don't think you can use his lack of production in the passing game as a definitive knock because clearly the tools are there.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Why do we keep releasing Collie when hes proven he can actually contribute in big moments for us. I know hes injury prone but the guy has made a number of plays for us.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-27-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

I like Collie, but we can't have 3 slot receivers active on game day. If Thompkins and Dobson are healthy there is no place for Collie on this team.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

With that being said, why the hell is Jake Bequette still here? He clearly is not going to do anything here. Why not utilize his roster spot?
Old 12-28-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
With that being said, why the hell is Jake Bequette still here? He clearly is not going to do anything here. Why not utilize his roster spot?
Belichick loves him some Bequette. I don't mind keeping him. I think he'd get more action if Kelly and Wilfork weren't hurt.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

From watching the game, ridiculous stat of the day: NE has 13 straight winning seasons. Team in second (Packers)? 4.
What got into Blount today? That was awesome.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

So I'll be rooting for San Diego so we can play either KC or Indy. Cincy is the last team of the bunch I want to play right now.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-30-2013, 04:25 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So I'll be rooting for San Diego so we can play either KC or Indy. Cincy is the last team of the bunch I want to play right now.
Agreed, although I kinda think no matter who we play it will depend on what other team shows up.

If we play Cincy and the Andy Dalton from yesterday plays we win. If good Andy Dalton plays we likely lose.

If we play the Colts and they play like they did against Denver, Seattle, SF etc we lose, but really apart from that they have been an average looking side.

KC is interesting because they have beaten poor teams and got beaten by good teams but they are perfectly built to beat the Pats.

Dream scenario,

Indy beats KC and Cincy beats SD

Pats beat the bad Andy Dalton led Bengals
Indy beats the Broncos

Pats beat the Colts in Foxboro

Realistic scenario,

Pats one and done

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Soooooo,

Apparently Brandon Spikes is playing through a knee ligament tear that is going to require offseason surgery. Major props to that guy for not shutting it down on the verge of the most important financial negotiation of his life. I can't believe we're probably going to let this guy walk.