Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 05-28-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Care to explain to me how he " sucks"? In a way other than he played for Duke?
He has little to no athletic ability and his low post moves are basically non-existent. He rebounds like a little boy, and he plays inside like some one 50 pounds less than him. Oh and he's not big enough to play down low.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
He's soft and he's extremely inconsistent. The tools are there but he's just a *****.
He averaged 8 rebounds a game... How do you do that if you're soft? INCONSISTENT? That was one of the only things I liked about him.Sure, he didn't drop 20 every game, but he always excelled in some area that helped the team win He was on of the only big men in the country almost averaging a double double and a good number of assists too.
I wish he would go to the Bulls and I think he would help out greatly, but he may be a bit of a reach that high.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
He has little to no athletic ability and his low post moves are basically non-existent. He rebounds like a little boy, and he plays inside like some one 50 pounds less than him. Oh and he's not big enough to play down low.
HAHA, not athletic? Wow, you don't even watch college basketball , do you? I doubt that rebounding like a little boy will get ya 8 per game.

Come on sweetness, I know you don't like him too much, but you gotta agree with me here. he's 6"10 with great athletic ability for his size.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 05-28-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Um Josh is pretty darn athletic man. That's not his problem.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HAHA, not athletic? Wow, you don't even watch college basketball , do you? I doubt that rebounding like a little boy will get ya 8 per game.

Come on sweetness, I know you don't like him too much, but you gotta agree with me here. he's 6"10 with great athletic ability for his size.
Coach K even called him soft.

He is downy soft. Theres no DENYING that.

With that said he will be a better NBA player than College player.

But stop over rating him.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh just sucks. He was/is way overhyped like Shavlik Randolph and a lot of other Duke players. He isn't strong, no shot, and drives like a sissy. Also if he had some basketball IQ, he wouldn't be gettin those cheap fouls and stupid passes he always seems to make.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Coach K even called him soft.

He is downy soft. Theres no DENYING that.

With that said he will be a better NBA player than College player.

But stop over rating him.
Coach K said he would like to see Josh be more aggressive, you're taking his words out of context somewhat.

Is this a sissy enough drive for ya?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtE1I_zV94w&NR=1

Good point though.

they get smoked.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Coach K said he would like to see Josh be more aggressive, you're taking his words out of context somewhat.

Is this a sissy enough drive for ya?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtE1I_zV94w&NR=1

Good point though.

Because I used the phrase "sissy drive" in my statement.

Great rebuttal.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Because I used the phrase "sissy drive" in my statement.

Great rebuttal.
That was to the other guy.

Well.... there was about 20 strong drives on that video, granted it was a highlight video, but it still proves he takes it to the bucket strong. so yeah, that would make it a valid rebuttal.

they get smoked.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Josh just sucks. He was/is way overhyped like Shavlik Randolph and a lot of other Duke players. He isn't strong, no shot, and drives like a sissy. Also if he had some basketball IQ, he wouldn't be gettin those cheap fouls and stupid passes he always seems to make.
haha, whoever made your sig followed my tut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That was to the other guy.

Well.... there was about 20 strong drives on that video, granted it was a highlight video, but it still proves he takes it to the bucket strong. so yeah, that would make it a valid rebuttal.
There were about 5 or 6 he took strong the rest he beat his man off the dribble from about 18 out and no help defense was there.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Josh just sucks.
Yeah, I don't think your input needs to be paid attention too anymore. That's just a stupid statement with nothing to back it up. Ya, he sure sucks alright, you hit the nail on the head there.

they get smoked.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think your input needs to be paid attention too anymore. That's just a stupid statement with nothing to back it up. Ya, he sure sucks alright, you hit the nail on the head there.
TT, Josh is a talented player. He's athletic, runs the court well, has nice touch, and has some decent post moves but he's soft, and that's why I don't like his game much. It hasd nothing to do with him being from Duke, he's just overrated and he's not much of an NBA prospect to tell you the truth. I think he'll be a solid NBA player but nothing more than that.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spencer Hawes w/ the 9th pick would be muy bueno... Please no Noah.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Spencer Hawes w/ the 9th pick would be muy bueno... Please no Noah.
Si senor. I'd flip my lid if we got Noah.

Quote:
Old 05-28-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Noah...we don't need another Ben.

I'm hearing good things about Jason Smith. He sounds better than Hawes. If he begins to rise, I wouldn't mind him at #9.

Nick Collison works as well.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
No Noah...we don't need another Ben.

I'm hearing good things about Jason Smith. He sounds better than Hawes. If he begins to rise, I wouldn't mind him at #9.

Nick Collison works as well.
Smith at #9? No way man. Hawes is a better prospect than Smith. He's better with his back to the basket and Smith isn't near the post passer than Hawes is either. I watched both this season and I was much more impressed with Hawes.

Quote:
Old 05-29-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
TT, Josh is a talented player. He's athletic, runs the court well, has nice touch, and has some decent post moves but he's soft, and that's why I don't like his game much. It hasd nothing to do with him being from Duke, he's just overrated and he's not much of an NBA prospect to tell you the truth. I think he'll be a solid NBA player but nothing more than that.
Uhhhh... That kid said "Josh sucks'. That's just preposterous.

If The Bulls draft Noah I'd **** a wall, not a brick, a wall.

they get smoked.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Uhhhh... That kid said "Josh sucks'. That's just preposterous.

If The Bulls draft Noah I'd **** a wall, not a brick, a wall.
Yea Josh doesn't suck. He's overrated but he doesn't suck.

Quote:
Old 05-29-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Lol are you ******* serious dude? You're a dumb ****. Honestly.

Do you know anything about BYC players? Maybe you should google and do some reading and educate your dumb self.

Randolph makes $13+ million next year.

If Paxson resigns Nocioni at $8m starting salary, he will only be worth $4m as outgoing value.

How are you going to make up the other salary? Sign PJ Brown for $9m/yr? Good joke.

Nocioni cannot be SIGNED until JULY 15TH (AFTER THE DRAFT DUMB ****) .. Which means we don't get equal salary back.

So keep believing a trade can happen when in reality it's not possible.

Let me break this down for you since you think you know what you're talking about.

WE can Sign & Trade Nocioni with a 2008 or 2009 pick - NOT 2007.

But Paxson must match salary to bring in KG, Randolph, Amare, or whoever you think is possible.

Only 2 players on the Bulls make more than $5m next season Kirk who is BYC & Ben Wallace. Any matching of the salaries would gut the entire team since we know Paxson is not trading Kirk or Wallace.

Maybe you shouldn't talk **** to someone who actually knows how the CBA works.
you're a fool. you can have to match, with a 25% leeway in either direction. Therefore, with Randolph's 13.33mm contract, you only have to offer 10mm. so with noc, khyrapa, and duhon, the contracts match.

work on your math you fool.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
He averaged 8 rebounds a game... How do you do that if you're soft? INCONSISTENT? That was one of the only things I liked about him.Sure, he didn't drop 20 every game, but he always excelled in some area that helped the team win He was on of the only big men in the country almost averaging a double double and a good number of assists too.
I wish he would go to the Bulls and I think he would help out greatly, but he may be a bit of a reach that high.
he's slotted to go at 20. If the bulls take mcroberts at 9, paxson should be shot. he could easily trade with a high teen or low 20's team (e.g. miami) and still get mcroberts.

mcroberts is undervalued right now because of the year he had. last year people had him going at 9 or 10 to seattle.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Btw, NYmoney do you have any comeback to what BUST just said about the whole Noce situation? Because you pretty much just got torn to bits.
some of us don't check this board every day. sorry kid.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
No, he doesn't. And I didn't expect him to.

He might need to register a new user name and start over.The guy is an idiot & a complete embarassment for running his mouth like that.
buster, you have exhibited little valid knowledge. please leave the forum for good.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
The Bulls need a scoring bigman.

I don't follow the Bulls that closely, but why did they trade Aldridge for Thomas when Aldridge already has some polish to his game?
i do not believe that they type of polish aldridge possesses is the type of skill the bulls were looking for at that time. aldridge is not nearly the type of post player that peopler are acting like he is. he is much more of a okur type big man than a duncan type.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know there's a lot of talk of going with Hawes at the 9 spot, it seems to be the popular pick and I like it because we could use a center to stick next to TT in the future and a back to the basket game.

I have two questions. One is does anyone think it's possible we target a polished power forward this season, since that would improve our team more directly. There are no really polished centers and a guy like Horford would have more of an impact this year than Hawes, and could even start. If we're trying to win now as opposed to in the future, does it make more sense to go after a power forward as opposed to a center?

My other question is this, does anyone see Ben Gordon sticking with us after this contract expires? If not, do we deal him in a sign and trade after this coming season, or do we try and deal him this offseason?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote