Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 06-06-2014, 12:48 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Revis @ 2 years post injury . . . I seriously can't wait to see this every week. My only wish is that he wore some other number, as I'm reasonably sure he's about to overshadow Ty Law despite some tremendous play by Law in his years here.

I just hope we don't have some jackhole politician putting up Revis Island road signs like they did in NY.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so totally surprised that a bunch of scrubs can't get open against a top 3 DB in the NFL guys

But seriously thats good news. Ive also heard browner is doing very well also. If we can get Easely healthy and worked in along that line and Harmon can prove to be adequate next to McCourty our defense is going to be so good (I hope). Now if we could just score some points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Revis @ 2 years post injury . . . I seriously can't wait to see this every week. My only wish is that he wore some other number, as I'm reasonably sure he's about to overshadow Ty Law despite some tremendous play by Law in his years here.

I just hope we don't have some jackhole politician putting up Revis Island road signs like they did in NY.
As much as I hate Jets fans, Boston fans are typically just as obnoxious.

To add, as a surprise to no one were looking to lock up McCourty long term.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 06-06-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
As much as I hate Jets fans, Boston fans are typically just as obnoxious.
There's no question about that. But the use of municipal funds, time, and property was way over the top obnoxious.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I heard a little info on Armstead this weekend. Apparently he has an issue with his heart. I guess that is what has been keeping him from participating and they say it doesn't look good for his football future. Nothing is set in stone, but that explains a lot considering how much of a mystery he has been.

I guess it was an issue for him in the past but it looks like it might still be a problem.
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
So I heard a little info on Armstead this weekend. Apparently he has an issue with his heart. I guess that is what has been keeping him from participating and they say it doesn't look good for his football future. Nothing is set in stone, but that explains a lot considering how much of a mystery he has been.

I guess it was an issue for him in the past but it looks like it might still be a problem.
This was a major factor before, didn't know it was still affecting him though. If Armstead is unable to play, signing Kevin Williams becomes an even better idea.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I guess he is still having problems with it, it might be a career ending type of thing. I obivously hope not, that would be sad, but it sounds like it is still a very serious issue for him.
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Why are we interested in Flowers? lol do we not already have an adequate secondary? Of course were looking to upgrade the one position that doesn't need upgrading.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-19-2014, 01:37 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only rational explanation I could possibly have is that they want to get rid of Dennard either through trade for his equivalent type piece (cost controlled rookie contract player with a couple of years left) at a need position, or via outright release. Considering that would be too rational of an expectation, I'm going to go with "we need to spend several million on depth"
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Why would we trade Dennard tho? I like Dennard a lot, and actually have no idea why everyone thinks browner will be the number two just like that (I also have no idea why Reiss keeps saying we should expect Arrington over both Dennard and Ryan for the third spot). Good to know we aren't afraid to go after players at a position of need on the defensive side of the ball.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-19-2014, 02:21 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Why would we trade Dennard tho? I like Dennard a lot, and actually have no idea why everyone thinks browner will be the number two just like that (I also have no idea why Reiss keeps saying we should expect Arrington over both Dennard and Ryan for the third spot). Good to know we aren't afraid to go after players at a position of need on the defensive side of the ball.
I'm with you. Dennard vs. Ryan in a battle for the #2 spot opposite Revis. Browner will be out for the first four, anyway.

Old 06-19-2014, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Dennard and Ryan should be ranked right up there with Browned for the 2nd spot, with the other two vying for the third and Arrington being a disappointing backup.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-19-2014, 02:55 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Dennard and Ryan should be ranked right up there with Browned for the 2nd spot, with the other two vying for the third and Arrington being a disappointing backup.
I agree. Browner is kind of a wild card as a S/CB combo, but not necessarily a clear cut #2 over Dennard & Ryan.

Ryan vs. Browner maybe for safey, though.

Old 06-19-2014, 04:25 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only thought with Dennard is that he's pretty much the most tradable asset we have. It would only cost us $20000 in dead money to flip him somewhere. I think he's a really solid #2, but if we could somehow get his type equivalent at another position I wouldn't hate it. (Not really sure who that would be to begin with, Brian Quick maybe?) Considering that he was in prison earlier this offseason, isn't at minicamp, and may fall behind Arrington, Browner, and Ryan on the depth chart it wouldn't shock me if he wasn't on the team come September.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Wow really? I guess I'm just on the total opposite spectrum. I think behind Talib last year he was def our best corner.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-20-2014, 06:46 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Dennard as #2 CB, but as mentioned I really like Ryan and Browner in that role as well. I don't understand the interest in Flowers.

As for Arrington, I would def rank Ryan above him, but in the slot I don't like Dennard having to defend against a 2 way release. He isn't really a quick twitch guy but knows how to use the sideline to help him.

As it stands I am more than happy with the secondary as it is. Adding another guy doesn't make sense when there are holes at WR, TE etc

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:45 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I think Ryan was improving quickly and drastically to end the season. He certainly could be the better #2 but Dennard was solid. He's just getting banged up too often. Between that and his off field stuff, I doubt there's a hot market for him. The Flowers interest seems silly to me, too. Especially considering the likely high cost to add him to an already studly looking backfield.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yeah makes zero sense to me, I love what we have at the position right now.

Also good news, Easely practiced yesterday without a brace on his leg, while it wasn't 100% or anything notes said he looked quick. Please stay healthy.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-20-2014, 10:32 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah makes zero sense to me, I love what we have at the position right now.

Also good news, Easely practiced yesterday without a brace on his leg, while it wasn't 100% or anything notes said he looked quick. Please stay healthy.
Yeah the most encouraging thing was, and I'm not sure if you guys have seen the videos posted by some of the beat writers, him cutting and changing direction. I have had knee injuries before and the hardest part is quick changes. Hopefully he's a full go for training camp because I am really starting to believe that Armstead will never play a down in the NFL

Old 06-20-2014, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Yeah I have knee issues as well being a runner for so long. Not really the same injury but I can attest that its the changing of direction that is the most significant hindrance of a knee injury. I have the worst tendinitis in both knees, and when i overwork them the swelling gets so bad I can hardly walk the following few days after a workout. With that said, running a straight line isn't too much of an issue, but if I have to cut quickly or change direction I almost fall over. It was good to see him snapping off the ball and changing direction so fast. With that said, it hardly means anything. I just would love to have a player of his potential as a big piece to this defense.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-24-2014, 05:04 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I know this is easy to say but I think if we can say healthy on defense we will be a top 5 unit. There is too much talent at all 3 levels if everyone stays on the field.

I could really see us being significantly better than we were the first 4 weeks of last year and that was the best our D had played in a number of years.

Two potential weak spots I see are SS and DE across from Jones, however I can see Belichick trying to get as many CBs on the field as possible to make up for the safety issue.

I would love to see both Collins and Hightower rush more and combined with what could be a nice interior pass rush I am cautiously optimistic.

Offensively, if Gronk is healthy we will be good. If not we won't. It is that simple

Old 06-24-2014, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I think were at the point where it would be a surprise if Gronk does stay healthy.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-24-2014, 04:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This feels like one of those years where they won't have injury problems on defense.

Someone else has to step up on offense. At least the Pats do have players who have the potential to step up.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Such as who?

Right now White sounds like the most exciting acquisition. The only other thing weve heard is that once again Thompkins looks good in the off season, but lets see how that translates to the regular season.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-25-2014, 04:43 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I really think offensively, even with Gronk, we need to follow through with the building philosophy we had at the end of the year. I would love to see us dominate teams on the ground with Brady going off play action to Gronk down the seam.

If our defense can take that step it should take a lot of pressure off the offense to score 30 points every game.

But hey, these are all potential and hypothetical things. We likely won't know anything for at least another 2 months. I hate the offseason !!!