Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 05-25-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for posting the source there, I hadn't seen Darko wanted that kind of money otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned a possible trade. Whoever gives him that kind of money is making a big mistake.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im reading all this stuff that the Bulls may want to go after this Collision guy. I wouldnt mind it, but I think its a very tiny bandaid for a big cut. I would trade Duhon and or Noc + someone for this guy, but I am reading (all over) that it would include the 9th ovrl draft pick.

I think Zach Randolph still, if we figure out the cap would be the best solution. He is young, and is coming into his own. And while he has some character issues, he is surrounded by a good group of guys.

I also (not a big NCAA fan) have been looking at a few mocks, and reading up on some guys. 3 guys I like a lot are:
Spencer Hawes
Conley (G from OSU)
Julian Wright

I think any of those guys would be a good addition also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Im reading all this stuff that the Bulls may want to go after this Collision guy. I wouldnt mind it, but I think its a very tiny bandaid for a big cut. I would trade Duhon and or Noc + someone for this guy, but I am reading (all over) that it would include the 9th ovrl draft pick.

I think Zach Randolph still, if we figure out the cap would be the best solution. He is young, and is coming into his own. And while he has some character issues, he is surrounded by a good group of guys.

I also (not a big NCAA fan) have been looking at a few mocks, and reading up on some guys. 3 guys I like a lot are:
Spencer Hawes
Conley (G from OSU)
Julian Wright

I think any of those guys would be a good addition also.
Conley is way too overhyped right now. He's basically TJ Ford.

Also, just because you surround a guy with good guys doesn't mean he'll change (see what happened with Tank Johnson).

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Conley was the pick that would mean Gordon would be gone.

And Paxson has said the height in the backcourt is not ideal as it is. So why would we get smaller? Makes no sense.

That said if Noc is shipped out via s&t I would love Julian Wright.

Deng/Tyrus/Wright = nasty athletic.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
If Conley was the pick that would mean Gordon would be gone.

And Paxson has said the height in the backcourt is not ideal as it is. So why would we get smaller? Makes no sense.

That said if Noc is shipped out via s&t I would love Julian Wright.

Deng/Tyrus/Wright = nasty athletic.
Forgot to add Thabo who is also very athletic. My choices right now are Green, Hawes, and Wright. I'd be happy with any one of them.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Btw, NYmoney do you have any comeback to what BUST just said about the whole Noce situation? Because you pretty much just got torn to bits.

Quote:
Old 05-25-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't get why we'd take Green or Wright. Both are kind of 3/4 types which is what Thomas is, with no potential of developing into a prototypical 4 but could develop into a 3. But if they do that, we have Deng entrentched at the 3 spot. Maybe there's something I'm overlooking, but that doesn't make much sense to me. If we take any player that's not a big man, it'd better be Brewer or Crittenton if he rises a bit.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I just don't get why we'd take Green or Wright. Both are kind of 3/4 types which is what Thomas is, with no potential of developing into a prototypical 4 but could develop into a 3. But if they do that, we have Deng entrentched at the 3 spot. Maybe there's something I'm overlooking, but that doesn't make much sense to me. If we take any player that's not a big man, it'd better be Brewer or Crittenton if he rises a bit.
Well, after Oden & Horford theres not really a great big that fits in well.

Hawes would be a nice fit, but a lot of people think he's soft.

Skiles & soft don't blend too well together lol.

Paxson is a smart smart man he will take the BPA and Wright might be that player.

This team desperately needs size though so he may be forced to take Hawes.

Any pick Paxson makes is going to be a good one though. I don't think anyone here will be questioning his draft choice.

EDIT: Also, the way this Bulls team is constructed is to play small. Wright could play the 4 in this system unlike Noc who can't but often played it. Wright is much longer and could handle the 4 in our system better than Noc could.

That would mean the end of Nocioni though. I wouldn't mind it at all. I think he's over rated, but love how he plays.

Last edited by BUSTKUNTLAWL : 05-25-2007 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Btw, NYmoney do you have any comeback to what BUST just said about the whole Noce situation? Because you pretty much just got torn to bits.
No, he doesn't. And I didn't expect him to.

He might need to register a new user name and start over.The guy is an idiot & a complete embarassment for running his mouth like that.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im high on some second round guys right now. There are some good post players there, although i realize they are in the second round for a reason i think some bargains would be

Avis Wyatt-okay so not exactly a post dominator but he can develop some and become a very good blend of Sweetney's post prowess without the weight issues and has a better shot than Malik Allen.

Herbert Hill- A solid all around player who has potential. Needs some post refinement but would fit in with Skiles attitude.

Nick Fazekas- Has the height but not the athleticism. Hes a post player thru and thru tho and to his credit he played well against a highly athletic Memphis squad getting 20 and 7.

Other guys in rd 2 I like:

Reyshawn Terry- With this guy i dont think we will miss Noc so much. Is a bit of a streaky shooter but has alot of talent. Has some confidence issues.

Really those are the guys i like. Id like to get 2 of them. Preferably Wyatt and Terry but any of these guys would help make our bench better.

