Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 05-21-2014, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronnie brown and Brian Leonard brought in. Don't really offer much but insurance at this point, I'd be confused if we were to keep one of them around as a fifth option behind white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:15 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those are great signings (in 2007)
Old 05-22-2014, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That doesn't make any sense
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did we sign them? I only saw we brought them in. I'd be so lost if we had 6 backs at this point.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
That doesn't make any sense
Kicking the tires on versatile players always makes sense.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I don't think we need 6 RB's. Its also nice to see us cutting guys we just gave 20K to.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-25-2014, 05:10 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw that 2011 third-round pick Austin Pettis might be cut in St. Louis; he was drafted only three months after the team hired Josh McDaniels as offensive coordinator, so it's possible he's someone McDaniels likes. So far Pettis has been a bit of a disappointment, but I'd be happy bringing him in to provide injury insurance for Brandon LaFell, as, like LaFell, he offers the versatility to line up in the slot (where he typically played for McDaniels) or on the outside, where he's been more successful. At 6'3", 203 pounds, he has good size, and, having dropped only six career passes, has sure hands as well. In 2012, he caught 65.2% of targets, and 64.4% in 2013; it seems like he's mostly thrown short crossing routes, though. At the Combine in 2011, he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.56 seconds and posted incredible short shuttle (3.88) and three-cone (6.68) times, the latter of which would have been good for second and t-fourth among receivers at this year's Combine, respectively. I seem to remember he was often mentioned as a possible Patriots target back then.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:55 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I don't think we need 6 RB's. Its also nice to see us cutting guys we just gave 20K to.
He was cut because he failed his physical. He will be back when he is healthy again. I have to believe NE wants him around. They wouldn't give someone 20k and then just cut them 4 days later without the idea that he's coming back. Then again, Jake Bequette is still on the roster... so there are things NE does that I can't explain.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peter King spoke to Tom Brady for his MMQB column this week.

Dissapointed King didn't ask him about his lack of proven receivers and what he thinks of Manning have so many proven guys while he has none, etc.

Here are some of the better parts of the discussion.

Quote:
My favorite Brady line from our 40-minute chat, talking about longevity: “You know, you don’t have to suck when you get older.”
Quote:
Said Brady: “It’s hard to explain this to people, but the commitment I make, in terms of keeping my body in shape and my nutrition right, should make me healthy. I feel better today than when I was 25, and I know that’s hard for people to believe, but I do. I work at it. Basically, I work all off-season to prepare my body to not get hurt. I can’t help the team if I’m on the sidelines. I’ve got to be durable.”
Quote:
“I had a pretty good idea we’d take a quarterback,” Brady said. “Coach Belichick doesn’t care who the quarterback is here. He’s always going to play the guy who he thinks gives him the best chance to win. It’s not my role to choose players here, thankfully. And this is not the first time they’ve taken another quarterback either. There’s no entitlement in the NFL. I don’t expect to be given anything. I just hope I’m the one most entitled to play that position for a long time here.”
Old 05-27-2014, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady is still such a competitor, I love it.

I was really high on Pettis coming out, I would love if we took a look at him if he were to become available.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In other news Vince Wilfork is awesome.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Ryan Allen is my favorite part of this otherwise corny video.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-03-2014, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Dont worry guys, were solving the weapons problem. Jermichael Finley!

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-04-2014, 03:42 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't know what Finley gives this team healthy or not, but one thing he is, is an upgrade after the guys not named Gronk for a gameplanning perspective. For the last 4 years or so Finley has probably been the best decoy in the NFL. However, if Gronk is back we don't really need a decoy if that makes any sense. Finley forced a safety to stay in the middle of the field because LBs couldn't cover him which freed up Jordy, Cobb etc. However, that safety is already going to be there with Gronk and by adding another defender to that overall area probably is counterproductive for Gronk. If Gronk is there the WRs should get enough chances against single coverage.

Although I would sign him as Gonk insurance as long as he does get cleared medically

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Finley is talented and we need weapons, but we all know the issues with him. The injury first and foremost, but also he has always had inconsistincies. The beginning of 2013 he looked like he had really turned the corner, but obviously his season, and potentially his career, were cut short. I really don't know how he would handle stepping on the field again, he was maddening when healthy at times and now with the injury that will not help anything. Having said all that, we need a guy like him, or at least a guy like what he has shown to be at times. Wouldn't hurt giving him a shot.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:09 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love a Finley or a Keller signing. Simply put, we got pitiful production out of our TE's besides Gronk last season. 13 catches in 10 non-Gronk games. That doesn't work. Finley is a giant doucherer who may not be healthy, but if he can play he can probably get you 40 catches 500 yds and 5TD's in the absence of Gronk, which I would most certainly take.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

He'd fit right in with the other guys in terms of stone hands too lol.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:58 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be the TE equivalent of having Amendola & Edelman heading into camp last year. We'll hope to have one not broken and able to play at any given time.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:09 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
He'd fit right in with the other guys in terms of stone hands too lol.
We're pretty much caught between a rock and a hard place with our receiver situation. We either have explosion (Vereen, Dobson) with no hands or fantastic hands with no explosion (Amendola, Edelman, Hooman, Lafell), or generally useless (Thompkins).

I say why not both?
Old 06-05-2014, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Few things I found interesting. Kevin williams asked us to call him up the other day, we brought him in today. Its getting crowded at the position but at least we dont have to worry about depth like last year. Browner picked off brady today, lafell made a nice red zone cath but has been noted to look uncomfortable at other times in our offense, thompkins apparently has bulked up and is impressing in mini camp for the second straight year. Really hope we get Gronk to stay healthy for the last part of this year. We should have a good team.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-05-2014, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

I just want to say that I like the James Anderson pick up, I think that will pay off. He is a very solid player.

Jvig as you said DT is getting crowded but it would be worth giving Williams a look, I don't think anyone is guaranteed a spot besides Wilfork and Easley. I do hope we find a way to keep Siliga, though. I really do like Chris Jones and Vellano as rotational guys, but they are role players and I don't know if we will have room for them. Who knows what is up with Armstead. I like Kelly, but he could be out as well.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:46 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd hate to see Siliga waived after looking like he took a big jump in development last year, especially in favor of one of the very old veterans that won't provide more than a one year stop-gap (if that).

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:20 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had to guess I would say we will carry 10 DL, 5 LBs and 8 DBs.

The 8 DBs will likely be Revis, McCourty, Ryan, Dennard, Browner, Arrington, Harmon and one other, probably either Ebner or Wilson.

The 5 LBs will likely be Mayo, Hightower, Collins, Anderson and White.

At DL I could see 6 DTs and 4 DEs.

DEs would be Nink, Chandler, Will Smith and Buchannan and at DT Wilfork, Easley, Siliga and then 3 of Armstead, Kelly, Williams (if signed), Jones and Vellano.

Honestly I could see Siliga as being nearly a lock. He is Wilfork insurance and no other guy on the roster can be that guy in the middle. I think Tommy Kelly could be gone, rumor is he still isn't close to being back although Armstead has been in and out of practice too.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:13 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

So, apparently none of our receivers can get open against Revis...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...darrelle-revis

I'm not sure if that's just because Revis is Revis again... or our offensive talent just sucks that badly. (both?)
Old 06-06-2014, 11:22 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
So, apparently none of our receivers can get open against Revis...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...darrelle-revis

I'm not sure if that's just because Revis is Revis again... or our offensive talent just sucks that badly. (both?)
I'm hoping the former, but I wish we had the latter so we could actually test this theory. I've been reviewing all the passes to Thompkins and Dobson last season, and Dobson did beat Revis twice last year. He is out of OTA's I believe though.