Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-04-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I support playing the starters. Always have, always will.

Losing Welker sucks but he wasn't even hit. That's the type of thing that can happen in practice, game, or anywhere else (that he's making a football move . . . lol.)

His loss will hurt our chances in the playoffs but not as bad as the terrible defense we're fielding week to week. I still can't figure out how this team is ranked so high defensively.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a freak injury. Can't blame anyone for that. Should he specifically been scratched? Maybe. But whatever. We move forward. Sam Aiken and Edelman have to step up in a HUGE way. Moss does as well. We've been using him for more than the deep ball ever since the Carolina game, maybe that helps sustain the hit a bit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant be upset at the coaches for playing him given the circumstances, its just something I wished happen now that he got injured, I'm just being silly. However now that welker is likely out for a good amount of time ( some say he might not be ready for the start of the season next year) while his return to where he was even, is questionable, what are the chances we go for a receiver in the draft or through free agency. I would love to see us go for Marshall, give him a fresh start (hopefully we can clean up the off field issues) with all that has happened in Denver this year. Moss is 33, Welker might not return to what he was, this is starting to worry me. I dont want to see Brady throwing to a bunch of bums like in 2006. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I cant be upset at the coaches for playing him given the circumstances, its just something I wished happen now that he got injured, I'm just being silly. However now that welker is likely out for a good amount of time ( some say he might not be ready for the start of the season next year) while his return to where he was even, is questionable, what are the chances we go for a receiver in the draft or through free agency. I would love to see us go for Marshall, give him a fresh start (hopefully we can clean up the off field issues) with all that has happened in Denver this year. Moss is 33, Welker might not return to what he was, this is starting to worry me. I dont want to see Brady throwing to a bunch of bums like in 2006. Thoughts?
I agree, but I don't want Marshall. I think he's a lockerroom cancer. Give me a rookie any day! Arrelious Benn, Dezmon Briscoe, Golden Tate, Jordan Shipley... The draft is loaded with talent this year, let's take advantage and get some cheap players who'll perform very well.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I agree, but I don't want Marshall. I think he's a lockerroom cancer. Give me a rookie any day! Arrelious Benn, Dezmon Briscoe, Golden Tate, Jordan Shipley... The draft is loaded with talent this year, let's take advantage and get some cheap players who'll perform very well.
Meh, people say that about all the players we bring in, Moss, Dillon, Merriweather, they seem to understand we dont need them to win so they better get on board with how we run things or go play for a **** team. I dont think Marshall would misbehave with BB calling the shots.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss and Dillon were the way they were because they were on bad teams. Marshall is the way he is because he is the way he is... Marshall's been like this on good teams. Kinda like Terrell Owens (but worse).
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Moss and Dillon were the way they were because they were on bad teams. Marshall is the way he is because he is the way he is... Marshall's been like this on good teams. Kinda like Terrell Owens (but worse).
Brandon Marshall has only been on the Broncos, and for four years, which have been anything but good for Denver.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-04-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The big time, impact wide receiver will come in two years with the Raiders draft pick. Not even thinking about Welker not being ready for next year. We see guys come back from injuries like that in an offseason all the time these days.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-05-2010, 06:26 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to think if the Pats can get someone like Benn or Tate in the second or someone in free agency then they should. Assuming the Raiders bomb again next year I'd love the Pats to take Patrick Peterson and pair him with Butler and have Wilhite at nickel.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

If we can get Golden Tate after getting a couple linebackers, I wouldn't have a problem with that at all.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-05-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup . . . just like that WR becomes a need . . . Golden & Brandon as bookend "Tates"

I could deal with that.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They could be the Tate-riots

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

What picks do we have in the second round? Are any high up?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-05-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

12 - 44th overall - New England - from Jacksonville

15 - 47th overall - New England - from Tennessee

Old 01-05-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
12 - 44th overall - New England - from Jacksonville

15 - 47th overall - New England - from Tennessee
Well thats not too shabby, dont we have another from Green bay if im not mistaken?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-06-2010, 03:56 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Well thats not too shabby, dont we have another from Green bay if im not mistaken?
We don't, only our own pick as well. So 1 first round pick, 3 second round picks and no third round picks - unless we get a compensatory pick.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

^ Right. Though we haven't lost anyone to FA recently that I can think of so I doubt we get any compensatory picks. Not 100% sure on that, though.

I don't remember a deal in recent years with Green Bay, but that doesn't mean there wasn't one. The way BB & the boys wheel & deal it's certainly possible we had one and traded it away.

We're definitely in a good position to draft some talent to fill our needs. I'm warming up to the idea of WR or even TE in round one. Watson looked like a man playing for a contract at the beginning of the year but turned into the same old slug down the stretch. But I'd be fine with a later round pick (Graham from the U?) or a guy like Scheffler who seems like a lock for a tag and trade if not RFA/UFA.

Overall, I think I'd rather roll the dice with Moss/Aiken/Tate/Edelman next season while waiting for Welker's return and look for a WR in 2011. Gimme all LB and Oline in April. :D

Old 01-06-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the deal with Green Bay was their second last year when they moved up for Clay Matthews.

I'm all for jus LB and OL early this year unless someone really falls. If someone like Gresham is available in the mid second I'd take him in a heartbeat

Old 01-06-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I think the deal with Green Bay was their second last year when they moved up for Clay Matthews.

I'm all for jus LB and OL early this year unless someone really falls. If someone like Gresham is available in the mid second I'd take him in a heartbeat
Yup, I just checked and you guys are right. The Packers moved up for Mathew :(

We received their second and two 3rds for the 2009 draft. The 2nd was used on Darius Butler, one 3rd was used to select Tate and the other 3rd was traded to Jax for this year's 2nd.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Ok, I was gonna say I thought we made some trade with them.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-06-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Do any of you listen to PFW in Progress? Today they mentioned an article which I found. It was written before the draft.

Quote:
"Edelman really impressed at his pro day workout in the Kent State Field House. Edelman ran a 4.51 second 40-yard dash, which would have topped all quarterbacks at the NFL Scouting Combine in February and placed him in the top 15 among receivers. Edelman’s times of 3.91 seconds in the short shuttle and 10.74 in the long shuttle would have been the fastest times recorded at the Combine, regardless of position. NFL people asked him to run the short shuttle again because they didn’t believe the number and Edelman actually ran it even faster the next time.

"He’s a really skilled guy, similar to (Antwaan) Randle El and Seneca Wallace. He can play ‘Wildcat,’ return kicks, and he may be the next Wes Welker as a wide receiver," a league insider said."
Link to article

This is spot on imo! If Edelman can continue to develop, he can get scary good. Of course, he's no Wes Welker and might never be. But he definetly has potential!
Old 01-06-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

He definitely eases the burden of losing Welker but is still not near the threat Welker is. Hopefully though the Ravens will think now that Welker's out they can concentrate solely on Moss then Edelman, the TEs and RBs can have a nice day

Old 01-07-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Again, just doesn't track the ball properly past five yards. Doesn't have Welker's hands either. Like him a lot going forward, but not to depend on during a playoff run.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-07-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Do any of you listen to PFW in Progress? Today they mentioned an article which I found. It was written before the draft.

Link to article

This is spot on imo! If Edelman can continue to develop, he can get scary good. Of course, he's no Wes Welker and might never be. But he definetly has potential!
I think the most amazing thing with Edelman, is that he came into camp with you guys without really having any experience at WR. The first game against the jets, I came away very impressed with the kid. I've seen most of your games, but not every snap. Has BB run any type of wildcat type of plays with him??

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:17 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
I think the most amazing thing with Edelman, is that he came into camp with you guys without really having any experience at WR. The first game against the jets, I came away very impressed with the kid. I've seen most of your games, but not every snap. Has BB run any type of wildcat type of plays with him??
No, nothing. I think Faulk is the only one playing wildcat, but not quite sure of that. But then again, why would he want to take Brady off the field? I'm fine with not running the wildcat. Edelman hasn't played much, mostly due to injuries. He does have great potential though, and I'm very much looking forward to watching him play in the playoffs.