As to our first pick, im unsure now. I just dunno whos gonna be a good fit.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:57 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Well, after Oden & Horford theres not really a great big that fits in well.

Hawes would be a nice fit, but a lot of people think he's soft.

Skiles & soft don't blend too well together lol.

Paxson is a smart smart man he will take the BPA and Wright might be that player.

This team desperately needs size though so he may be forced to take Hawes.

Any pick Paxson makes is going to be a good one though. I don't think anyone here will be questioning his draft choice.

EDIT: Also, the way this Bulls team is constructed is to play small. Wright could play the 4 in this system unlike Noc who can't but often played it. Wright is much longer and could handle the 4 in our system better than Noc could.

That would mean the end of Nocioni though. I wouldn't mind it at all. I think he's over rated, but love how he plays.
Only problem if he gets minutes at the 4 is those are minutes that TT isn't getting, and if he gets minutes at the 3 those are minutes Deng isn't getting. I know we have Noc swinging between the 3 and 4 right now, but I think TT is going to have increased PT and we actually won't need a guy to get that many minutes.

As for second rounders, I love Wyatt and I like Hill, two other guys that could be interesting are Demitris Nichols from Syracuse and DJ Strawberry out of Maryland.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noc is a RFA and i doubt we resign him unless hes gonna come cheap.

im gonna go read up on Nichols and Strawberry now

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post

With his foot injury, I think teams will be hesitant to give him big money. Noce will be back IMO.

Quote:
Old 05-26-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post

I compare Strawberry to Larry Hughes, although DJ needs some more work on his improving jumper, although Hughes is no shooter to go crazy about.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:43 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
I compare Strawberry to Larry Hughes, although DJ needs some more work on his improving jumper, although Hughes is no shooter to go crazy about.
Supposedly DJ is working really hard on his jumper and his handle right now, with pretty good results. At least according to draftexpress, so you can take it FWIW.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Supposedly DJ is working really hard on his jumper and his handle right now, with pretty good results. At least according to draftexpress, so you can take it FWIW.
His handle is fine, and his jumper was much improved last year. He is bad 3 point shooter but has a good mid range game, and is great driving with is size and athleticism. He also is the best thieves in the draft, and could easily be top 10 in the league in steals his rookie year, it is amazing how he gets so many steals. I was pissed when he wasn't invited to the Orlando pre draft camp. But that just means some team will get him later or undrafted, and will get an even bigger steal. He has a great heart, and his Dad Darryl really has taught him not to follow his same mistakes.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
His handle is fine, and his jumper was much improved last year. He is bad 3 point shooter but has a good mid range game, and is great driving with is size and athleticism. He also is the best thieves in the draft, and could easily be top 10 in the league in steals his rookie year, it is amazing how he gets so many steals. I was pissed when he wasn't invited to the Orlando pre draft camp. But that just means some team will get him later or undrafted, and will get an even bigger steal. He has a great heart, and his Dad Darryl really has taught him not to follow his same mistakes.
Never said anything was wrong with his handle, I guess it's just something he's focusing on improving on. Again, just what I got off a website so take it FWIW. Supposedly his left hand was looking quite good. And there are plenty of guys who have made themselves into good shooters, if he stays in the gym and improves his jumper he could really make himself into a nice all-around offensive player. You just have to hope he doesn't get stuck between the 1 and 2 spots like Hughes was for awhile.

What players does everyone think will be gone by the start of the 08-09 season? I think we will have a fairly different team by then, hopefully a better one.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

NYmoney still in a coma?
Old 05-28-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh McRoberts to the bulls. Nice.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Josh McRoberts to the bulls. Nice.
lol if they wanna suck.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol if they wanna suck.
Care to explain to me how he " sucks"? In a way other than he played for Duke?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

The Bulls need a scoring bigman.

I don't follow the Bulls that closely, but why did they trade Aldridge for Thomas when Aldridge already has some polish to his game?
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
The Bulls need a scoring bigman.

I don't follow the Bulls that closely, but why did they trade Aldridge for Thomas when Aldridge already has some polish to his game?
IMO Thomas has more potentail to be a superstar. I mean he had a pretty decent rookie year, his defense is good, and he can score. He just needs to progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Care to explain to me how he " sucks"? In a way other than he played for Duke?
He's soft and he's extremely inconsistent. The tools are there but he's just a *****.

Quote:
Old 05-28-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
IMO Thomas has more potentail to be a superstar. I mean he had a pretty decent rookie year, his defense is good, and he can score. He just needs to progress
Paxon felt like Tyrus was the best talent on the board, which is why he chose him. I guess Tyrus lit up the Berto Center with his workout, and it's easy to see why. He's very raw still but the tools are there. Just based on pure athleticism he was dominating at times. You'll see a vast improvement from this year to next year IMO. He's still 2 or 3 years away from being an impact player, but he's just go so much ability.

And yes, Thomas' potential surpasses LaMarcus'. As far as upside goes, Tyrus has the most out of that draft class followed closely by Rudy ***.

Quote: