Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-25-2006, 10:46 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America
Karlos Dansby
I haven't heard his name all season.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:47 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Karlos Dansby
I'm pretty sure before the season, they were worried he had a toe/foot injury that wouldn't let him play again. He's been playing hurt all year, but has still been solid. He's a beast.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:50 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Karlos Dansby
I'm pretty sure before the season, they were worried he had a toe/foot injury that wouldn't let him play again. He's been playing hurt all year, but has still been solid. He's a beast.
I didn't even know if he recovered from the toe. He definately is a monster though.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-25-2006, 10:57 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
id take 46, with a SS who can cover and stuff the run, then 3 lock down DB's
But that's next to impossible. Your secondary would need to be like D-Hall, Champ, Ed Reed and Sean Taylor. It'd be a good defense if you had them, but the only way that would happen is if there was life on Mars and tey played football and challenged us to a football war.
I think other countries would be far less out there.
The only other country that plays football that I know of is Canada, and there are two things you need to know. It's a different game. And our best player is Jesse Palmer or Jesse Lumsden, neither of whom made NFL rosters.
havent you ever heard of Turkey?geez do you live under a rock.Turkish football.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:09 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
id take 46, with a SS who can cover and stuff the run, then 3 lock down DB's
But that's next to impossible. Your secondary would need to be like D-Hall, Champ, Ed Reed and Sean Taylor. It'd be a good defense if you had them, but the only way that would happen is if there was life on Mars and tey played football and challenged us to a football war.
I think other countries would be far less out there.
The only other country that plays football that I know of is Canada, and there are two things you need to know. It's a different game. And our best player is Jesse Palmer or Jesse Lumsden, neither of whom made NFL rosters.
havent you ever heard of Turkey?geez do you live under a rock.Turkish football.

Don't diss my rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56
i would def run a hybrid type Dline

but it would be a 4-3

DE-Peppers
DT-Jamal Williams
DT-Vince wilfork
DE-Tommie Harris

all GOOD players my DT would eat any oline, and harris could easily play DE..but he would have size to help in the run game
How is that a hybrid defense?
using 3-4 nt as 4-3 dts and having a dt play DE

trust me that would be a sick ass dline as usually all of those players are double teamed. with that much size and strength in the middle peppers would easily break sack record....that line would probably be the best run stopping also
Old 11-26-2006, 12:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

That isn't a hybrid though, a hybrid is having a defense that can run a 4-3 or a 3-4, that is just a really big DL.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-26-2006, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
That isn't a hybrid though, a hybrid is having a defense that can run a 4-3 or a 3-4, that is just a really big DL.
Peppers could drop back into the Rush Backer position but I'm not so sure Wilfork could play 3-4 DE.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:26 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you want a hybrid DL, make it something like

DE - Terrell Suggs
DT - John Henderson
DT - Shaun Rogers
DE - Will Smith

:D
Old 11-26-2006, 01:40 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
If you want a hybrid DL, make it something like

DE - Terrell Suggs
DT - John Henderson
DT - Shaun Rogers
DE - Will Smith

:D
That's not just hybrid, it's Chunky Soup with Beans.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:47 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Hybrid

OE-Jason Taylor
DT- Luis Castillo
NT- Vince Wilfork
DE- Julius Peppers

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-26-2006, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Ultimate Hybrid:

4-3

LDE: Richard Seymour
LDT: Tommie Harris
RDT: Jamal Williams
RDE: Julius Peppers

3-4

LDE: Richard Seymour
NT: Jamal Williams
RDE: Tommie Harris
Rushbacker: Julius Peppers
Old 11-26-2006, 01:53 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Tommie Harris is not a 3-4 end. The real ultimate.

DE- Richard Seymour
NT- Jamal Williams
DT- Kevin Williams
OE- Jason Taylor/Peppers

What DE is perfect for that role that I have Seymour in because I can't find a dominate guy. Kevin Carter does it for Miami, Trevor Pryce is an option. I still think Peppers would dominant in that role.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-26-2006, 01:53 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't ever really see Harris as a 3-4 DE. Switch that out with another one of the premier DTs in the league and I think it's pretty good, though have we ever seen Seymour as a 4-3 DE?
Old 11-26-2006, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:

DE- Richard Seymour
NT- Jamal Williams
DT- Kevin Williams
OE- Jason Taylor/Peppers

What DE is perfect for that role that I have Seymour in because I can't find a dominate guy. Kevin Carter does it for Miami, Trevor Pryce is an option. I still think Peppers would dominant in that role.
Why could Harris not play end in the 3-4?
Old 11-26-2006, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I couldn't ever really see Harris as a 3-4 DE. Switch that out with another one of the premier DTs in the league and I think it's pretty good, though have we ever seen Seymour as a 4-3 DE?
The Patriots have played in a 4-3 set from time to time I believe.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:55 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
Quote:

DE- Richard Seymour
NT- Jamal Williams
DT- Kevin Williams
OE- Jason Taylor/Peppers

Why could Harris not play end in the 3-4?
He is a penerator, it would be like Sapp in a 3-4.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-26-2006, 01:57 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:

DE- Richard Seymour
NT- Jamal Williams
DT- Kevin Williams
OE- Jason Taylor/Peppers

Will Smith. 8)

But Kevin Williams is almost more solely based on penetrating than Harris. Henderson would probably be better.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Try this on for size:

LDE: Julius Peppers
DT: Richard Seymour
DT: Jamal Williams
RDE: Jason Taylor
Old 11-26-2006, 02:22 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Try this on for size:

LDE: Julius Peppers
DT: Richard Seymour
DT: Jamal Williams
RDE: Jason Taylor
Yea that works.

Mario should be able to fill that role in a few years. Right now he sucks.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-26-2006, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Quote:
ok you are talking about hybrid meaning can do both,

my hybrid is having a D using both types of personel but running one set formation

EXE. having nts and DT played DE and running a 4-3
Old 11-26-2006, 03:40 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
The Patriots have played in a 4-3 set from time to time I believe.
I think he goes to DT when they do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56
Quote:
ok you are talking about hybrid meaning can do both,

my hybrid is having a D using both types of personel but running one set formation

EXE. having nts and DT played DE and running a 4-3
and if you dont think peppers could be a rush backer is hilarious as he can cover just as good as most lbs and is more athletic. WIlliams, wilfork and harris can easily play 3-4....
Old 11-26-2006, 03:55 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Wilfork and Harris are not 3-4 DEs.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-26-2006, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Quote:
Wilfork and Harris are not 3-4 DEs.
i find it funny as you dont think they could play 3-4

i have no doubt they could play 3-4 ends