Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 12-11-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.c...tail&pid=40829

Titus Adams signed to 53 man roster. This guy has major potential.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So has Adalius Thomas started to pack his bags?

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been around the Pats forums at all this season, but I decided I couldn't stay away from NFLDC.

Let's hope that the Pats can get things going and make some noise in the playoffs.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
So has Adalius Thomas started to pack his bags?

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been around the Pats forums at all this season, but I decided I couldn't stay away from NFLDC.

Let's hope that the Pats can get things going and make some noise in the playoffs.
Adalius is going to be gone after this year. No word on whether or not he's going to play for the rest of the year. Personally I don't really see the benefit of having him around, unless financially it makes sense to wait until after the season. In that case, I'd just deactivate him for the rest of the year for conduct detrimental to the team - if he's suspended for that, he doesn't get paid for the rest of the year. The team actually got some pretty good pressure today without him, and when the loudest voice on your defense is speaking out against the head coach, that's never good.

As for the game this week, very mixed thoughts. I think Tom Brady did a very nice job especially considering how banged up he was going into the game. The running game looked very nice and Maroney is establishing himself as our clear #1, even with a strong performance from Kevin Faulk and a decent one from Sammy Morris. I thought it was interesting how the offensive line was set up at the beginning, with Connolly getting the start over Vollmer - I'm starting to think a Light-Mankins-Koppen-Kaczur-Vollmer line is the best setup, although Kaczur got hurt during the game. When he was in, it seemed like he had a lot of trouble with Peppers, too, so maybe he's best suited inside.

The pass defense looked pretty good (or at least much improved) aside from that one deep pass to Steve Smith - they seemed to get pretty good pressure considering the lack of talent and Moore didn't play a good game by any means. I would have liked to see a few interceptions though - Sanders dropped an easy one, Butler dropped one I was hoping he'd make, and the Bodden one of course ended up being reversed. They gave up a few big chunks to DeAngelo Williams but overall I think they contained him pretty well - at least he didn't run wild.

Now onto the negatives - the pass catching was atrocious and the team turned the ball over too much. Sammy Morris dropped one and fumbled the ball away deep in Carolina territory. Welker dropped one, Edelman dropped one, Chris Baker had one bounced off his chest without thinking to raise his arms. But I think we can all agree that the most disconcerting performance belonged to Randy Moss - he looked completely disinterested, jogging out a bunch of routes. He also dropped one really easy one on a slant and another that I thought he could have caught. Brady's interception was a case of Moss not running out the route - if he had hustled, he would have been there for the catch. Even his one catch was immediately fumbled away.

The other thing I took issue with was crowd noise - for a very long time, this had the feel of a preseason game. The Patriots home crowd has been very weak all season, but this is pretty much unforgivable. We've seen how big home-field advantage can be in the past - the team has had a lot of trouble going on the road. They're cleaning up at home, but I don't really think the Patriots fans have been doing them many favors. People need to get more enthusiastic about the team - I know it's a down year, but when your disappointing season is an 8-5 record and a division lead, you can't really complain.

I'm pumped for next week's game - the Patriots have a real shot to win their first true road game of the season at Buffalo. The Bills won this week, but I don't think they've been playing particularly well this year and I don't think I would get many arguments there. If they're not 9-5 after next week, it'd be pretty surprising. The Dolphins have a tough road game coming up at Tennessee, who's been playing very good lately. They already did us a favor by rolling over in Foxboro and losing by 59, so hopefully they can do us another and take care of Miami. If the Falcons get Matt Ryan and Michael Turner back for next week, they have a pretty good shot of going into New York and beating the Jets, too. If both Miami and New York lose and the Patriots win next week, the division is basically over.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah next week is pretty much a must win I'd say, we need to get that first real road win and we can't let the Jets/Phins gain more ground.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:59 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know next week a win is all that matters but I think a big performance is needed to get the confidence up. Despite all the problems were still 8-5 and in control of the division but the poor play and recent infractions in the locker room have put a dampner on things. A few big performances heading into the playoffs and it should hopefully be back to normal where no one wants to play us in January

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BB backing up Moss and then taking a shot at the Panthers was awesome

Old 12-15-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup. Brady defending him on the morning show on EEI, too.

Hopefully Randy takes it to heart and doesn't give a piss poor effort again. Ever.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very worried about the whole setting of this team right now. With the whole sending people home thing, Moss playing lazy, Thomas speaking out, the stupid turnovers, the crowd, etc... Its really something we havent seen these past couple of years. Hopefully we can win out and get some confidence back. What has really seemed strange to me is BB is praised for his second half adjustments, yet this year weve out scored opponents in the first half by something like +103, and the second half is -7 or something, very strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I decided to try my hand at a more positive writeup on the Patriots and ended up with what I think is a pretty good essay. Feel free to check it out and leave me some feedback!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37175
Old 12-20-2009, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Now that Neal, Kaczur, Warren, Wilfork, and Pryor are out this week, what do people think the lines are going to look like? Here are my guesses:

OL: Light - Mankins - Koppen - Connolly - Vollmer
DL: Wright - Brace - Green

I would actually love to see Wright at UT, Brace at NT, and Derrick Burgess or maybe even Adalius Thomas at LE, but I don't know if the team is thinking the same thing. 4-3 front might not make a whole lot of sense with the lack of line depth but 3-4 doesn't without a stud nose tackle either.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Now that Neal, Kaczur, Warren, Wilfork, and Pryor are out this week, what do people think the lines are going to look like? Here are my guesses:

OL: Light - Mankins - Koppen - Connolly - Vollmer
DL: Wright - Brace - Green

I would actually love to see Wright at UT, Brace at NT, and Derrick Burgess or maybe even Adalius Thomas at LE, but I don't know if the team is thinking the same thing. 4-3 front might not make a whole lot of sense with the lack of line depth but 3-4 doesn't without a stud nose tackle either. Not looking forward to trying to stop Lynch and Jackson with these guys.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The OL actually improves due to injuries... That's sad. Should be interesting to see what they do with the DL. My guess is we'll see a lot of 4-man fronts. Titus Adams looked really good in the pre-season, so I'm optimistic there... Tully and Burgess will have their hands on the turf a lot.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tully had himself a game.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Tully had himself a game.
He was in beast mode. The sack where he pushed the guy into Fitpatrick was amazing.

On the downside, clearly something is wrong health wise with Brady. He doesn't look right.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A good game considering how badly banged up the team is in the trenches. A decent showing against a very good pass D, especially when we consider the few misses by Brady/Moss.

Randy bounced back, and then stated as much. lol

The D looked pretty good considering we fielded a front 7 stocked with backups - excluding Mayo, naturally.

Maroney and the oline looked solid but certainly have room for improvement. 109 yards rushing is not exactly great against one of the worst run Ds in the league.

Jets/Phins losses . . . fan-*******-tastic!!! Get into the post season 1st. I'll take any shot we get at advancing. A home game followed by a trip to SD/Indy sounds like a fine path to Miami.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw on ESPN that we now have the third seed in the playoff picture? Not sure how considering Cincy has more division wins than we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

ESPN accuracy at work.

Cincy is the higher seed right now. ---> link to NFL.com 'playoff picture' page.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think that NE will retain Wilfork?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Do you think that NE will retain Wilfork?

I'm pretty sure I speak for every Pats fan on the board when I say NE MUST resign him. And also when I say . . . Who knows if they actually will.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I'm pretty sure I speak for every Pats fan on the board when I say NE MUST resign him. And also when I say . . . Who knows if they actually will.
I initially thought that trading Seymour opened up the funds to keep Wilfork. But you did draft Brace. What position does he project at for you guys? Is he ready? Will Wilfork's battles with injuries this year, affect management's decision to let him go? He's still under 30 years old, but he has a lot of mileage on his wheels.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I initially thought that trading Seymour opened up the funds to keep Wilfork. But you did draft Brace. What position does he project at for you guys? Is he ready? Will Wilfork's battles with injuries this year, affect management's decision to let him go? He's still under 30 years old, but he has a lot of mileage on his wheels.
Wilfork has played like an All Pro this season. While Brace hasn't seen much action, he did OK against the Bills (minus that stupid face mask penalty). For me, that's not enough to make me comfortable with Brace at NT. I'd prefer us to break the bank for once, and pay Vince Wilfork. He's the best NT in the league at the moment, and it's such an important position. If we don't re-sign Wilfork, this defense will suck worse than it has this year..
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

We must re-sign/franchise him. We can't afford to lose him.
I don't see Brace as a replacement but as an important piece of a rotation.
Valuable but not on Wilfork's level.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

There's no way I'd be pleased with Brace over Wilfork. I'd get that deal done ASAP.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:28 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NT's take a year-and-a-half to two years to show whether they'll be good or not. I think Brace will be fine. People compare him negatively to Pryor, but they're not asking Pryor to learn what Brace needs to learn. Pryor just gets to play kind of a UT role (which is cake) whereas Brace is having to learn to be a NT in both a 3-4 and a 4-3 as well as 3-4 DE... It's a lot.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
The rumor mill had been saying Vince wasn't asking for a bank breaking, Haynesworth type deal. It was also said that the Pats were close to a deal with him. Nothing was ever substantiated, though.

The combination of the Cassel/Vrabel trade, the draft day free fall, and the Seymour move have left me completely puzzled, honestly. Each move was questionable and seemed like it would make an extension for both Wilfork and Mankins a no-brainer, yet neither has happened.

All I can do at this point is hope that the FO expects to be able to manipulate the potentially uncapped year so they're holding off on everything until the CBA is solidified.

Brace is definitely not ready to replace Vince. There really are only a handful of guys on the same level as Vince and none will be available to us. But Nalej has it right - there's no way Vince walks next year. He'll be franchised if he isn't extended.