Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:45 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
The Raiders run the 4-3.
So the 3-4 is better?
Old 11-22-2006, 11:47 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
The Raiders run the 4-3.
So the 3-4 is better?
uhh no.the raiders d is definetely one of the most underated in the nfl.though you would have seen that when they crushed the cards.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:48 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
The Raiders run the 4-3.
So the 3-4 is better?
uhh no.the raiders d is definetely one of the most underated in the nfl.though you would have seen that when they crushed the cards.
It was a joke buddy calm down. And you far from "crushed" us.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It depends on your division as i think you build to battle inthe division first.

so if you were in a pass happy division. I would def run the 3-4. It creates mismatches and add pass rushers with usually more speed.

but in a run happy division i would run 4-3. As it adds more lineman to help clog the lanes and keeps the blockers off your LBs
Old 11-23-2006, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How so? The 3-4 is great against the run, if you have the right personnel for it.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of defenses, the one I love, is what Rex Ryan is running in Baltimore. It is insane to watch, the schemes, versatility, innovation. You cannot really classify it as any specific kind of defense, they call it "controlled chaos." It's amazing their own players know what to do.

Old 11-23-2006, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heck yea we show so many fronts, we switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 at basically any play. The only thing I dont like about the D if Reed plays a lot of Cover 2 and not the way he won DPOY award.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:17 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey shiver, who said the thing in your sig?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:50 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
heck yea we show so many fronts, we switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 at basically any play. The only thing I dont like about the D if Reed plays a lot of Cover 2 and not the way he won DPOY award.
that is also what i like about the niners defense as it is basically the same thing as nolan was the defensive coordinator in baltimore before coming over to san francisco.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:13 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Thanks draftguru, you just gave me the perfect setup to rip into the Cover 2.

Cover 2 S UCKS

Defenses weren't meant to be wimpy. Those small quickies could get owned by the big overpowering olinemen I would build my offense around. Speed kills. Kills your run defense that is. Ive said it before and I'll say it again, any style defense who's major weakness is against the power run, and is built to stop the pass is not a good base defense. You cannot be an elite defense in this league either if you cannot play man coverage. And the small secondaries of the Cover 2 cannot hold up in their man assignments.

Cover 2 can't defend the TE entirely well either. And its too basic of a scheme. Come December when teams look at a year of tape and analyze your weaknesses, the Cover 2 scheme has no answer. Its too basic of a scheme, and you won't confuse any qbs with it.

Cover 2 can work, I won't deny that. But its just not my cup of tea. Theres too many inherit flaws in the philosophy. I grew up playing smashmouth football, and the Cover 2's philosophies go against most of the principles I grew up playing and believing in.
Tell that to the best defense in the NFL. :P 8)

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Hey shiver, who said the thing in your sig?

Someone on a different forum.

Old 11-23-2006, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34

Well you guys aren't the typical. Most Tampa 2 schemes involve small linebackers, you have a 250-lbs beast in the middle. That helps a lot against the run.

Old 11-23-2006, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Cover 2 can work, I won't deny that. But its just not my cup of tea. Theres too many inherit flaws in the philosophy. I grew up playing smashmouth football, and the Cover 2's philosophies go against most of the principles I grew up playing and believing in.
BBD, the correct terminology you're looking for is "Tampa 2." Jacksonville runs almost exclusively cover 2 and cover 3, but they have two beast interior tackles. Whereas in the Tony Dungy system, what you are referring to, almost everyone is undersized.

Old 11-24-2006, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34

Well you guys aren't the typical. Most Tampa 2 schemes involve small linebackers, you have a 250-lbs beast in the middle. That helps a lot against the run.
Not to mention he's surrounded by two 240 lbs. linebackers outside of him.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Even their D-Line is bigger than usual for the scheme. Same with Minnesota. It's Indianapolis, with their reliance on extremely undersized D-Line and LBs that are the example of what can happen when you rely too much on speed. I think Indy's problem is they have too much money tied into the offense, they cannot get the talent, other Tampa 2 teams have. Thus they have been consistently bad. The system only works when you have elite players at every position.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:28 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
BBD, the correct terminology you're looking for is "Tampa 2." Jacksonville runs almost exclusively cover 2 and cover 3, but they have two beast interior tackles. Whereas in the Tony Dungy system, what you are referring to, almost everyone is undersized.
This is true. Something tells me that the Jaguars blitz a little more than they did last year, but I don't know that for sure, and it's still not enough to call the Jags' D a blitzing one.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:56 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Speaking of defenses, the one I love, is what Rex Ryan is running in Baltimore. It is insane to watch, the schemes, versatility, innovation. You cannot really classify it as any specific kind of defense, they call it "controlled chaos." It's amazing their own players know what to do.
Miami does it too, and Jason Taylor is better than anyone on the Ravens front 7. He goes everywhere.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Does Miami ever run a formation with their "MIKE" at the FS position? Baltimore does. :shock:

Old 11-24-2006, 10:00 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does Miami ever run a formation with their "MIKE" at the FS position? Baltimore does. :shock:
Um, yea that is just nuts. But Keith Traylor does play LB from time to time.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-24-2006, 10:36 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adalius Thomas is a beast. Even more versatile than the great Jason Taylor, and I think he weighs more too.

Anyway, I'd go for the 4-3. Never really been a fan of the 3-4, unless teams use it sparingly or you're Dallas where I just happen to like most of their players. I just think a dominant front seven in the 4-3 is better than the same in a 3-4.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:42 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
Adalius Thomas is a beast. Even more versatile than the great Jason Taylor, and I think he weighs more too.

Anyway, I'd go for the 4-3. Never really been a fan of the 3-4, unless teams use it sparingly or you're Dallas where I just happen to like most of their players. I just think a dominant front seven in the 4-3 is better than the same in a 3-4.
He still can't do the things Jason does, and the only position he lines up at that JT doesn't is safety, which Thomas doesn't do that much.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-24-2006, 10:44 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow

He still can't do the things Jason does, and the only position he lines up at that JT doesn't is safety, which Thomas doesn't do that much.
Taylor lines up at CB? But yeah. I love Jason Taylor, but really, he can do things Adalius can't at DE, and Adalius can do things he can't just about everywhere else. Both are beasts though.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:49 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Adalius playing CB is blown up too much because all he really does is play LB really wide, all he does is jam the receiver and play the flats.

Really though, imagine if Miami signs him in the offseason to play SLB. That would be ridiculous.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-24-2006, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Adalius playing CB is blown up too much because all he really does is play LB really wide, all he does is jam the receiver and play the flats.
Really though, imagine if Miami signs him in the offseason to play SLB. That would be ridiculous.

He actually played man-to-man against Chad Johnson

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...mas/index.html

He is a beast, if he gets into a permanant 3-4 D he will be a DPOY candidate.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:58 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
Quote:

He actually played man-to-man against Chad Johnson

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...mas/index.html

He is a beast, if he gets into a permanant 3-4 D he will be a DPOY candidate.
That is exactly what I said, he jams the receiver. :?

<njx9> <3 dg