Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-21-2006, 05:42 PM    (permalink

Yes i believe Gonzo should be 1st team, and so do the coaches. One poster on an NFL site seems to disagree.....SO WHAT?
Old 11-21-2006, 05:44 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland31
Yes i believe Gonzo should be 1st team, and so do the coaches. One poster on an NFL site seems to disagree.....SO WHAT?
Actually of three people that have posted on the subject, two of them have said Hardy deserves it more. Explain why Gonzalez deserves it more.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:46 PM    (permalink

I dont care if 100 posters think Hardy is better, there just posters!!!!

Big Ten coaches are the only important variable here, and they allready spoke their minds in the matter.

If you wanna make up an awards show where the posters get to pick who wins, your free to do so......
Old 11-21-2006, 05:47 PM    (permalink

Quote:
I dont care if 100 posters think Hardy is better, there just posters!!!!

Big Ten coaches are the only important variable here, and they allready spoke their minds in the matter.

If you wanna make up an awards show where the posters get to pick who wins, your free to do so......
See there you go again complete avoiding the question asked to you.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:49 PM    (permalink

Your making it seem as though posters have more knowledge about a player than the coaches, and it is complete ludacris to think that. The coaches opinions are held in much higher regard than a message boards!

Please try to understand that
Old 11-21-2006, 05:50 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Your making it seem as though posters have more knowledge about a player than the coaches, and it is complete ludacris to think that. The coaches opinions are held in much higher regard than a message boards!

Please try to understand that
Just because you're a complete idiot doesn't mean other posters are. I have deep respect for coaches but I trust the Media more in ranking teams and players, because they see more games of them. Again, you have yet to answer my question.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:54 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Just because you're a complete idiot doesn't mean other posters are. I have deep respect for coaches but I trust the Media more in ranking teams and players, because they see more games of them. Again, you have yet to answer my question.
Come to me when you wanna make sence or bring up a good point. Go cry to the coaches or something, not me!
Old 11-21-2006, 05:55 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Come to me when you wanna make sence or bring up a good point. Go cry to the coaches or something, not me!
You're talking about people making points and making sense? And for the fourth post in a row, you haven't answered my question.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:55 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
"sence" doesn't make sense. In your face!!! BOOYA!!
Old 11-21-2006, 06:01 PM    (permalink

HERE is your answer:

GONZALEZ deserves it more because..........HE ACTUALLY WON!!!!

are you going to need counsiling to be able to reconsil with this decision made by the Big Ten coaches?

PS - your a poster, not a scout or talent evaluator, your opinion means squat compared to these coaches.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:02 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Hass >> Anthony Gonzalez
Old 11-21-2006, 06:04 PM    (permalink

Jerry Rice >>>>> Mike Hass
Old 11-21-2006, 06:05 PM    (permalink

Quote:
HERE is your answer:

GONZALEZ deserves it more because..........HE ACTUALLY WON!!!!

are you going to need counsiling to be able to reconsil with this decision made by the Big Ten coaches?

PS - your a poster, not a scout or talent evaluator, your opinion means squat compared to these coaches.
You still haven't explain why you yourself believe he is the better player. I'm sorry but "because the Big Ten coaches said so", isn't a good reason.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:06 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jerry Rice >>>>> Mike Hass
I was on the edge about that one but I'll agree with you. :roll:
Old 11-21-2006, 06:53 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ARGGGH SCIRROTTO WAS SHAFTED!!!!! :?

I agree with it for the most part..>Scirrotto was shafted!

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ikegwuono is a beast.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Nerv

Lol, clevelands posts are gone, cards is arguing with her/himself
Old 11-22-2006, 01:37 AM    (permalink
danman253

Long over thomas for OL of the year, LOVE IT 8)
Old 11-22-2006, 08:43 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Troy Smith wasn't a Unanimous decision for first team QB. One coach voted for someone else.

Rumors are that it was Joe Tiller, but no one really knows. It's funny, because he's being talked about as the almost unanimous Heisman winner, yet someone voted for someone else. But since Cleveland31 puts so much credit into the Big 10 coaches as a whole, I guess this could mean something. :P
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:51 AM    (permalink

Well now i look like an idiot.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:35 PM    (permalink
BerninWI
Rookie

BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.

Wow, what a snub of Travis Beckum. Rivals has him rated as the #1 TE in that nation (appropriately, he leads all te's in the nation with 821 yards receiving, after a slow start since he was moving over from defensive end/linebacker) and yet he didn't make even the 2nd team big ten with the coaches. Many Iowa fans thought Chandler was crap this year. Long over Joe Thomas as OL of the year? Yeah, if they say so. Manningham missed a lot of games and as a result his body of work wasn't all that extensive. I think that spot should have gone to Bryant from Purdue or Hardy from Indiana. Both those players were better than the 2 who did make it. There was a lot of OSU and Michigan bias in these. Just because they are great teams doesn't mean nearly everyone at every position is the best for them.
BerninWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:40 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerninWI
Wow, what a snub of Travis Beckum. Rivals has him rated as the #1 TE in that nation (appropriately, he leads all te's in the nation with 821 yards receiving, after a slow start since he was moving over from defensive end/linebacker) and yet he didn't make even the 2nd team big ten with the coaches. Many Iowa fans thought Chandler was crap this year. Long over Joe Thomas as OL of the year? Yeah, if they say so. Manningham missed a lot of games and as a result his body of work wasn't all that extensive. I think that spot should have gone to Bryant from Purdue or Hardy from Indiana. Both those players were better than the 2 who did make it. There was a lot of OSU and Michigan bias in these. Just because they are great teams doesn't mean nearly everyone at every position is the best for them.
Cry about it why don't ya?
Old 11-22-2006, 09:42 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beckum definately should be on it over Chandler.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:27 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spaeth made the team, so I am happy.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:47 PM    (permalink
NOSH
Rookie

NOSH hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

James Hardy is in the same breath as Calvin Johnson. Both are beasts at WR (when thrown to) and are gamebreaking type players. Gonzalez is the product of Troy Smith and the players around him. Sure he is good but no where near James Hardy good. If Hardy had a QB as good as Smith or Henne he would put up Randy Moss numbers and destroy teams on a weekly basis. Oh, I was a little surprised Tony Hunt didn't make first team but I can live with 2nd team. Penn State wouldn't have won 3 games without him but I guess the coaches know best.