Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 06-25-2014, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know a lot of people hate it, or maybe its just non real football fans, but I love the preseason games and keeping up with how camps are going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:08 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once camp starts I love it, but it's the bit after the draft and between then that gets me. People read way too much into OTAs and minicamp and then you have the dead perios we are in now.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...out-gronkowski

I really like this article and think it puts things into a better perspective. We really shouldn't be focusing on if Gronk can stay healthy but we could have done to make sure we were ok if he wasn't there all season. To that I'd obviously say not enough but maybe the 2nd year guys step up. Dobson's injury worries me, I think hes the better player than Thompkins but I'm going to assume we'll get a similar scenario to last year when we see Thompkins start and Dobson take over half way through.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:37 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pictures came out the other day of Dobson playing at a charity basketball event so I am hoping him sitting out the OTAs and minicamp were more of a precaution and he will be good to go for training camp.

This is a year where we really need everyone to be healthy and contribute so we can ease Gronk back in. If we have Gronk healthy to finish the year then I am relatively confident in our chances.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:14 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Word out of mini-camp is that Jaime Collins looks like he's gained weight. I don't really like that. 6'3" 250 looked like his natural weight. The last thing in the world I want is for the Patriots coaching staff to encourage him to go the Jerod Mayo route, and gain weight at the expense of his fluidity.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Reiss reported he looked just as fast despite the muscle. So hopefully it will be a non issue. Thompkins has apparently bulked up as well. But yeah, we really need more of the collins we had last year and less of Mayo.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-27-2014, 03:09 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Reiss reported he looked just as fast despite the muscle. So hopefully it will be a non issue. Thompkins has apparently bulked up as well. But yeah, we really need more of the collins we had last year and less of Mayo.
Then again, seasoned scouts have arguments over whether a player is fast or not. The only good way to determine it is his on field performance or something objective like a 40 time (which is a bad metric for linebackers, but you get the idea)
Old 06-27-2014, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I'm trying to stay optimistic here about it lol.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-29-2014, 08:12 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm incredibly optimistic about this team. With how crazy athletic Collins is, I doubt some added weight will really affect him. Mayo was athletic, but not as much as Collins. I find it hard to believe that the Patriots would draft a coverage backer and turn him into yet another run stuffer (like Mayo and Hightower...).

The biggest issues on this team should be resolved by midseason. Gronk getting back will be a big one. Browner coming back from suspension will be a big one too. The real question mark is at DT.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I think so long as we keep people healthy DT is absolutely fine, this year anyway.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-30-2014, 05:33 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I think a full offseason in the strength and conditioning program will naturally add a bit of weight to Collins' frame, however I would hope it is no more than about 5lbs.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

So apparently Develin is getting snaps at TE. Thats right, former cle Defensive lineman turned fullback is now playing TE for us. Youre welcome Brady.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-02-2014, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Trade the two firsts for Graham. Watch Gronk and Graham destroy the nfl for years to come.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-03-2014, 03:14 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Trade the two firsts for Graham. Watch Gronk and Graham destroy the nfl for years to come.
No, here is what is going to happen.

Next year, we will let Revis walk despite him showing he is the best defensive player in football, then trade out of pick 29 into the second round and draft an undersized, plucky DB and a guy nobody has every heard of.

Then the year after we will trade out of pick 28 to the second round and draft a WR who needs time to transition even though we could have drafted a potential stud in the first round.

Then Brady just says "**** it" and retires!!!

Old 07-03-2014, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I see what youre doing here. Reverse psychology. Since we all know BB and company clearly read what we want on here and then elect to go in the opposite direction.

Yeah, thats totally what we should do!

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-03-2014, 03:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Can you guys imagine what it would be like if Ozzie Newsome was our GM? The man got something for Rolando McClain. I mean... I don't even...

I think Bill has done a good job, but sometimes I think the coach in him gets in the way of the GM making the right call. He falls in love with guys as a coach and then picks them (Tavon Wilson... for example) in spite of their talent maybe not matching the round they are in.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:41 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Can you guys imagine what it would be like if Ozzie Newsome was our GM? The man got something for Rolando McClain. I mean... I don't even...

I think Bill has done a good job, but sometimes I think the coach in him gets in the way of the GM making the right call. He falls in love with guys as a coach and then picks them (Tavon Wilson... for example) in spite of their talent maybe not matching the round they are in.
Meh, after a ridiculous start to his career, Ozzie Newsome's drafts have been absolutely nothing to write home about. Since 2010 I would say the Pats have outdrafted them by a very substantial margin.

We have our Tavon Wilson's/Jake Bequette's/Taylor Price's, but Ozzie has his Sergio Kindle's/Terrence Cody's/Jah Reid's of the world.

The Ravens have been bouncing around a wildcard spot for the better part of a decade. They play us well, and have won a championship, but we've been consistently a better organization from top to bottom over the last few years, and that has more to do than just Brady.

Still Belichick does plenty of annoying ****, I concur with that. Really if we could blend the good Belichick (Eye for late round talent, consistency with first round picks, ability to make the big move) with Ozzie's (not ignoring collossal roster holes, not signing mid-tier free agents) we'd be unstoppable.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Josh Gordon could be getting a year suspension. Go put fliers on him and Blackmon for cheap just in case for the future.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-05-2014, 06:35 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Josh Gordon could be getting a year suspension. Go put fliers on him and Blackmon for cheap just in case for the future.
I've been on the Blackmon bandwagon for awhile. I think he could possibly be back this year, and he even more so than Gordon is the exact kind of receiver we need (Sure Handed, intermediate threat).
Old 07-05-2014, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Im down for whatever help we can get. Seems like a low risk high reward player go for every year anyway

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-07-2014, 06:14 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Would Jacksonville really let Blackmon go? I was never his biggest fan, but even a WR of his talent would be a huge improvement in NE...
Old 07-10-2014, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ans-this-year/

Come on Pats, make this move now. Get him in here for training camp

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-10-2014, 11:32 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

I think we need to stop dreaming, our 2014 receiver core is what it is at this point. I know we've done plenty of whining on this already, but it's pretty hard to analyze the fact that management saw what it did last year from our weapons, and decided the solution was Brandon Lafell.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ms-interested/

I know it wont happen, but Im still going to contend for it cause thats what a football board is for and we need him. We best be one of those teams.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-10-2014, 12:25 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not worth his current contract. Unless he agrees to something drastic, there's no way he will be a Patriot. Honestly, I wouldn't be happy to see him here on his current deal. PFT has his 2014 base as 10m, which is more than the 6.5m that roto shows. Basically, he's not even close to a 10m+ per year WR at this point in his career. He might be worth it this year but then we'd be stuck with a huge tab for a fast-fading, very old WR.

Per rotoworld:

8/5/2010: Signed a seven-year, $62.7 million contract. The deal contains $48 million guaranteed, including a $2.8 million signing bonus. Another $10 million is available through incentives based on performance. Johnson is eligible for annual workout bonuses of $1 million throughout the contract's life. The Texans paid Johnson a $5.5 million "signing" bonus during the 2013 offseason. 2014: $6.5 million, 2015: $10.5 million, 2016: $11 million, 2017: Free Agent

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote