Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-18-2006, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Devin Hester, wide reciever?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....s-home-utility

Quote:
Smith acknowledged there have been suggestions to let Hester run a fly pattern or a quick screen once in a while, and not all the suggestions have come from outside the Bears' building.

"We like him on returns," Smith said. "What happens in the future, I don't know."
Do you guys think Devin Hester can be a WR. Maybe lesser versions of Steve Smith and Santana Moss. He is only 5'11" and weighs 190. But he does have that great speed, and he has some slick moves. I for one think he can excell as a reciever running a quick screen or just doing a fly, more then he can do by being a CB.

So what are your thoughts on Hester?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:21 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want him at WR so bad. I think that he would be buried at CB, but at WR I think he has potential to be a very good reciever. He is fast, quick, probably needs to work on his hands and his fundamentals, but I think the end result could pay off big if he is tought and comes along right

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said they should put him at WR before the season began. I said he's so explosive that every once in a while, throw him a screen, or make him run. If he has the ball with room to run, he is a threat to take it to the house every time. Great move by Da Bears.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On paper it seems like a great idea. But you'll never know how it will pan out until he hits the field. I say give him a shot and see what happens. Have him practice catching the ball during practice. But don't get your hopes up.

It could fail though, even though it makes sense on paper. Look at Daunte Hall. On paper, he should be just like Smith and Moss too, but it just never happened. Hester could be another Daunte Hall.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like his skills at CB. When he has played so far this year he has looked good. As for being buried, we aren't going to resign both Vasher and Tillman after next season so one of them is going to leave. I would guess at that point Ricky Manning might finally get his chance to start and we'll need a nickel CB.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
I actually like his skills at CB. When he has played so far this year he has looked good. As for being buried, we aren't going to resign both Vasher and Tillman after next season so one of them is going to leave. I would guess at that point Ricky Manning might finally get his chance to start and we'll need a nickel CB.
You have a point...

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Ricky Manning is little that's why he's been a nickle corner.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give him a try.. I mean, you never know.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk
Ricky Manning is little that's why he's been a nickle corner.
You don't need to be a big corner to be a starter in the cover 2. But really he's been a nickel corner becuase he's been on two teams (Panthers-Bears) that have really good starting corners. I think Manning could start on about half the teams in the league.

Old 11-18-2006, 10:02 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He will be a special teams superstar but will never be consistent at any position.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:04 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see him being used in a Reggie Bush type fashion on occasions. Throw him some screens, give him some tosses, and run some reverses.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
I could see him being used in a Reggie Bush type fashion on occasions. Throw him some screens, give him some tosses, and run some reverses.
Eh didn't work really well at Miami doing that.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:08 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettosermon
Quote:
Well we're a little different then Miami. He's got the playmaking ability to do it.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Miami didn't know how to handle Hester. They moved him all over the place instead of letting him one position and sticking to it. They would be the first to admit that.

Old 11-18-2006, 10:20 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Miami didn't know how to handle Hester. They moved him all over the place instead of letting him one position and sticking to it. They would be the first to admit that.
Agreed. They never committed to him. They tried him at CB for a little bit, then I think they went WR, and then RB in a bowl game. With the right coaching I think he could be a good CB in the NFL. He's very tough, a lot tougher then I thought he'd be, especially against the run. I saw him play the run very well many times in the preseason. With hard work and traning I think he'd make a darn good CB, but that's my opinion.

Quote:
Old 11-18-2006, 10:24 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hester has potential at CB. I think they should let him stay there and develop, maybe using him on a few trick plays. But that is what hurt him at Miami. We tried making him play both ways, learn 5 or 6 different positions all while he was hurt. Coker messed him up.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:25 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Hester has potential at CB. I think they should let him stay there and develop, maybe using him on a few trick plays. But that is what hurt him at Miami. We tried making him play both ways, learn 5 or 6 different positions all while he was hurt. Coker messed him up.
Coker has messed a lot of players up at Miami(FL). Especially Hester. I just can't help but wonder how much better Hester could have been under Butch Davis.

Quote:
Old 11-18-2006, 10:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Coker has messed a lot of players up at Miami(FL). Especially Hester. I just can't help but wonder how much better Hester could have been under Butch Davis.
Butch Davis sucks. I don't care what he did at Miami, he's an idiot. Even monkeys luck out every once in a while.

Old 11-18-2006, 10:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Butch Davis sucks. I don't care what he did at Miami, he's an idiot. Even monkeys luck out every once in a while.
Agree to disagree.

Quote:
Old 11-18-2006, 10:29 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

i think he should be a CB who returns punts and kicks and is used on 3-5 offensive plays a game.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Davis was a bad NFL coach and GM, there is no arguing that, but he is an amazing recruiter and knows the game of college football.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-18-2006, 10:30 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't be any worse than Troy Williamson.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Davis was a bad NFL coach and GM, there is no arguing that, but he is an amazing recruiter and knows the game of college football.
What he said. I was going to rant on for a paragraph or two but dg said what I was going to say. :D

Quote:
Old 11-18-2006, 10:36 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
What he said. I was going to rant on for a paragraph or two but dg said what I was going to say. :D
I keep stuff simple.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-18-2006, 10:39 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I keep stuff simple.
Haha yep. Must be a Florida thing.

Quote: